if a Thai girl who isn't a bar girl accepts money for sex....

ve741

Fer chrissakes, do I have to send you letterhead ?

I'm not quoting some dumbass ESPN doofus here.

No idea what your current location nor ESPN have to do with anything.

"When I was at university" sounds British and stuck up to an American who hasn't traveled much.

We generally say "when I was in college" even if it happened to be at a uni.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/college_1

Note the second definition, which if you check out the meanings of the abbreviations, means "college and university are interchangeable terms in the US".

Want more or are you gonna fuggedaboudid?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=college+university+%22are+interchangeable%22+OR+%22are+the+same%22

It comes as no surprise in the post-Bush era that there are still people who exemplify faux-bushwhacker speech patterns and designations.

So you may call me British and stuck up if it helps your argument. In another thread you suggested I was anti-British because I had a similar comment about yobs. It's all about feeling good.

So fill yer boots there, Wym.

For my part I am not interested in "what sounds British and stuck up" to an ill-educated, untraveled American ESPN hillbilly.

These are the bumpkins who will say that "usage" justifies just about any blurring of meaning and that linguistic abomination and lack of precision are one of many cultural ideals that "keep 'markins together."

The goofy "If I 'would of'(sic) known I 'would of'(sic) brought my own" comes to mind.

Along with the *signature* . . . . . . "he should of (sic) went (sic) home at three-thirty.

They had a President who faked this posture and look where THAT got everybody.

Educated Americans are quite capable of distinguishing between the two. . . . and they do.

Now, of course more people probably "went to calage" than went to UNIVERSITY and I'll grant you the "usage" point for that reason. I'm sure American Creationists and calage dropouts are enthusiastic blurrers of the distinction.

A University is a collocation of colleges on a campus.

In any case:

No one has EVER used Harvard "college".

It's "University" as is the "U" in UCLA and Stanford, Princeton, Michigan State, Texas A&M, Washington State (or ANY "State" University that anyone can come up with.

But you go ahead there, with "whatever".

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit. . . . "

I hate to qualify your rant there, Donny boy,

but, I SPEAK the way you mock, as do tens of millions of educated americans, and sadly, I knew you were wrong when you said nobody refers to Harvard University, as Harvard College,

except of course the people who work, at Harvard College:

sorry donny

but that schit did sound british and my last wife's father is british and he is the lowest form of scumb, I have met in my life:

had you not made fun of the language we from new york use, I would have let this pass

Harvard College Admissions Visitor Center

Edited by Scarpolo

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"When I was at university" sounds British and stuck up to an American who hasn't traveled much.

Note the second definition, which if you check out the meanings of the abbreviations, means "college and university are interchangeable terms in the US".

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=college+university+%22are+interchangeable%22+OR+%22are+the+same%22

It comes as no surprise in the post-Bush era that there are still people who exemplify faux-bushwhacker speech patterns and designations.

So you may call me British and stuck up if it helps your argument. In another thread you suggested I was anti-British because I had a similar comment about yobs. It's all about feeling good.

For my part I am not interested in "what sounds British and stuck up" to an ill-educated, untraveled American ESPN hillbilly.

These are the bumpkins who will say that "usage" justifies just about any blurring of meaning and that linguistic abomination and lack of precision are one of many cultural ideals that "keep 'markins together."

The goofy "If I 'would of'(sic) known I 'would of'(sic) brought my own" comes to mind.

Along with the *signature* . . . . . . "he should of (sic) went (sic) home at three-thirty.

Educated Americans are quite capable of distinguishing between the two. . . . and they do.

Now, of course more people probably "went to calage" than went to UNIVERSITY and I'll grant you the "usage" point for that reason. I'm sure American Creationists and calage dropouts are enthusiastic blurrers of the distinction.

In any case:

It's "University" as is the "U" in UCLA and Stanford, Princeton, Michigan State, Texas A&M, Washington State (or ANY "State" University that anyone can come up with.

While we're at it there's also this crowd of IT mavens who call themselves scientists because they graduated from a computer science department. By THAT token then, so are secretaries (Secretarial Science) politicians (Political Science) Actuaries (Actuarial Science) etc.

