need Rinatec nasel spray Bangkok/Korat

padsterj

Hi could anyone point me in the direction of where to get rinatec its a nasel spray i have to use do to many years in the fight game which has destroyed my nose which constantly runs without the spray, I have been to so many different phama stores with no luck.I have officially ran out today so need it asp cheers.

Unfortunately not available in Thailand.

There are some drugs here which contain the same active ingrediant - Ipratropium - but all of them combine it with either fenoterol or salbutamol (asthma drugs), not what you need.

I'm afraid the best advise I can give is to consult an ENT here, explain your history and see which of the various meds available here he suggests. Dr. Songklot at St. Louis Hospital is very good, trained in the US. Sundays 9 Am - 4 Pm and Thursdays 3 - 7 PM. http://www.saintlouis.or.th/clinic/doctor.php?dr_id=272

There are some drugs here which contain the same active ingrediant - Ipratropium - but all of them combine it with either fenoterol or salbutamol (asthma drugs), not what you need.

I'm afraid the best advise I can give is to consult an ENT here, explain your history and see which of the various meds available here he suggests. Dr. Songklot at St. Louis Hospital is very good, trained in the US. Sundays 9 Am - 4 Pm and Thursdays 3 - 7 PM. http://www.saintlouis.or.th/clinic/doctor.php?dr_id=272

thanks for the reply but there is no point in going back to hospital to be told what i already know in not wasting money finding out old news, could you give me a link to show rinatec isn't available here ? Hard to find i believe but this is the only product that stops running noses with all the mauy thai fighters here i cant belei e none have them suffer from my problem.thanks for the reply but i need the product not a new diagnosis.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

thanks for the reply but there is no point in going back to hospital to be told what i already know in not wasting money finding out old news, could you give me a link to show rinatec isn't available here ? Hard to find i believe but this is the only product that stops running noses with all the mauy thai fighters here i cant belei e none have them suffer from my problem.thanks for the reply but i need the product not a new diagnosis.

Look for yourself here !

https://www.mims.com/Thailand

It will be necessary to register an account.

Or go to any pharmacy and ask to look at their hard copy reference.

The recommendation to see an ENT was not to obtain a "new diagnosis" but rather an expert opinion as to what, out of the drugs that are available in Thailand (given that what you have been using is not) would be most likely to help you.

All pharmaceuticals licensed for sale in Thailand are listed in a book called MIMS, poster above has given an online link or the book itself may be found in most pharmacies. just ask to see "MIMS". (Which is what I consulted in replying to your question).

The recommendation to see an ENT was not to obtain a "new diagnosis" but rather an expert opinion as to what, out of the drugs that are available in Thailand (given that what you have been using is not) would be most likely to help you.

All pharmaceuticals licensed for sale in Thailand are listed in a book called MIMS, poster above has given an online link or the book itself may be found in most pharmacies. just ask to see "MIMS". (Which is what I consulted in replying to your question).

ah sorry if i came across wrong don't know about this medical stuff just assumed everywhere would do the drug as its a one of a kind didn't mean to be nasty or anything ill go see an ent thanks for replys :)

• 4 months later...

I came across this thread while looking for the same thing. I can confirm absolutely that Rinatec is not available in Thailand. I can also confirm that for non-allergic (perennial) rhinitis/rhinorrhea there is nothing else effective. I have suffered for a decade with this problem, and I am now about to run out of the product again. There is a website called assetchemist.co.uk which has it for £6.25 per 15 ml pack (180 sprays, lasts me about 2 weeks). They require a UK prescription, but have an on-line "doctor" service which involves ticking the "no" box many times and paying £12 extra on top of the price of the meds. I have used them once before and I received the product, although I had to go all the way to Lak Si to bail it out of customs jail - even though there was no import duty payable. I have just ordered 12 of the 15 ml spray packs and the total, with shipping to Thailand and the "prescription" fee is £92.95.

Universal Drugstore charges $94 for six so that's $188 for 12 plus $7 shipping; $195 altogether, equivalent today to £121 so the UK site is cheaper despite the phony "prescription" charge. And shipping is usually faster from UK than US. I figure I would rather have my nose stop running for 6 months than keep the £100 so I am holding my nose :) and paying it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Further to my post above, I went ahead and ordered the Rinatec from asset chemist, and was pleasantly surprised when the package arrived at my address about one week after I placed the order. There were no charges for customs duty.

For anyone needing a medication which is not available in Thailand, and not available in UK without a prescription, I recommend assetchemist.co.uk as the best solution.