My gf will not stop wearing 'Ugly Old Issan Clothing' UOIC

ghworker2010

who cares what she wears and what's it to you?

my wife dresses terribly, but if i told her what to wear she would hit me and tell me it's none of my business.

get a dog and dress up the dog. or get a barbie doll...

• Like 2

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The OP described my Thai wife in all her glory. When we first got together I thought, "she'll change after being with me for a while". Well, after three years of marriage it ain't happening. I've also suggested some smart looking outfits when we're at the mall and her comment was, "Oh yes, that would look nice in my closet!" My take on this is, if she's comfortable and happy with the way she dresses, that's fine with me. She is everything I could have hoped for regardless of her choice of wardrobe which by the way, is always clean and pressed. Like an earlier commenter said, "There's a LOT worse things you could have to worry about!"

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I learned that Thai traditional women believes that some western fashion may be OK for bar girls, and to use it not only makes them look very "bad', is not respectful to the BF or husband. What that means? Be grateful for her attitude. I had the same "problem" with my wife, but the nny part of my history with her is that her way to dress, very conservative, when we met the first time, makes me feel very good about her. After we got married, I did the same mistake you are doing. Buying clothing for her that she was not using. It was a waste of money some times, and make me upset. Again I learned that Thai women will accept any gift and never will say that its do not like it. Until I found out a better way. Every time women on TV or a magazine dress something I like for her, I comment about and look at her reaction. After one year of marriage I learned what my wife likes that I like, and she will use it, and just I give her the money to buy it. Slowly she is changing, but I never will get her wearing a mini skirt and make me proud showing her legs when we go out.

No way......

Again...takes time, and a lot of learning and negotiation to westernize a "decent" Thai woman. Be proud of her, and do not force anything.....

School girls adopted mini skirts pretty well, pretty quickly....

My missus must not be very decent...she also adopted quite well back home and even here.....god I still remember that $300 red leather outfit.

• Like 1

Replace them. I just take my wife shopping. I tell her to pick out a dress at least a couple times a month at the market, not the mall.She used to wear my damn flannel shirts and Isaan clothes when in the US. I told her they were a form of birth control and threw them away.

A control issue? Maybe. But she controls your mating behavior, right? Relationships are trade offs on each other's control and responsibility.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I learned that Thai traditional women believes that some western fashion may be OK for bar girls, and to use it not only makes them look very "bad', is not respectful to the BF or husband. What that means? Be grateful for her attitude. I had the same "problem" with my wife, but the nny part of my history with her is that her way to dress, very conservative, when we met the first time, makes me feel very good about her. After we got married, I did the same mistake you are doing. Buying clothing for her that she was not using. It was a waste of money some times, and make me upset. Again I learned that Thai women will accept any gift and never will say that its do not like it. Until I found out a better way. Every time women on TV or a magazine dress something I like for her, I comment about and look at her reaction. After one year of marriage I learned what my wife likes that I like, and she will use it, and just I give her the money to buy it. Slowly she is changing, but I never will get her wearing a mini skirt and make me proud showing her legs when we go out.

No way......

Again...takes time, and a lot of learning and negotiation to westernize a "decent" Thai woman. Be proud of her, and do not force anything.....

School girls adopted mini skirts pretty well, pretty quickly....

My missus must not be very decent...she also adopted quite well back home and even here.....god I still remember that $300 red leather outfit.

I am pretty sure that most women will take anything off that she is contemplating wearing, if you give her a funny look and ask,

"are you really going to wear that?"

unless there is zero fashion sense, if you think she doesnt look good, she wont wear it 90% of the time,

I watched the girl I was with change 5 times before we went out to dinner, until she was 100% that she was comfortable and felt she looked good,

they also depend on us for input, and if you asked them, they usually tell you, they are dressing, for us

Edited by Scarpolo

Because it was totally unnecessary -- for you to make your point whatever it was -- to mention your net worth and your asset manager if you actually have them.

Only in your small and jealouse mind!

I cannot really respond as it appears your original post has been deleted but I can see someone saying: But Mom -- Unless I first tell 'em how much money I have, maybe the other kids won't believe me.

Grab the lot, tear them into shreds and use them to clean your motorcycle. Give her a hearty " hello darling" and carry on whistling when she sees you doing it.

And then duck and cover your nuts.m

This maybe a good thing,is she is hot,you don't want her looking even hotter, then you will having every man chasing herwai2.gif

clothes dont make the girl, its an accessorie. if girl is hot guys will KNOW...............lol. i suspect op is misleading on girls attractiveness.

ps....i dont think a lot of guys chase isan girls anyways....only farangs...................lol.

Edited by choochoo

My gf is from middle class family, highly educated and earns good money.

Its one of those awkward things when you meet an attractive girl that doesn't quite wear the nice / stylish clothes that you would like to see her in.

I've been subtle and have even purchased her new clothes but she continues to wear the 10 to 20 year old UOIC. I believe that control is the opposite to love and don't want to tell her what to do.

I suspect sometimes it might be just to wind me up but she continues to wear unfashionable clothing in my presence. If we were walking side by side in a Western country people would look at her with sympathy.... thinking that she buys her wardrobe from the local charity shop. Thats how bad it is sometimes.

Does anyone else have this problem. What is the solution?

I have the same problem but with my wife's underwear. Not very stylish and not always spotless clean. Does anybody have this problem. What is the solution?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

So now we're talking about MY ego when you're the one who felt the need to declare his net worth. At any rate, here's why I came back on here before I was distracted by today's version of Donald Trump:

T-shirts and short jeans Thai style:

tangmo_pattaratida_gorgeous_and_sexy_tha

Could I have the girl's phone number please?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

this thread has gone too long without some visual assistance

OP!

when the wife is out, grab some photos of the offensive garmets and take some photos

my girl send me photos of herself and I pften find myself staring at her outfit, wondering &lt;deleted&gt;, flowery things, etc., but after looking back on them, I have to admit, she makes them look awesome.

you may missing the flowers because of the trees