But you go ahead there, with your "whatever".

Donnie, I think you SHOULD OF taken your meds this morning.

You're not well.

• Like 1

If the OP is only looking for sex himself it really don't matter. If he is looking for a gf or wife keep looking .... Too many good girls in Thailand so why take a chance.

Why does a girl's choice of job determine whether she's "good" or not? Haven't you read the Bible?

• Like 1

But I found exactly what I wanted to see in bed next to me, and I paid for it.

You're obsessed.

Ever heard of the term "holiday romance"?

Sorry to be rude, but you sound hopelessly inexperienced.

Yes everything is great and fun the first time or the first months you spend here. It's a lot different after 5, 10 or 25 years when you have seen all the bad stuff also.

Lars,

I left after 6 months, thinking I would never return to the US,

Now that I am here, and got out today a little (still adjusting to the heavy travel, weather changes and exhausting drive)

I do not see myself returning to Thailand, unless it is for a much shorter visit, in the weeks, not months, and even then, I do not want to return to bkk

I am a beach person, and do not want to be around the drunkards and yabba maniacs

If the south was an option, I would do that, and even then, I may prefer Ft Lauderdale over it all anyway, cant be sure,

I do know, I can live better and cheaper here, so for now, I stay, oh, and all the girls speak english and they don't have to worry about losing face, to date me

what a freakin farce that is

Why make 50+ post every day here at TV if you can't see yourself returning to Thailand? It doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

I stayed because I met a 32 year old model, who works in a bathtub,

OK. I think we can now agree you're either tolling or playing games.

Which agency was your "model girlfriend" contracted to?

Was she a fashion model or a photographic model or a glamour model?

Edited by casualposter

Which agency was your "model girlfriend" contacted to?

we can all agree, yep

In any case:

Chenault is the longtime chairman and chief executive officer of American Express Company.

Mills served until recently as the administrator of the U.S. Small Business Administration, and is now a senior fellow at Harvard Business School and the Harvard Kennedy School of Government. Both will begin their service as Fellows of Harvard College on July 1, 2014, having been elected by the Corporation with the consent of the Board of Overseers, in accordance with the University’s charter.

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2014/02/chenault_gordon_mills_named/

If the OP is only looking for sex himself it really don't matter. If he is looking for a gf or wife keep looking .... Too many good girls in Thailand so why take a chance.

Why does a girl's choice of job determine whether she's "good" or not? Haven't you read the Bible?

You mean the two girls that hid Joshua's spies?

I prefer the spaghetti westerns,

Dean Martin and Clint Eastwood always stayed with the working girls, as did Doc Holliday

Ladies of the night have always been part of night peoples lives

Which agency was your "model girlfriend" contacted to?

we can all agree, yep

I'm glad you agree.

Are you a "managed account" or a schoolboy having a bit of fun?

Have a nice day, Mr Scarpolo.

It is a matter of odds. I would feel more confident and think I would have a better chance of having a good relationship with a girl who did not sell her body. I think and feel she would be more true to herself and me.

As stated before, I just don't trust girls who sell themselves.

If you want to marry a girl who does then marry one, as they say in Thailand " up to you".

I voice my opinion, you can agree or disagree.

In any case:

While we're at it there's also this crowd of IT mavens who call themselves scientists because they graduated from a computer science department. By THAT token then, so are secretaries (Secretarial Science) politicians (Political Science) Actuaries (Actuarial Science) etc.

But you go ahead there, with your "whatever".

Donnie, I think you SHOULD OF taken your meds this morning.

You're not well.

If I had known (not would of known)

Should have not "should of"

Sorry guys, no grammar Nazi here. I use lots of colloquialisms. But there are certain basic minimum standards needed to maintain clarity. Even the scriptwriters in "justified" have the lads using the past conditional indicative and the various subjunctive moods so that narratives can unfold clearly.

And, Wym, lots of people speak unclearly, it's a matter of personal preference.

Now whether others (those worth convincing) listen to them or are convinced . . . . . . well, that's an entirely different matter.

It is a matter of odds. I would feel more confident and think I would have a better chance of having a good relationship with a girl who did not sell her body. I think and feel she would be more true to herself and me.

