Samsung Galaxy Tablet covers a tad pricey?

WorriedNoodle

Just curious if anyone has actually been in a Samsung shop and bought a cover for a Samsung tablet without feeling like they were being royally shafted up the derrière on price?

I was in a shop the other day and asked for 1900THB for what I thought looked like a bit of plastic with some magnetic clip mechanism installed. I saw much the same in the local market for 300THB. I asked the sales person to open the box to check the 1900THB product and found a bit of plastic with some magnetic clip mechanism installed. I asked about price and sales person just shrugged. I did the same shrug and walked out empty handed and I now own a 300THB made in China Sunny cover instead.

I can afford 1900THB but don't see the point. What gives with the ludicrous plastic cover prices one wonders?

Paying for the name, but many copies are made in the same factory in China. Plus you will be paying for the air conditioned shop, andthe myriad of counter staff checking their hair when not texting each othergiggle.gif

• Like 1

The Samsung covers are really nice, are of a very high quality, may offer additional features like auto-turn off, etc. Not sure what the point is, or what the question is, but if the cost/value does not meet your requirements, move on to some of the Non-OEM versions (MoKo, Belkin) or junk from the market. You may be able to find some options at the wholesale market on Sue Pa Road?

I bought a cheap cover for my Tab 10.1 here and it lasted a few months, and was crap. I ended up getting a nice MoKo case (~ 450 baht, but purchased on eBay in the U.S.).

The Samsung covers are really nice, are of a very high quality, may offer additional features like auto-turn off, etc

I assume this is a pss take as the Samsung products are not much different to others a fraction the price - which also do the auto turn off thingie! Yes, there's some crap out there, which you say you have bought (ooops!), but nothing as stupid as paying Samsung prices for one of their covers! Whilst their devices are high end and well priced I cannot see how that can apply to some cover that isn't rocket science?