Sa Kaew: School lauded for installing condom dispenser

webfact

And therin lies a part of the problem; It's not just about teenage pregnancy. If the powers that be also drummed home the importance of not spreading disease, the whole safe sex issue gather momentum because more girls and the boys too would insist on condoms.

A bit odd that the school was not lauded until this chap "discovered" the dispenser.

With the proliferation of 7/11's pretty much on every street corner, having "more" dispensers is not the way forward, education is, unless that is that they are buying and using them at the school so having one there is much more convenient.

Are they going to teach them how to use them too, or just put a machine in the crapper and hope they can figure it out?

I know of one foreign high school where they ran a training video demonstrating how to use a condom. The device was carefully placed on a carrot, and rolled down.

I'm not sure that would have prevented many pregnancies! facepalm.gif

Seriously though, I worked in a university in Papua New Guinea some years ago, where the clinic was run by a group whose religion was against using any family planning methods. The clinic had a large supply of condoms in store, and that's where they stayed.

As the students all lived on campus, you can imagine the problems. 33% of all the female students couldn't complete their studies and returned to their villages to have the baby. sad.png

8 year olds and 15 year olds with kids? Where the 'f' are the parents? If they are in need of these condom dispensers then the teachers themselves are just as useless.

The students might as well get their education from a dispenser too, like from tablets.

• Like 1

Are they going to teach them how to use them too, or just put a machine in the crapper and hope they can figure it out?

I know of one foreign high school where they ran a training video demonstrating how to use a condom. The device was carefully placed on a carrot, and rolled down.

Seriously though, I worked in a university in Papua New Guinea some years ago, where the clinic was run by a group whose religion was against using any family planning methods. The clinic had a large supply of condoms in store, and that's where they stayed.

As the students all lived on campus, you can imagine the problems. 33% of all the female students couldn't complete their studies and returned to their villages to have the baby. sad.png

Yup. Thailand is the Asian Papua New Guinea.

No....Papua New Guinea is the Asian Papua New Guinea...... plonker..

No....Papua New Guinea is the Asian Papua New Guinea...... plonker..

Australasia is barely Asia. Like pizza crust barely part of the pizza. The part you throw away.

With the proliferation of 7/11's pretty much on every street corner, having "more" dispensers is not the way forward, education is, unless that is that they are buying and using them at the school so having one there is much more convenient.

7/11's aren't everywhere, especially in rural areas.

Noticed that even in cities, teenagers do not always feel up to buying condoms in 7/11, especially if it's anywhere near their home.

Guess it's worse when it cones to local non-franchised shops. What would the neighbors say and all that.

where are the parents in all this? they make children and just let them run around ?

ahh... what am i talking about, when you see mom/dad/2 children on a motosay and only maybe dad has a helmet ...

Sompong Jitradap, a lecturer at Chulalongkorn University's faculty of education said during the trip he learned that a girl as young as eight could get pregnant, while some 15-year-olds already had three children.

Where did he got his degree from?? if he had bought it on Khao San or online, he would have known about this for long.....

This shows us again that universities in Thailand are of the same standards as cheap toilet paper..

where are the parents in all this? they make children and just let them run around ?

ahh... what am i talking about, when you see mom/dad/2 children on a motosay and only maybe dad has a helmet ...

and that helmet you mean that piece of plastic that in the West is not even passing the standards as a drinking-cup, or the helmet in his underpants....

This is a bloody disgrace resulting in abdication rather than delegation from both the parents and the society in general.

Little or no social or moral fiber exits in this country.

What difference do you think that this will make in a country where every 7/11,Tesco Express have them stuck in your face when you enter the door. Perhaps their rationale is that the students can have a quick'y in the toilets between classes.

Condoms dispenser needs to be installed not only in schools, but in hospitals, markets and public areas for everybody to have access at any time, and have to be free. In pharmacies and stores the average package cost is 40THB and many teenagers will prefer to spend that money in anything and not in condoms. Also, no teenagers or women will buy or get condoms around its neighbors. Even the married ones....TIT....

This is a bloody disgrace resulting in abdication rather than delegation from both the parents and the society in general.

Little or no social or moral fiber exits in this country.

What difference do you think that this will make in a country where every 7/11,Tesco Express have them stuck in your face when you enter the door. Perhaps their rationale is that the students can have a quick'y in the toilets between classes.

Again....only in Thailand?.....Years ago a study about sex in USA schols was done. The average student between 14 and 17 years old had some kind of sexual encounter with more than 15 partners during school years, and most schools had counselors on site dealing with teenagers pregnancy and STD cases.....Good parenting is very important...but school sexual education is fundamental. Teenagers spend a lot more time in the school, with computers, and with friends than with its parents, and are very good hiding its feelings and problems to them.....Parents never know what really is happening with its teenagers, or are the last ones in knowing, or only know when a problem already happens....

Edited by umbanda

8 year olds and 15 year olds with kids? Where the 'f' are the parents? If they are in need of these condom dispensers then the teachers themselves are just as useless.

The students might as well get their education from a dispenser too, like from tablets.

Their parents are probably just finishing high school.