If you want to marry a girl who does then marry one, as they say in Thailand " up to you".

In 1988, Deng was sponsored by an American family for a student visa. She attended Cal State Northridge for economics and completed her master's degree in business at the Yale School of Management, where she currently serves on the board of advisors. Jake and Joyce Cherry sponsoring her student visa (Jake leaving his wife and children later became Deng's first husband). Wendi was 30 years younger than Jake. They divorced because Wendi was involved with a younger man. Then she found Rupert.

Me? I'll take the Yale MBA grads.cheesy.gif

In any case:

Chenault is the longtime chairman and chief executive officer of American Express Company.

Mills served until recently as the administrator of the U.S. Small Business Administration, and is now a senior fellow at Harvard Business School and the Harvard Kennedy School of Government. Both will begin their service as Fellows of Harvard College on July 1, 2014, having been elected by the Corporation with the consent of the Board of Overseers, in accordance with the University’s charter.

Who's suggesting that there is not a Harvard College within Harvard University ?

In any case:

Who's suggesting that there is not a Harvard College within Harvard University ?

You. You wrote, "No one has EVER used Harvard "college."

• Like 1

You can trust them, that is not the issue.

They are true to themselves, and dont make any mistake, they can be true to you.

Just dont expect them to be able to become something they are not, and you will be fine.

Marrying them, up to you, down to me,

no chance and, its probably not what they want anyway,

there are things you will not want to know, but they can be very good friends and maybe, lovers.

I am on the fence there

• Like 1

In 1988, Deng was sponsored by an American family for a student visa. She attended Cal State Northridge for economics and completed her master's degree in business at the Yale School of Management, where she currently serves on the board of advisors. Jake and Joyce Cherry sponsoring her student visa (Jake leaving his wife and children later became Deng's first husband). Wendi was 30 years younger than Jake. They divorced because Wendi was involved with a younger man. Then she found Rupert.

I figured that there was something about this lady protesting w-a-a-a-ay too muts when Wendi-bags executed that fervently publicized defensive lunge to protect poor Roopy Dupe at the hearings.

Roopy-Dupe's kids must feel the same as the expectant hires and offspring of many a May/December Thai liaison.

I know of one family in particular who will be chowing down on dust-burgers upon the death of the family's patriarch.

Anyway, (back to Wendi-bags and Roopy-dupe) . . . . . . who do you think is going to "win" that one.

It's been a-a-awful quiet back there considering the family business.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Sorry guys, no grammar Nazi here. I use lots of colloquialisms. But there are certain basic minimum standards needed to maintain clarity. Even the scriptwriters in "justified" have the lads using the past conditional indicative and the various subjunctive moods so that narratives can unfold clearly.

Now whether others (those worth convincing) listen to them or are convinced . . . . . . well, that's an entirely different matter.

One should never start a sentence with the word .But

I would normally have ignored it although as you say "there are certain basic minimum standards needed to maintain clarity"........

If you want to hold others accountable for grammatical errors perhaps you should get all your ducks in a row first .....? smile.png

(Really !)

Sorry guys, no grammar Nazi here. I use lots of colloquialisms. But there are certain basic minimum standards needed to maintain clarity.

Even the scriptwriters in "Justified" have the lads using the past conditional indicative and the various subjunctive moods so that narratives can unfold clearly.

And, Wym, lots of people speak unclearly, it's a matter of personal preference to had the fact that they have no argument or facts to support their assertions.

I would normally have ignored it although as you say "there are certain basic minimum standards needed to maintain clarity"........

If you want to hold others accountable for grammatical errors perhaps you should get all your ducks in a row first .....? smile.png

Oh good, a style Nazi (rather than a grammar Nazi)

Stylistic choices are one thing ignorance of English language tenses and moods is quite another.

I don't expect anyone as desperate as you are for a tedious "pot-kettle" riposte to be capable of this distinction.

While the simplistic, jejune pot-kettle thingie IS a standard Thai Visa debating tactic it remains heavily dependant on ignorance, shallow depth of field and a pitifully narrow interpretation of the opponents position.

