Couple and son possibly killed over family assets: police

Lite Beer

Couple and son possibly killed over family assets: police
Supachai Petchthewee
The Sunday Nation

Bangkok; -- An ongoing police investigation into the murders of a couple and their police lieutenant son is now focused on a "family conflict over family assets".

The other son, Kittinan Homchong, is suspected of having played a role in the crime.

"It remains inconclusive as to how much he's involved but he has made a partial confession," Metropolitan Police Commissioner Lt-General Camronwit Toopgrajank said yesterday afternoon.

Camronwit denied widespread reports that the 22-year-old suspect had confessed to the killings because he wanted to inherit all his parents' massive wealth and was angry that his parents loved his brother more than him.

"The suspect has just admitted to knowing something about the crime," he said.

Arrest warrants

Camronwit said Kittinan had provided useful information and police expected to obtain court-approved arrest warrants for two suspects very soon.

He refused to say who the suspects are.

"We can't disclose details now because it may affect the ongoing investigation," he said.

He was speaking after he attended a meeting to follow up on the progress of the case.

Colonel Wichai Homchong, a 63-year-old military retiree, his wife Wanida Homchong, a 57-year-old teacher, and their eldest son Lieutenant Tammanat Homchong, a 24-year-old investigator at Taling Chan Police Station, were shot dead at their home in Bangkok's Bang Khae district on April 3.

Camronwit said police were carefully investigating to ensure justice to all sides.

"We're focusing on a family conflict over family assets as the most likely motive but we have not yet ruled out other possibilities," he said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-06

I think you've got the wrong triple homicide there Jim.

Seems the senior police have had long enough to come up with a way for the son to redistribute some of the 'massive wealth' if he is found to be innocent. If they put him in the slammer nobody gets it (well the police certainly don't). I can't be bothered to look as it is futile but as I recall the sons 'partial' confession was pretty much 'yes i did it, I got angry, got jealous and killed my family and tried to make it look like my brother did it'. I wonder what other 'part' the police need to satisfy themselves of in order to apply justice on behalf of the three who were slaughtered?

Welcome to Thailand, where the scales of justice are permanently tilted in your favour depending on the weight of the wadge you possess.

I think you've got the wrong triple homicide there Jim.

Seems the senior police have had long enough to come up with a way for the son to redistribute some of the 'massive wealth' if he is found to be innocent. If they put him in the slammer nobody gets it (well the police certainly don't). I can't be bothered to look as it is futile but as I recall the sons 'partial' confession was pretty much 'yes i did it, I got angry, got jealous and killed my family and tried to make it look like my brother did it'. I wonder what other 'part' the police need to satisfy themselves of in order to apply justice on behalf of the three who were slaughtered?

Welcome to Thailand, where the scales of justice are permanently tilted in your favour depending on the weight of the wadge you possess.

Really? sorry their seems to be a surfeit of them wink.png

Edited by GentlemanJim
  • Like 1

Seems if you have 2 sons in Thailand, and are wealthy, you need to hide all guns about the place. One will kill you, and say you loved the other son more afterwards. How pathetic. Is this a Thai trait now, or a copy cat killing? facepalm.gif

• Like 1

The sad thing is that they are probably going to pin this on 2 other people to satisfy a conviction while they find a way for this lad to get his inheritance and pay for his freedom.

Thailand desperately needs reform and to make sure that the rich are going to prison for their crime regardless of money.

• Like 1

Hub of triple homicides..?

Greed, jealousy, murder for benefit...what else is there in this Thainess? And then we have people who are always defending the Thai Way of doing things...

Hope he gets what he deserves. To think about it, no follow up on the story on the Red Bull heir...he must have been treated with quite a lot of "fairness"...

• Like 1

Been in law enforcement 18 years. Never heard of a "partial confession". Yes officer. I put the bullets in the gun and aimed. But I have no idea who shot them! giggle.gif

I'm pretty sure the son wouldn't have said that at all, and you're just trying,unjustifiably, to take the piss out of the police conducting the investigation, unless you know different of course.

The sad thing is that they are probably going to pin this on 2 other people to satisfy a conviction while they find a way for this lad to get his inheritance and pay for his freedom.

Thailand desperately needs reform and to make sure that the rich are going to prison for their crime regardless of money.

The really sad thing is the amount of spurious speculation that comes from the informed on this forum.

And in the end,this will be swiped under the rug just like the red bull kid was, yes money talks here,VERY LOUDLY.

No it wasn't he still has charges against him.

He sure does have charges against him. Strange that he now drives a Yellow Lambo Diablo.... cheesy.gif

MURDER
Youngest son 'planned murder of parents'

Jessada Jantarak,
Manit Sanubboon
The Nation

30230995-02_big.gif

BANGKOK: -- Police say desire for inheritance motivated 22-year-old to put contract out on parents' lives; older brother also shot dead

The youngest member of a family has been arrested for allegedly masterminding the murders of his parents and his elder brother.

"He [Kittinan Homchong] wants inheritance," Metropolitan Police Commissioner Lt General Camronwit Toopkrajank alleged at a press conference yesterday. The family owns an expensive plot of land in the capital.

Colonel Wichai Homchong, a 63-year-old military retiree, his wife Wanida Homchong, a 57-year-old teacher, and their eldest son Lieutenant Tammanat Homchong, a 24-year-old investigator at Taling Chan Police Station, were shot dead at their home in Bangkok's Bang Khae district on April 3.

Police have wasted no time identifying and arresting suspects. As of yesterday, four of the five identified suspects were in police detention.

Police alleged Kittinan, 22, and his close friend Sakkarin Panthakul, 22, organised contract killings.

According to police, Kittinan and Sakkarin allegedly hired Chalard Tiangtham, 53, Surapong Chuphan, 47, and Sirichai Permpoonsak, 39, to carry out the killings.

Sirichai, a former murder convict, remains on the run.

"We offer a Bt500,000 bounty to any person who can give a useful tip-off leading to his arrest," Camronwit said.

He said Sirichai had just completed his jail term for a previous murder.

He said when tips-off arrived, arresting officers would need to proceed with extra caution because Sirichai had a record of shooting at police to resist arrest.

Chalard, who was present at yesterday's press conference, said Surapong and Sirichai were the gunmen.

"I just drove them to a spot very close to the victims' house, then I waited there till they came back. We left the scene together," Chalard said.

Chalard alleged that had he known Kittinan plotted to kill his own parents, he would have not joined in.

"He told me someone cheated his father and he wanted revenge," Chalard said.

Surapong said he was paid Bt10,000 on April 4 for the murder contract.

Denchai Boonkrapeu, a relative of the victims, showed up at the press conference to listen to the progress of the investigation.

"In fact, I hoped police would bring Kittinan to the press conference. If he has really confessed, I wish to hear it directly from him," Denchai said. He said Kittinan had moved out of his family's house to live with a friend due to his conflict with his father.

"But still, the conflict was not that serious," Denchai said.

He said he would believe Kittinan plotted to kill his parents and his elder brother only when he heard it from his lips.

The funerals for the three victims are being held at the Si Prachantakham Temple in Prachin Buri, the hometown of Wanida and the province where Tammanat grew up.

"In fact, this was a loving and warm family," Wanida's sister Wanpen Boonkrapeu said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-07