Independant-original type Thai/SE.Asian film recommendations

james24

After watching "The Rocket" the other day Ive really gained an interest in Thai/Se Asian films

The films in Thai I can seem to find are about past dynasties and ghosts. However the blockbuster type Thai movies I dont really enjoy.

Can anyone recommend some decent Thai/S.e Asian movies that have an independant, original feel to them?

FYI, "The Rocket" is an Australian film; this may be one reason why you enjoyed it so much, and/or dislike Thai films?

That said, it is easy enough to search for "award winning films from southeast Asia" to start your list. You could even review the annual country submissions to the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Best_Foreign_Language_Film_Academy_Award_submissions_by_country

There have been a fair number of threads here on interesting Thai and SE Asian films, but I'm too lazy to search now.

Ah ok, tbh it was the plot that I enjoyed the most, very original. Lots of undertones which were also very clever.

Ill check out that link thanks, more independent/amateur would be interesting too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk