Blue Olive Restaurant: What's to come?

richsilver

Sad news this was a favorite restaurant of mine and the Canadian black angus steaks were delicious.

Maybe give the new Subs and Steaks a try.

I will. Raymond was also a meat wholesaler so restaurants may be scrambling for a supplier. I have no idea where the Subs n Steaks get their Canadian beef.

My sympathies to all his friends and family. I don't know Raymond or his restaurant but I'm somewhat saddened to see so many posters saying that now he has passed away they won't patronise his business. Surely if he had a good, well-run business it was also because he had good people in his employ - maybe family members, friends, locals. I would have thought his business needs supporting now more than ever. A good businessman will have a good succession plan in place and good people ready and able to step in.

It's possible but not likely. So is that Greek place off Bua Khow any good?

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

My sympathies to all his friends and family. I don't know Raymond or his restaurant but I'm somewhat saddened to see so many posters saying that now he has passed away they won't patronise his business. Surely if he had a good, well-run business it was also because he had good people in his employ - maybe family members, friends, locals. I would have thought his business needs supporting now more than ever. A good businessman will have a good succession plan in place and good people ready and able to step in.

Totally agree, no business is a one man band, staff are more important but it is so sad that people are so shallow, hopefully the restaurant will go on with the same standards

• Like 2

It's possible but not likely. So is that Greek place off Bua Khow any good?

No it's off of Thepprasit Soi 8, and yes I will return if the business remains open. Apparently he was working at his desk when he slumped over and called for his wife. Efforts to revive him were futile. As owner of AK meat wholesalers he provided imported meat for the Blue Olive and many other restaurants including the just opened Subs n Steaks.

As a long time diner at the Blue Olive it is good news that the business will continue as difficult as it will be without Ray. He will certainly be missed by everyone who knew him but I am confident the business will be a continued success.

I am too so very sorry to hear that.

RIP Raymond.

We (my family and I) where regular guests there and will definitely stop by to at least pay our respects.

I know that most of the time we dined at this place the food was entirely prepared by the Thai Chefs and

support staff and was always superb. Raymond would always attend mostly to customers.

I hope that the excellent staff sticks around and we get to enjoy the wonderful food for many more years

to come.

God Bless

luudee