Staff required for new bakery and cafe in Pracherup city

AliasJohn

I will be opening a new bakery/coffee shop/restaurant in Pracherup City on the first of June. We will be needing service staff, a chef and staff with bakery experience. English speaking would help but not essential.

Free accommodation is offered, above award wages and a good working environment to anyone who is interested. Please pm me for contact details.

Cheers.

John

• Like 1

Hi John, It is a very beautiful spot. Prior to here I had a popular bakery and coffee shop in Ubon Ratchathani called Peppers Bakery & Cafe for 4 years. I sold the business in October, went on a holiday and discovered paradise.

My wife and myself have bought a shop that needs a major overhaul on the main street opposite wat Koh Lak about 200 metres before you enter the air force base. We will open on June the 1st.

It will be named Twiggs Bakery & Cafe.

Hope to see you back here.

Regards

John

post-91790-0-20823300-1397544326_thumb.j

• Like 2

Congratulations on your choice. Prachuap is developing steadily. Especially the north side of Ao Prachuap. I will definitely visit your shop in June. Opening party?

Thank you very much. Pracherup is a very special place. Can't get too over developed because of the air force base here which is great news. Its a big secret so don't tell too many people ok!

Our expected grand opening is June the 1st. We will serve all day real American breakfast, eggs benedict, the best breakfast sausages, chili con carne and many more. My coffee comes from Laos freshly roasted

and expressed to pracherup.

I have 7 years experience in restaurant/bakery and coffee shop in Thailand and I hope I have learnt a few tricks. Hope to see you here and thanks for your input.

Cheers

John

Edited by AliasJohn
  • Like 1

Congratulations on your choice. Prachuap is developing steadily. Especially the north side of Ao Prachuap. I will definitely visit your shop in June. Opening party?

Thank you very much. Pracherup is a very special place. Can't get too over developed because of the air force base here which is great news. Its a big secret so don't tell too many people ok!

Our expected grand opening is June the 1st. We will serve all day real American breakfast, eggs benedict, the best breakfast sausages, chili con carne and many more. My coffee comes from Laos freshly roasted

I have 7 years experience in restaurant/bakery and coffee shop in Thailand and I hope I have learnt a few tricks. Hope to see you here and thanks for your input.

Cheers

John

Development of Meuang Prachuap has also to do with the development of Dan Singkhon border crossing. At this moment the market area is getting completely re-developed. Perhaps it's the sign that the international border crossing might open in the very near future.

Hope to be there on Sunday 1 June 2014.

Pra-chu-ap :)

Edited by aidenai
  • Like 1

If it's anything like Pepper's was in Ubon Ratchathani, it should be great! Best of luck, John!!

Thank you for the compliment. That is my aim and also try to improve on what I had up there. Thanks again...

Cheers

Hi John, It is a very beautiful spot. Prior to here I had a popular bakery and coffee shop in Ubon Ratchathani called Peppers Bakery & Cafe for 4 years. I sold the business in October, went on a holiday and discovered paradise.

My wife and myself have bought a shop that needs a major overhaul on the main street opposite wat Koh Lak about 200 metres before you enter the air force base. We will open on June the 1st.

Regards

John

Are you the guy that locals refered to as "Ubon John"? Did you also sell wholesale pies and sausage etc to local ex pat bars?

Also as you are doing an American breakfast, im wondering if you are American? if you are, I beg you mate to throw in a couple of other American breakfast classics like REAL corn beef hash. I bit of home made mac cheese wouldnt go a miss either. Im English but used to love American breakfasts when I spent time over there on and off.

That area in general has been making me curious lately. Im bored of HH and sometimes toy with the idea of heading out that way. I work from home, have a mrs who drives to work in HH and a couple of nice big dogs so renting a nice house with a big garden is in my mind every now and then. The only thing that put me off is that it might be a little too quiet, you know? Quiet is good, but its nice to have a couple of local pubs around so you can chew the fat with other ferang locals. I might take a spin over the again and take a second look.

