Thai Passport issuance in BKK

Haven't been keeping up with it all, but starting to think I need to get my daugher her passport.

Has anyone got any recent experience with getting the passport while the PDRC idiots are still blockading Chaeng Wattana?

I know there is an only queue system, but can you just still turn up?

Is the Queen Sirakit centre still doing them? Anywhere else?

Esplanade, “G” Floor on Ratchadapisek is the new temporary office and you can also use the two other regular passport offices in BKK at Pinklao and Bangna. Last two no online booking, Esplanada online booking only.

Not sure about Esplanade, check http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/news/1341/44209-ประกาศกรมการกงสุล-เรื่องการย้ายที่ทาการของกองตรวจล.html

This for regular passport services: http://www.consular.go.th/main/contents/files/news-20140321-101711-219149.pdf

Passport Office at Central BangNa 5th floor. Took two kids there early March and got a que number the first day. Had to go back the next day and it took from 10 Am until 3 PM to get the passport applications done. New passports arrived 6 days later.

About Esplanade:

The office is in the "Esplanade Ratchadapisek" Shopping Center at Ratchadapisek Road,
Near MRT "Thailand Cultural Center":
The Esplanade (Bangkok) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Coordinates:
(13.766667, 100.569722)
http://goo.gl/maps/cnzfh
Street View:
http://goo.gl/maps/iiCpY

Looks like this:
esp-rcd-1.jpg?999928

And according to the official website only with appointment by internet.

Edited by KhunBENQ

• 3 weeks later...

Esplanade, “G” Floor on Ratchadapisek is the new temporary office and you can also use the two other regular passport offices in BKK at Pinklao and Bangna. Last two no online booking, Esplanada online booking only.

Not sure about Esplanade, check http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/news/1341/44209-ประกาศกรมการกงสุล-เรื่องการย้ายที่ทาการของกองตรวจล.html

This for regular passport services: http://www.consular.go.th/main/contents/files/news-20140321-101711-219149.pdf

Does anyone have a link to the actual online booking section of the website for Esplanade?

Edit: Think I found it... if this is the one?

http://www.ufida.co.th/booking.htm

Cheers

Fletch smile.png

Edited by fletchsmile

We've got a booking for number 3 on Thursday using the online booking system.

It was terrible up until about the week before songkran and all of a sudden there were lots of spots available. Me thinks people were trying to get passports for the songkran break but that queue has now shortened considerably.

We tried the online system yesterday evening but all dates and times were full. It only does the next 5 days.

Tried again at 6.30 am this morning and the new fifth day on 30 April had places so the wife signed up for her and one daughter.

She went to Bang Na yesterday in person before 9 am but couldnt get it done. Queues too long. Not convenient either if you have young kids. So this online is a good option but fills up quick. So best to try earli in a morning for the new 5th day.

Cheers

Fletch :)

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by fletchsmile

Also need to get the kids passports renewed... So has anyone gone through appointment system at Esplanade? Heard Pinkhlao and Bangna are nightmare and Long wait times ... Is Esplanade better?

If you have an appointment is is quick in and out? Or still a long day to finish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also need to get the kids passports renewed... So has anyone gone through appointment system at Esplanade? Heard Pinkhlao and Bangna are nightmare and Long wait times ... Is Esplanade better?

If you have an appointment is is quick in and out? Or still a long day to finish?

Did it Thursday last week via the online queing system. Booked just before the Songkran break when there seemed to be lots of slots opened up.

It turned out fairly well. One thing we missed was to turn up 30 mins before your alloted time as they start checking your documents then. But we were just 'on time' but that was fine and they processed us through.

There is an intial queue where they check your documents, and give you the three line 'application' form to fill in. Make sure both parents are there at that point (my wife went off for coffee and we had to wait till she came back). The second where they issue you an actual queue number after taking the application and then off to the computers to get the picture taken after a short wait.

All up we were in and out in 30 mins.

There was one hitch, for me. Being an overseas born Thai they wanted to know how I got Thai citizenship to be able to pass it down to my children. I had a copy of my Thai BC issued by Canberra and that was that.

Friendly and efficient. You are in a modern mall so you can go have a coffee afterwards.

Edited by samran

Perfect and thanks for the info Smaran.. With kids only 4 and 6 a whole day ordeal would be a complete nightmare

Will do the online booking route

One thing that is a nightmare is the traffic around that section of ratchada. I'm talking 1 hr to go 2km. Get the underground if at all possible. It is only a short walk. Cultural centre is the nearest stop, but don't quote me on that. Don't rely on google maps either for the location. It has it 2km away from where it actually is.

