Pattaya To Construct 5 Overpasses To Reduce Traffic Congestion

Rimmer

Pattaya To Construct 5 Overpasses To Reduce Traffic Congestion

212.jpg

Pattaya is going to construct 5 overpasses across 5 local roads because of traffic congestion at rush hour times.

The mayor of Pattaya revealed that the overpasses are to be constructed at 5 intersections which cross the railway line.

PATTAYA – April 3,2014 [PDN]; Mr.Itthipon Khunpleum-the mayor of Pattaya- revealed that the local roads(the road that is alongside the railway) are always congested around rush hour because people from Nongprue,Nong Plalai, Huay yai use this route to get to Pattaya to work in the morning and to travel back home in the evening.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/2014/04/05/pattay-to-construct-5-overpasses-to-reduce-traffic-congestion/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-04-05

How will this benefit the people that live in the area ? surely the same amount of vehicles will be trying to use the same roads and overpass U turns (what ever they are) will only aid those who are using the bypass to avoid sukhumvit road.

First thing they need to do is police the buses and trucks that are not supposed to be on the bypass to start with.

If this goes ahead I'll be looking to move as the clusterfcuk will be 10fold worse whilst construction is happening.

Someone please explain to me what they mean by a U-turn overpass ?

making plans to construct a U-turn overpass so that drivers can avoid the crossroads

Best would be to give a real world example of one of these " U-turn overpasses"

This ??

res01_attpic_brief.jpg

or

IMG_0646.jpg

Edited by MJCM

This is not going to happen..........or at least not within now and the coming 10 years.

A u-turn overpass is probably..........if you are driving along the bypass and would like to cross the railway line on the right, you have to make a left turn first..........take the first u-turn possibility and cross the railway-lines.

The idea of overpasses should have been implemented from the beginning.....it will cost a small fortune to buy out the land-owners/building -owners at the location of the so called u-turn overpasses.

Upon reading this, I can only imagine that they may or may not accomplish this, ... but in the fashion of regular Thai style productivity and thinking, I can only imagine that the final results will more than capably create more chaos and gridlock that what we now see before us.

Any "reduction of congestion" mentioned is no better than a loud fart in a 5-star restaurant, and that embarrassing moment will suitably be forgotten with the purchase of drinks and bribes all around.

The question is not about making Pattaya into the Garden of Eden: a perfect place... the question is, rather instead, can all these people be placed into an existing Garden of Eden and have that location remain an Eden after even one year of them occupying it?

Five years?

Anyone?

The point being... as long as these people feel entitled and every one of them feels they should have a trophy at the end of each day, and to be patted on the back and told they are Thais, and Thais are perfect, and added to that that they need have no accountability or responsibility, then all the overpasses and 20-lane roads in the world will never ever cause any kind of change in this location which will stir amazement or shock in the minds of more intelligent people.

better if the traffic lights worked and at rush hour the police were there to guide traffic.

Experience has learned us, that if the traffic-lights are active, there are huge congestions from Sukhumvit into the dark-side and as soon as the police is getting involved........the chaos is complete.

But according to Thai (read: Pattaya) planning........the high speed rail-track, the underpass in Sukhumvit and the 5 overpasses along the bypass will be constructed at the same time.

This is not going to happen..........or at least not within now and the coming 10 years.

A u-turn overpass is probably..........if you are driving along the bypass and would like to cross the railway line on the right, you have to make a left turn first..........take the first u-turn possibility and cross the railway-lines.

The idea of overpasses should have been implemented from the beginning.....it will cost a small fortune to buy out the land-owners/building -owners at the location of the so called u-turn overpasses.

Unless things have changed, I thought all the land beside the railway line is on a lease from the SRT...

I've been stuck at these intersections. It sucks and can take 30 minute or more to cover 1 kilometer. So it is a real problem that needs to be addressed. But I fail to see how they will build overpasses with the buildings lining up around the intersections. I do not see the space needed to do it right.

Be far cheaper to actually hire specially trained police to manage the traffic flow and actually TICKET with harsh penalties those who cause gridlock at these intersections. Problem solved within a month and the ongoing costs to keep police there would be far less than the overpasses over a 20 year period. Of course this would require REAL police whose goal is traffic flow and most likely hiring foreign trainers to explain how it's done. So that would be embarrassing.

And, then no one gets to let the contract to a cousin whose construction company miraculously bid 1 baht less than the next best bid.

OK, so let's build overpasses or at least announce them and hope everyone forgets in a year or two.