Anyway, hijacking the thread a bit here, sorry. Best of luck with it and I will definatley come over and check out Peppers. If you are that guy from Ubon that I mentioned, I might even be a regular. Knockout pies and sausage rolls!

Development of Meuang Prachuap has also to do with the development of Dan Singkhon border crossing. At this moment the market area is getting completely re-developed. Perhaps it's the sign that the international border crossing might open in the very near future.

i've been inside there several times, last time was last year... on burmese side there is still nothing (literally nothing) except for a small shack without walls where 1 police guy checks who get in... however, i was told it will open for thai, properly open as in thais being allowed to get in*, next year (many local thai entrepreneur can enter there already to sell goods and do agriculture, they pay small fee and drive up to MAWDAUNG but not further)... i also went to the opening ceremony when that crossing was declared a "permanent" business crossing last year and spoke with a few officials then. they all said the same thing: the faster it opens the better, we are ready, bpama are not ready yet. anyway, the road from mawdaung to tennaserim is in very poor condition. ital-thai is supposed to get it repaired so driving to and from mergui will be fast, and that's the main goal of opening the mawdaung pass. shortcut to andaman.

(*) like they can now get in at mae sai and drive up to kentung or mong la without proper visas like we have to get...

Edited by stickylies

Hello John,

Please, please try to operate slightly outside of the box, by offering western style baked goods, such as carrot cake (ridiculously easy to make), brownies, pear danish, cinnamon rolls, apple pie, oatmeal raisin cookies, etc. You will be rewarded with an extra several hundred thousand baht per year for your efforts. I cannot even begin to express the level of frustration with all of the bakeries that open and offer absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. Also, you might consider pots of fine Chinese tea, which you can order inexpensively in bulk, online. It would be a real hit.

• Like 1

Hi John,

That's great news! Sounds like a good place. At the moment there are quite a few cafes in Prachuap, but unfortunately they're all copies of each other. As spidermike007 wrote here earlier, something different would be very welcome.

Good luck with getting ready for the opening!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Hi JOHN ,What's the name of the Removal Company that moved your furniture from UBON to your present location ?

Thanks in advance. H. R.

Hi HR The number of the guy that moved our goodies is 0898872969. He has about a 5 ton truck and did a very good job. He is not a removalist as such but a man, two helpers and a truck so you will have to pack up everything yourself. We had nothing damaged at all and he did the move without a problem. I don't know his name and he doesn't speak English but very nice guy. Our move cost 15000 baht. Oh and very punctual as well. We booked him for 9.00am and I am sure he was waiting around the corner for 9.00am to clock over as he was on the dot. Good luck!

Cheers..John

Regards

John

Are you the guy that locals refered to as "Ubon John"? Did you also sell wholesale pies and sausage etc to local ex pat bars?

Also as you are doing an American breakfast, im wondering if you are American? if you are, I beg you mate to throw in a couple of other American breakfast classics like REAL corn beef hash. I bit of home made mac cheese wouldnt go a miss either. Im English but used to love American breakfasts when I spent time over there on and off.

That area in general has been making me curious lately. Im bored of HH and sometimes toy with the idea of heading out that way. I work from home, have a mrs who drives to work in HH and a couple of nice big dogs so renting a nice house with a big garden is in my mind every now and then. The only thing that put me off is that it might be a little too quiet, you know? Quiet is good, but its nice to have a couple of local pubs around so you can chew the fat with other ferang locals. I might take a spin over the again and take a second look.

Anyway, hijacking the thread a bit here, sorry. Best of luck with it and I will definatley come over and check out Peppers. If you are that guy from Ubon that I mentioned, I might even be a regular. Knockout pies and sausage rolls!

