Kittiratt to explain Thai political scene through World Bank-IMF meeting

webfact

I am quite sure that the WB and IMF are just having this meeting as a courtesy. I doubt they have any genuine interest in any information from a finance minister from an insignificant 3rd world country who not only admits to be a habitual liar, but also has admitted that despite the vast resources at his disposal, after 2+ years he is not capable of providing a balance sheet for some of the country's main expenses, such as the rice scam.

In all likelyhood the WB and IMF will politely listen to what Mr. Kittiratt has to say, shake his hand, say thanks, and then simply forget that the meeting ever took place. They have their own number crunchers, who can give them the information they need, and who are clearly much more skilled than anyone at the Thai finance ministry.

I do hope though, that Mr. Kittiratt will stick to discussing financial issues, and not embarass himself and Thailand any further by moaning and complaining about the PDRC, the biased courts, the uncooperative Thai banks etc. to the WB/IMF - they do not care, and would likely simply find Mr. Kittiratt pathetic.

The latest IMF and World bank estimated, published figures on the loss for the rice program is in excess of 28 billion dollars. Kittyrat neglects to mention this little release of ''top national security'' leak/disclosure. I wonder if the soundness of his financial plans for the country may be a topic of discussion. As far as his not being invited to testify by the watchdog agency, he was/is on the defense list of witnesses.

He is also on public record as saying ''I will retun if officallky requested'', this is a overused cop out for this governments abinet not to attend legal hearing that they seem to feel is beneath their ''Shin given station''

Perjury is a tough fight and the legal system, even in Thailand, may classify a little white lie, while under oath, as perjury. It considered dangerous to put a pathological liar in a position of having to field questions without a script to follow and read from.

"Mr Kittiratt said he has yet to receive an official letter of summons from the NACC and that he could not miss the the April 9-12 World Bank group meeting in Washington. "

Liar

This could be one of those very rare moments that he is not lying.

It is most likely the NACC did not issue a summons, or would be required to. Why would they?

His presents is for the purpose to defend Yingluck, the NACC could care less if he shows or not.

You are right of course.

He is supposed to be a defense witness for Yingluck so surely it must be in her and her lawyers interest to ensure that their defense witnesses turn up.

It is not the place of the NACC to summons defense witness it is the place of the defendant .

If she and her lawyers don't deem it important enough to make sure someone turns up who they think has important information that can help her, then be it on their heads.

I am sure the NACC will be quite happy to proceed without having to listen to Kittiratt.

• Like 1

"Mr Kittiratt said he has yet to receive an official letter of summons from the NACC and that he could not miss the the April 9-12 World Bank group meeting in Washington. "

Liar

This could be one of those very rare moments that he is not lying.

It is most likely the NACC did not issue a summons, or would be required to. Why would they?

His presents is for the purpose to defend Yingluck, the NACC could care less if he shows or not.

You are right of course.

He is supposed to be a defense witness for Yingluck so surely it must be in her and her lawyers interest to ensure that their defense witnesses turn up.

It is not the place of the NACC to summons defense witness it is the place of the defendant .

If she and her lawyers don't deem it important enough to make sure someone turns up who they think has important information that can help her, then be it on their heads.

I am sure the NACC will be quite happy to proceed without having to listen to Kittiratt.

If "Mr white lies" would not have waited to the last hour to mention he would be unavailable, the NACC would have made arrangements to take his testimony prior to him leaving.

Edited by dcutman

The only communication there needs to be with the world bank and the IMF is to ask them to have a team of international auditors ready to step in and do a full audit of the countries finances once an interim Govt is in place.

He must be very brave or very stupid.

from the OP

"He is scheduled to meet with economic executives of the World Bank and IMF to explain the status of Thailand’s economy including the national reserves, measures to reduce the controllable budget deficit and maintaining a low-level public debt.

Thailand’s Bt5.4 trillion debt burden, when compared with its Bt12 trillion gross domestic product (GDP), is at 47 per cent of GDP while the debt ceiling is at 60 per cent.'

You can be sure that the adviser to the participants would know of the attempt to borrow Bt2.2 trillion for the "essential infrastructure projects".adding this amount to the existing Bt5.4 we get Bt7.6 trillion so the proposed debt burden to GDP becomes about 63.33%, in other word above the debt ceiling of 60%.

All kinds of special, 55

Kittiratt - who manages to remain wet in more ways than one - even outside of Songkran - is managing to do a number of effective things this week. He manages to continue the Pheu Thai fiction that the debt is manageable ( ! ), that the budget is under control ( ! ), that he's an acting cabinet minister ( ! ), and he gets to dodge being a witness at the NACC hearings this week - testimony that Pheu Thai had absolutely insisted that the NACC just had to hear. And last but not least, by so doing manages to successfully enact Pheu Thai's ongoing strategy of keeping the NACC investigation in a state of permanent limbo. A busy boy indeed.

They should instruct him to give his testimony by Skype if he doesn't want to come back in time, surely all PT cabinet should be experts in its use after 3 years of using it to receive instructions from the boss....?

Mr. White Lies, in action.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It wasn't a white lie it was a LIE!!!

You're absolutly right sir, noting but a big fat lie. I stand corrected.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app