Posing as deaf foreigners in Pattaya caught on camera

balo

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Next time he does this just take the opening and shove it in your bag and when he comes up just say

DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM ?

Just pocket everything: key chains, begging card whatever he drops on your table. And that's that.

And that would be the time the guy turns out to be genuinely disabled and everyone would have witnessed (and maybe on CCTV) the "horrible farang" throwing the deaf man's things across the room or pocketing them without a donation.

I wouldn't give him any money, but I would rather not even chance screwing around with someone who's disabled even if he's almost certainly a scammer.

I'll never forget the story John Robinson (who had no arms or legs) told:

abc_oncampus_robinson_091124_wn.jpg

Toward the end of his college career, John and two of his friends were waiting in line to exit a nightclub when a woman shouted at him, "If you would just get off your knees this line would move a lot faster!"

What to do then other than find a big hole to crawl in.

I totally disagree. When I am having a meal in a restaurant I expect not to be disturbed by beggars, legit or otherwise...Other locations/events are off limits, too, like funerals, weddings, at the movies, basically anywhere where you expect some privacy. If they invade your privacy they should deal with the consequences. If I am approached in a public place, like walking on the sidewalk, I will react differently. This goes for all beggars, whether individual, institutional, organizational or governmental.

• Like 1

Next time he does this just take the opening and shove it in your bag and when he comes up just say

DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM ?

Or even better when he comes back and asks where it has gone, you can say that you have no idea as you are blind and any donation would be appreciated as you are also collecting for your " charity"!!!

• Like 1

A lot of scum usually washes up on pattaya beaches no news here.

Well this one probably came overland from Phuket via Bangkok!!!!

Or perhaps flew Premium.

Edited by jacko45k

Ask him the time. If he looks at his watch - hey presto. Simple - it worked for me when someone came into the 'nick' I worked in Edinburgh when a guy came in with a handwritten note claiming he was deaf and wanted to sleep in the cell for the night.

• 5 months later...

They're back. Saw them at Big C Extra, Pattaya Klang, yesterday in the food hall.

Thanks for the update, will make sure to take a better picture of them when I see them next time.

They're back. Saw them at Big C Extra, Pattaya Klang, yesterday in the food hall.

Thanks for the update, will make sure to take a better picture of them when I see them next time.

I got a photo of the key chains and card but chickened out taking one of him. He would equal about 3 of little old me.

I've never had this happen to me though there is this deaf guy (so he says) who hangs around 2nd rd (pattaya klang end) who bugs the shit out of me everytime i walk by him, asking for 100b.

I've never given him money because i saw a TG shout out to him one time & he turned around.....i walked by him laughing my ass off! laugh.png.pagespeed.ce.SDkxrRteka.png

Edited by Felixthecat

I've never had this happen to me though there is this deaf guy (so he says) who hangs around 2nd rd (pattaya klang end) who bugs the shit out of me everytime i walk by him, asking for 100b.

I've never given him money because i saw a TG shout out to him one time & he turned around.....i walked by him laughing my ass off! laugh.png.pagespeed.ce.SDkxrRteka.png

Interesting, is it a white guy ? Could be the same one running this scam.

I totally disagree. When I am having a meal in a restaurant I expect not to be disturbed by beggars, legit or otherwise...

I am the same. I refuse to give them anything under those circumstances and I will show my anger if I say no once and they won't go away. Luckily, it does not happen much in Thailand.

He's back in Big C Extra, Pattaya Klang, today around 1pm. He didn't put anything on my table this time but did to plenty of others. He's tall over 6ft. Close cropped beard, thirty something I'd guess but I'm not too good at that. Brown hair. Saw him get money from one Thai man, Baht 100 for 2 key chains.

Went upstairs to customer service. Lady on counter called an assistant manager to come talk to me. I informed him what I had just witnessed downstairs. He understood very quickly what I was saying and said "thank you Sir, I'll sort him out." He then instructed the lady to call security and (here I'm not so sure) 'eject him' I think he said.

Interesting, is it a white guy ? Could be the same one running this scam.

No he's an older short Thai guy.....when i'm next in town i'll definitely take a pix of him.

• 3 weeks later...

Although it's "mine" I think the reactions and facial expressions are priceless.

Years ago my brother was telling me he'd met some super hot deaf chick in a bar & was going on & on how well she danced.

How could she dance so well if she couldn't hear the music?

Should've seen the look on his face!

Although it's "mine" I think the reactions and facial expressions are priceless.

Years ago my brother was telling me he'd met some super hot deaf chick in a bar & was going on & on how well she danced.

How could she dance so well if she couldn't hear the music?

Should've seen the look on his face!

I probably met the same girl years ago too, I got the impression she could feel the beat