Hi there, Not sure if I was referred to as "Ubon John" but "Peppers John" was the usual tag. I did wholesale pies, sausage rolls, burger buns and a few other products to various places. I also supplied around 15 Amazon coffee outlets, Black Canyon at the airport and Central and I had 3 other outlets of my own to take care of. I am a Ozy bloke but do a sensational American breakfast, eggs benedict, great Ozy meat pies plus plus plus. Quiet is good for me and I see there a couple of farang bars around which I will get acquainted with shortly. Hope to see you after we open in June. We start the renovations this week...Thanks for replying,

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Hello John,

Please, please try to operate slightly outside of the box, by offering western style baked goods, such as carrot cake (ridiculously easy to make), brownies, pear danish, cinnamon rolls, apple pie, oatmeal raisin cookies, etc. You will be rewarded with an extra several hundred thousand baht per year for your efforts. I cannot even begin to express the level of frustration with all of the bakeries that open and offer absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. Also, you might consider pots of fine Chinese tea, which you can order inexpensively in bulk, online. It would be a real hit.

Hi Mike, My previous business in Ubon was just that. Outside the box. Our carrot cake was one of our biggest sellers, had reviews on Tripadvisor regarding the carrot cake and brownies, very good apple pie and a large range of cookies. Didnt tackel cinnamon rolls or the pear danish but hey..why not. We only use fresh butter from Australia and real cream not the long life stuff. Your advice on the tea has been noted...thank you. Always looking for new ideas. Cheers

Hi John,

That's great news! Sounds like a good place. At the moment there are quite a few cafes in Prachuap, but unfortunately they're all copies of each other. As spidermike007 wrote here earlier, something different would be very welcome.

Good luck with getting ready for the opening!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Thanks mate, My wife and myself are very excited about setting up something new in this region. Hua Hin has many options however down here its very limited. We about to change that. Everything from great hamburgers, pizza, all day breakfasts, cakes, Thai food and of course great coffee which incidently comes from Laos. Hope to see you some day at Twiggs Bakery and Cafe located right opposite Wat Koh Lak 200 metres before you enter the airforce base. Cheers.

Edited by AliasJohn
  • Like 1

Cheers

John

Hope to be there on Sunday 1 June 2014.

Pra-chu-ap smile.png

Opening party....sounds like a plan....

Please pm me for contact details.

Cheers.

John

How do you pm someone who's username has been grayed out for as long as I can recall ?

It's greyed out? Thats strange, I have been getting pm's, in fact the last one about a hour ago. Can you elaborate Frank? Thanks mate

Cheers.

John

How do you pm someone who's username has been grayed out for as long as I can recall ?

It's greyed out? Thats strange, I have been getting pm's, in fact the last one about a hour ago. Can you elaborate Frank? Thanks mate

Normally when you mouse over someones username, you will get a snapshot of his profile and the " find content " and " send message " tab.

Your username is grey color and not possible to get a snapshot or click on your username. I have seen this for a long time already everytime you made a post.

Cheers.

John

Normally when you mouse over someones username, you will get a snapshot of his profile and the " find content " and " send message " tab.

Your username is grey color and not possible to get a snapshot or click on your username. I have seen this for a long time already everytime you made a post.

Thanks for pointing this out to me. I have contacted TV already.

Cheers.

John

Edited by AliasJohn

would like to send you a PM, but cant find your e-mailadress. my girlfriend wants is looking for a job in Prachuap. She is now working in Bkk, but will relocate in august. If you have the details i can inform her.

John

In the process of moving down there from CM (Can't handle the smog etc) Next week actually.

Can you pm me your phone no as I know a lass that makes bread, and very good as well, plus I'd like to know a fellow Aussie there as well. A beer is on the cards.

Edited by skills32

I must say I really love Prachuap. When I was with the GF years ago she sensed a presence in our hotel. Then years later when I came back alone, at about 6pm after coming home from Ao Manao, just chilling on the bed after a shower I heard a childs voice kinda wailing, it was quite eerie. I think a lot of people died there a long time ago due to a war I think the japs were involved.

But having said that its a very clean place, probably the BEST seafood I have ever had in Thailand and I remember a nice desserts shop. Met some lovely Thais on top of the mountain temple near town, very pleasant experience indeed can understand why you would want to settle there best of luck.