Caught on CCTV: Bangkok cab driver shot dead by 'jealous man'

webfact

Caught On CCTV: Cab Driver Shot Dead By 'Jealous Man'
By Khaosod English

13971146001397115098l.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The police have released CCTV footage of the murder of a taxi driver who was shot dead following a fistfight in Bangkok earlier this week.

Police said Mr. Duangchan Buakiew, 39, shot in Soi Lat Phrao 114, Wang Thong Lang district, at around 03.00 on 8 April. A group of local residents rushed him to hospital, but he later succumbed to his severe injuries.

Medical workers found 2 gunshot wounds on Mr. Duangchan's stomach, and another one on his left leg. The police also discovered 5 .45 bullet cases in the crime scene.

Witnesses told the police Mr. Duangchan was "flirting" with a girlfriend of another man prior to the incident. The man reportedly became enraged and engaged in fistfights with Mr. Duangchan out of jealousy, but he eventually lost the fight to Mr. Duangchan and fled from the area.

In the CCTV footage obtained by the police, Mr. Duangchan could be seen walking to wash his bruised face at a water tank in an apartment's parking lot in Soi Latphrao 114, apparently thinking the fight was over. However, shortly afterwards the man, who was now armed with a hand gun, caught up with him and proceeded to shoot Mr. Duangchan dead.

Witnesses said the taxi driver could be heard asking for mercy, but was ignored by the perpetrator, who fled the crime scene after the incident.

Police identified the man as Mr. Teerapat Rattanapat, a textile vendor and native of Nakhon Si Thammarat province. The court has approved the arrest warrant on Mr. Teerapat, and the police have urged any citizen who recognised the man from the CCTV footage to pass information to the police force.

The police also dismissed a rumour that Mr. Duangchan was in fact a pro-government taxi driver who had been murdered by an anti-government protest guard, insisting that the case was purely motivated by personal disputes.

WARNING!! Video contains graphic images. Viewer discretion is advised

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1397114600

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-04-10

i wonder how the perp will stop guys flirting with his girlfriend after he gets locked up for the next few decades

But, of course, it will be his boyfriend he will be jealous of for the next few decades...!

• Like 2

the low self esteem that needs to be boosted by a "macho" image..........typically THai, maybe he shot him because the taxi driver had a bigger dick............. not hard to believe that! Perhaps the BIB should follow that lead!

Glad I'm not Thai then. I wouldn't be able to afford the bullets.

• Like 1

Us farrangs must look upon Thai men as children but in a grown mans body, add hormones that their brain can handle and this is what you get?

The more south you get in Thailand, the more violent they are and more imature.

Although this happens everywhere, the perputrator is too often borned and raised in the south.

R.I.P. to the man gettings shot dead and my condolences to his family.

Yeah, the fall looks fake, but they say the guy died....dunno.

looks fake. so if a person i shot in the stomache how should they fall. i mean you have obviously seen many people shot in the stomache - or are you talking absolute nonsense

You'll get used to it on TV.

• Like 1

If I had just been shot in the stomach the last thing I would be worried about was putting my hand out to break my fall. And so little blood. If this is a fake its rubbish. If its real I watch too much TV

It seems you´re to much into Hollywodd effects.biggrin.png

If I had just been shot in the stomach the last thing I would be worried about was putting my hand out to break my fall. And so little blood. If this is a fake its rubbish. If its real I watch too much TV

You are 50% correct. You do watch too much tv. Certain motions are instinctive, no matter how grievously injured a person is.

Didn't look like 5 shots fired either. (5 shells found at scene). Didn't look like 3 shots fired (3 wounds). It looked like 2 shots were fired.

• Like 1