Yeah, I know it can be really bad traffic, but I'm living out in Lat Krabang and kids are only 4 & 6....

Is be better off taking the car and popping in a movie and let the kids watch it while we are stuck in traffic, but will definitely need to leave with plenty of time before the appointment

• Like 1

All full through the 8th... Guess will just need to come back daily until an appointment opens up... Luckily have plenty of time

Maybe fletches advice of first thing in the morning might work...

Went this morning. A few notes:

Wasnt expecting to have to go myself. I had signed a copy of my passport and a Power of Attorny. I assumed one parent would be enough as my wife was doing same times as 5 yr old. I was working and also have to sort my visa this Fri so with Thu a holiday pushed for time this week.

Wrong assumption. I had to go in person with passport. So after a call from the wife back to our condo to pick it up and on to the passport office.

Bad traffic both directions but luckily a good taxi driver who waited while I went to get my passport and knew where he was going. Nice work and tip for him.

Appointment was 11am. My wife was an hour early. They started checking the docs early. I arrived 11.15 am and they were understanding so I guess reasonable on timing if you get held up. Wife was early I was late.

To CWM. Yes look early in the morning and register for the new last day of 5 as it fills up quick. 4 previous days were full. Not sure why as didnt seem busy.

3rd floor easy to find. Above Starbucks. Sun watanatham MRT is closest. Phra ram 9 just under 1km away. So between the 2 MRTs

Good service. Friendly. Took about 15 mins after I arrived. Didnt look busy

I asked what happened if I was out of the country or couldnt come. They said need a letter from the embassy.

All I had to do was present my passport in person and sign a couple of forms as father.

Next step get my extension of stay Friday. Then a new 5 year visa in my wife s new passport sometime after then a multi re-entry for me in about a month.....

Cheers

Edited by fletchsmile

Thanks Fletch.. I took this advice at took a look at 2am last night (nature. Called) and was happy to see plenty of slots in every time slot

Only issue, this is for 12 may and I have to go to HKG for a business trip from 11-18th

So will use this trick to get a slot when I get back in country

Also notice on the form it asks for first and last name, so does this mean need to make separate appointment ?

As have 2 kids and the wife that all need to renew their passports... So understand that I would need to ensure at least 3 slots left and then book 3 separate times... One for each person, correct?

Thanks Fletch.. I took this advice at took a look at 2am last night (nature. Called) and was happy to see plenty of slots in every time slot

Only issue, this is for 12 may and I have to go to HKG for a business trip from 11-18th

Also notice on the form it asks for first and last name, so does this mean need to make separate appointment ?

As have 2 kids and the wife that all need to renew their passports... So understand that I would need to ensure at least 3 slots left and then book 3 separate times... One for each person, correct?

Yep, both parents have to be there. As said, my wife was downstairs for a coffee, but they wouldn't start checking the documents till we were both physically there.

To answer the questoin on the three slots. Try and get them, but when I was there, a mother asked if she could do he child at the same time. They looked to check it wasn't too busy and then said it was okay. So it might be a bit hit and miss, but if you want to give that a shot should the slots not line up, then give it a whirl. It probably will work.

Yes my wife booked two slots. One for her one for daughter as they require the ID number of each person. For daughter as she doesnt have an ID card they used the tabian bahn as that has her ID in it.

Also need mum ID card. Your passport. Original birth certs in addition to house book. They take photos.

Yes looks like you need an early morning after HK to book 3 slots and go in person.

Cheers

Yep, both parents have to be there. As said, my wife was downstairs for a coffee, but they wouldn't start checking the documents till we were both physically there.

To answer the questoin on the three slots. Try and get them, but when I was there, a mother asked if she could do he child at the same time. They looked to check it wasn't too busy and then said it was okay. So it might be a bit hit and miss, but if you want to give that a shot should the slots not line up, then give it a whirl. It probably will work.

Best to get 3 slots by getting up early.

As Samran says my impression would be they would be flexible and accommodating. Particularly if you are also polite and friendly as they are.

If you couldnt get 3 exactly the same time they would probably add another.

Rather thank book just 1 or 2 and hope though, better would be to book 3 slots as close as possible. At least then they are just moving the times around and can still stick to the quota for the day.

Cheers