(cough ;-)

Edited by Donnie Brasco

Oh good, a style Nazi

Stylistic choices are one thing ignorance of English language tenses and moods are quite another.

I don't expect anyone as desperate as you are for a riposte to be capable of this distinction.

waffle waffle waffle ,what ? waffle waffle some more

maybe you should just ......fuggedabowdit

Oh good, a style Nazi

Stylistic choices are one thing ignorance of English language tenses and moods are quite another.

I don't expect anyone as desperate as you are for a riposte to be capable of this distinction.

Donnie I am getting the feeling you are announcing a stock car race,

and, <deleted> is about the yellow pages?

another hour or so, and it is sun up here, I may as well go to the ocean for the sunrise

Oh good, a style Nazi

Within a week before the States now....and you're talking "Waffles". Okay Blueberry Waffles with real maple syrup.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I figured that there was something about this lady protesting w-a-a-a-ay too muts when Wendi-bags executed that fervently publicized defensive lunge to protect poor Roopy Dupe at the hearings.

Roopy-Dupe's kids must feel the same as the expectant hires and offspring of many a May/December Thai liaison.

I know of one family in particular who will be chowing down on dust-burgers upon the death of the family's patriarch.

Anyway, (back to Wendi-bags and Roopy-dupe) . . . . . . who do you think is going to "win" that one.

It's been a-a-awful quiet back there considering the family business.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Deng, who is 44, carried a black and white leopard bag with a silver mesh shoulder strap and her black hair was wavy. She won. They divorced last year.

• Like 1

I love Stevie ray. But have to go with a warm Thai lady and day or night of the week. As for beaches sitting in bar on sandin hua hhin. Has white sand like AU.

Scarpolo your just jealous about fact it is epic journey from fort laudadale. From AU ITS nine hour non stop flight. Not that I go back except for tax time.

Oh good, a style Nazi

A-a-a-a-aha, speedtipler.

So someone who points out to you that you're in over your head and hands you your own spew is waffling, then ???

(Mixed metaphor BTW)

Lemme guess, that's a TV literary fail, right.

@ Scarpolo

You mentioned withdrawal.

So, yeah. Yellow Pages.

Or a trip to your local Korean barber shop.

• Like 1

(Really !)

Sorry guys, no grammar Nazi here. I use lots of colloquialisms. But there are certain basic minimum standards needed to maintain clarity.

Even the scriptwriters in "Justified" have the lads using the past conditional indicative and the various subjunctive moods so that narratives can unfold clearly.

And, Wym, lots of people speak unclearly, it's a matter of personal preference to had the fact that they have no argument or facts to support their assertions.

Stylistic choices are one thing ignorance of English language tenses and moods is quite another.

I don't expect anyone as desperate as you are for a tedious "pot-kettle" riposte to be capable of this distinction.

While the simplistic, jejune pot-kettle thingie IS a standard Thai Visa debating tactic it remains heavily dependant on ignorance, shallow depth of field and a pitifully narrow interpretation of the opponents position.

(cough ;-)

You had to edit your post to get a bit more in ?

Too much to mentally chew on the first time eh ? :D

Why dont you just accept your a bonehead and fuggedabowdit ,pray save cause yourself any further embarrassment...... :)

I love Stevie ray. But have to go with a warm Thai lady and day or night of the week. As for beaches sitting in bar on sandin hua hhin. Has white sand like AU.

Scarpolo your just jealous about fact it is epic journey from fort laudadale. From AU ITS nine hour non stop flight. Not that I go back except for tax time.

Hua Hin as in Cha Am, or something, on the other side of the water from Pattaya?

Is that where I needed to be?

(Really !)

(cough ;-)

You had to edit your post to get a bit more in ?

Too much to mentally chew on the first time eh ? :D

Why dont you just accept your a bonehead and fuggedabowdit ,pray save cause yourself any further embarrassment...... :)

And I'll throw in a grammar edit as well.

It's "you're a bonehead" speedtripler. Not "your a bonehead"

So now a clarity edit is an issue for you ?

Really REALLY desperate arncha. ;- ))))

Edited by Donnie Brasco