Philippines Carriers Given Green Light to Operate US Flights

Philippines carriers given green light to operate US flights

Marianne Carandang, Manila, April 10, 2014
THE US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has restored the Philippines to Category 1 status according to the international aviation safety standards as set out by ICAO.
This follows a review of the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) conducted last month that found it to have met standards in technical expertise, trained personnel, record keeping or inspection procedures.
With the safety status upgrade, Philippine airlines can operate flights to the US and carry the code of US carriers.
The Philippines held Category 1 rating until January 2008, when it was downgraded.

Continued:

http://www.ttgasia.com/article.php?article_id=22898

Logo_TTG_Asia.jpg

• Like 1

I flew PAL one time each from LAX and SFO to Manila three years ago. I told the company that I was contracting to "Never again!!". Filthy 747's; not an exaggeration. The aircraft both smelled like locker rooms, food was terrible and Manila airport a very weird place for a layover. They locked you into a somewhat small room and would not allow you to leave until one hour prior to the connecting boarding time. They did provide free snacks but it was all very odd.