Game of Thrones with Thai/English subs

SoloFlyer

Thai trackers have the previous three seasons, presumably from DVDs, so Thai, and even English subs (OCR/SRT).

Not sure how you'll get on with the S04E01 on-wards without waiting a bit? Not sure when it may be shown here on HBO, hence with Thai subs? Or where you can get English subs as the show is of course broadcast with an English soundtrack.

Try open subtitles dot org and addic7ed dot com

Thai subs are really hard to find and when you do find them they are normally horrendous

( bad sync bad translations lots missing )

there is a program called filebot that can help find /download subtitles

it also does renaming so all files play nice in a media center ( XBMC )

Edited by johng
  • Like 1

It looks like Season 4 premiers here on HBO/Thailand on Sunday, April 13, 2014, with (presumably Thai subs), so expect local trackers to have it within a day or two?

Again, many Thai trackers have the first three seasons, with real/honest/original/good Thai subs (from the broadcast or DVD).

It looks like Season 4 premiers here on HBO/Thailand on Sunday, April 13, 2014, with (presumably Thai subs), so expect local trackers to have it within a day or two?

Because of the crazed prudishness of HBO in Thailand (and Asia generally), this version is likely to be heavily edited. If a sub file is produced from this version, it won't sync with the version on western trackers, since this has been capped from HBO in the US (unless someone re-syncs it and adds the missing bits, which is a pretty big job).

You could of course watch the crappy edited version if you're so inclined.

Edit: Just noticed you're also looking for versions with English subs. There are a couple around. You can PM for specifics if you're interested.

Edited by MKAsok

I have no experience with HBO Thailand/Asia editing of shows, but the first three seasons on Thai trackers are original, unedited with (I am informed) decent Thai subs. I am not sure if these came from broadcast rips or DVDs.

I'll try to remember to scan S04E01 when it is broadcast next week to see how it compares with U.S. domestic version (which I have but have not yet watched).

There are Eng and Thai subs for Game of Thrones on www.subscene.com.

Subs for S04E01 are already there.

I'm guessing those are English subs?

Edited by lomatopo

On my Thai tracker there are dozens of rips of all kinds: 1080P/DTS, HDTV, hard codes, VOBs, DVD ISOs.

FWIW, S04E01 did just get posted a few hours ago: Game of Thrones Season 4 Episode 1 "Two Swords" Soundtrack[EN]-Subtitle[EN,TH]

I'll take a look at it.

edited to add: Looks awesome, 720p, hard-coded Thai subs - not sure how good they are - looks the same as U.S. version (fast scan).

post-9615-0-00002400-1396937696_thumb.jp

Edited by lomatopo

The hall monitors among us can take this comment on and do as they wish, of course but:

I have had detailed conversations with mid-level officers in Thailand's police community, the broadcasting regulatory bodies, the national intelligence communities, the SEC and high officials in various other government agencies. "Acquire" but do not sell" wads the consensus.

They ALL attest to the notion that for a Thai whose English is "thresholding" at the "meta" level next to a romantic hookup with an educated English speaking partner for LEARNING ENGLISH there is NOTHING that quite compares to an accurately ENGLISH subtitled AMERICAN series.

I recommend G of T, Elementary, (shameless US ) Scandal, House of Cards (both UK & US version) The Good Wife, Justified, Suits, Mad Men, Orange is the New Black, The Blacklist, True Detective, Last Man Standing, Louis, Derek and The Simpsons if you can get subtitles.

There's scads of 'em.

Just go to your local distributor (legal of course ) and make yourself a list.

For all the idiots out there, Twilight, Walking Dead and, um, "Top Git" ;-)

And no one has suggested that there would be ANY repercussions for single user "acquisition" and that they all (in fact) did it on a regular basis, with "technique" and means being only the basis of nerd chat.

And far as the US objection to "questionable user acquisitions" . . . . . . . as they say "This thing goes right to the top ;-)"

"Sometimes, 'fuggedabowdit' just means fuggedabowdit. . . . "

Edited by Donnie Brasco

More talk about illegal downloading.

Sent from my SM-P901 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You're like a dog with a bone.

Give it a rest.

And you're the one taking the bone ...lol.

Sent from my SM-P901 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have no experience with HBO Thailand/Asia editing of shows, but the first three seasons on Thai trackers are original, unedited with (I am informed) decent Thai subs. I am not sure if these came from broadcast rips or DVDs.

I'll try to remember to scan S04E01 when it is broadcast next week to see how it compares with U.S. domestic version (which I have but have not yet watched).

There are Eng and Thai subs for Game of Thrones on www.subscene.com.

Subs for S04E01 are already there.

I'm guessing those are English subs?

They have Thai subs for S04E01 on subscene.

I find it hard to believe they would show all the nudity on HBO Thailand, the violence yeah their ok with that

but cigarettes, bottles of booze and wobbly bits blured out <deleted> ??

This is way harder than it should be.. Thanks guys for the links and recommendations. I can now find subs but they aren't encoded into the main file ... you have to add to the main mkv file yourself ... and then they are far from nicely synced... although some are pretty close ... but thats using vlc on a mac to add the sub to the main file ... I just wanna throw that bundle onto a handy drive to whack into the TV ... but that aint gonna work.

Is the easiest way really to wait till they're available in Mai Sai or Sukhumvit??

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

How are you going to watch it online if you can't download it ? They are one and the same thing.

I can watch video streams. I do already with YouTube.

I can't download cos i use an air-card. I can't get real internet where i am.

If you can watch video streams then you can download them too. Watching and downloading are one and the same thing,except when watching the data is downloaded pieces at a time displayed and then discarded whereas downloads are fully kept for latter viewing.