Which Thai Post Office has my motorbike?

buddhaland

I moved here to Chiang Mai about a week ago from Ao Nang, and shipped my motorbike via the Thai Post Office in Krabi. I have the paperwork (all in Thai) and I got a phone call, also all in Thai - but I did get that it that my bike has arrived in Chiang Mai. (Really fast delivery!) But I don't know the name and location of the post office here that I need to go to to pick up my bike. Can someone help me with this? I want to pick it up as soon as possible, so I can return my rental without getting charged for another day. Many thanks in advance for your help - so far, Chiang Mai has been great - but I miss my bike!

i FOUND IT - It is the San Sai branch - out in the NE part of town, which is cool, because it is actually walking distance from my condo! I had forgotten that the one thing I could decipher on the paperwork was the tracking number - so I typed that in and now I know where my motorbike is! I am going to go get it right now! So if anyone else ever asks, that is the place!

Many thanks for your speedy resonse, though!

i didn't know there was Logipost at Sansai Post. are you sure you sent it Logipost? we use Logipost often and have always been referred to C.M. Main or Khamtieng that have the ramps and back office for large furniture, etc.

it depends on the size of the motorcycle and the distance. from BKK to C.M. about 2,200-2,500 Baht for a 125cc. to Hat Yai or further, perhaps 3,000 Baht. for larger motorcycle it could be as much as 6-8,000 Baht.

Hi folks - I believe it was 3500 Baht. And I did indeed just ride the bike home from the San Sai Post office. (Well, I detoured to Tesco...) Overall it was a good experence, and I really want to commend the staff there. The bike was in the same shape it was in when I dropped off at Krabi. The P.O. was jumping, and they seemed to be short-handed on the front counter. Regardless, one of the clerks dropped everything, took care of the paperwork, and even came out to the loading dock and unwrapped the bike, which took a while, even with my help (it went a lot faster with my Swiss Army Knife vs. her scissors - they basically cocoon the bike in sheets of styrofoam and shrink wrap, all stuck together with packing tape.) The only negative - I also left my helmet to be shipped with the bike, and it didn't arrive. But another clerk did a thorough search of the cargo/package areas, and when nothing turned up he filled out paperwork to send to Krabi, and told me he would call me if/when it is located. But that was somewhat made up for - they advise you to empty the gas tank before surrendering the bike - apparently I took them too seriously, as the darned thing just wouldn't start. But yet another clerk who was working the loading dock took 100B from me and a gas can they keep there - and hopped on his motorbike and arrived shortly with gas! This time the bike started like a champ. One amazing thing is that this post office happens to be the closest one to my condo - I could walk to it in a pinch! I am so glad that these are the folks I will always be dealing with! And I forgot to mention - although they said in Krabi to expect the procedure to take up to 14 days, my motorbike arrived in just shy of a week!

When I had a bike delivered, it ended up at the post office by the railway station.

That was also the closest post office to my house. Maybe they deliver to the closest office to your house if you got yours in san sai.