Bar work BS

jimBaaaa

Not possible, in thailand a falang cannot take a job a Thai can do .

But a thai would gladly do a job a falang can do in the uk for half the wage.

Why then...do they have foreigners working the bars on Walking Street...Pattaya...?

Probably because the appropiate authorities are getting 'tea money'

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think not impossible. Not lots, but many farangs are working serving in restaurants and entertainment (bars) at Samui (and why not Phangan also?) to give foreign customers a better service. Even see farangs standing in street helping foreign guest with reading menu and try to get them inside a trendy restaurant. 30,000 b/m is not an extremely high wage; Thais can earn the same (or more) just serving some of those places – and no other “services” than food and/or drinks are “on the menu”. wink.png

30,000 bht mth is quite a good wage when the average restaurant pays 9000 bht to a Thai.

I heard many Russian girls are dancing in different bars illegally even once I seen police from Bangkok raid the bars and took away almost 20 girls or more working illegally there. The laws here is funny unfortunately you can get away with almost everything at right price. Regarding your GF you never know what job is that. Just think she is coming to Thailand OBS>

I think not impossible. Not lots, but many farangs are working serving in restaurants and entertainment (bars) at Samui (and why not Phangan also?) to give foreign customers a better service. Even see farangs standing in street helping foreign guest with reading menu and try to get them inside a trendy restaurant. 30,000 b/m is not an extremely high wage; Thais can earn the same (or more) just serving some of those places – and no other “services” than food and/or drinks are “on the menu”. wink.png

30,000 bht mth is quite a good wage when the average restaurant pays 9000 bht to a Thai.

9k/m is the official min. wage. I don’t think you will find skilled service workers with a bit of English language knowledge for restaurant and entertainment at Samui for less than 15k/m (including tip and extras) – they will soon find another job if paid less – know Thais making (a lot) more than that.

I would not assume that because you see them working they are doing it legally. Many farang working without WP's here. Also you can get WP for "front house manager/supervisor" even thou it maybe fudging the truth a little. I've known several people working on tourist visas and border runs with no work permits.

Maybe she was employed as the 'manager'

totster smile.png

One of my ex-colleagues was a restaurant/bar manager. Earned a lot more than 30k

I'm not saying she was the manager, but that's how the work permit was obtained.

totster smile.png

Ah, you can read Thai?

All details on a work permit are also in English.

Edited by sirchai

All nonsense, the best she or anyone could manage would be 90 days, 60 day visa plus 30 extension.

Under the recent changes, in theory she could get 30 on arrival, go get a 60 day tourist visa outside thailand then extend that by 30 days, that would cover the 4 months.

Non-Immigrant Visa gives you 90 days and you can make a 30 days extension - voila close to 4 months.

Bye,

Derk

False, you can not get an 30 day extension on a non-immigrant entry.

You can maximum get 7 days to leave the Kingdom.

You do realize, we are talking about a conversation, that a girl allegedly had with him, that we are assuming he has correct, and thats assuming, she wasnt flat out lying to him, because the bar owner was her boyfriend, until he wasnt

1. From my understanding, farangs CANNOT work in any bar or do any manual labour.

Correct

2. Can you or can you not get a work permit WITHOUT a job lined up?

No, you cannot.

3. How does she manage to stick around for 4 months WITHOUT the correct visa. She claimed she renewed her visa without leaving Thailand?

You tell me? Don`t see how this is possible.

4. Were the police paid off for this to happen as she would be an asset to the bar for full moon tourists?

No. Except for some Russian girls working illegally in bars and clubs in Phuket and Pattaya, I have never heard of or seen farang women working openly in the bars of Thailand.

I think this could be the end of a wonderful relationship.

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 1

Not sure why people are finding this hard to believe.

Whether you think this is right or wrong, Thai people in the tourist industry can't be trusted any more and they're crap salespeople.

Farangs on a party island will bring in much more money to the bar in questions, so why wouldn't they pay an extra 20K per month for a young English girl if they're making 100K per month extra on top of this.

How many people just ignore a Thai PR person when they're trying to sell you something. I know the guy said this girl was ugly, but the ones I saw on Phi Phi were smoking hot and guaranteed to bring in huge custom to the bars they work in.

Seen many PR people (those who think they have the gift of the gab giving out flyers for night clubs and bars) in Phi Phi and Phuket.

Many foreigners work in hotels with the correct paperwork.

This girl either did it illegally or it's a Jackanory.

RAZZ

what we should really be asking is, instead of chasing this red herring

why would the girl tell this guy the truth?

how many people here go home, and tell the 100% truth about what they were doing here?

what happens in thailand, stays in thailand, without thai visa forums disrupting that flow of horse manure, which is what we are all debating here,

to what degree is the girl lying about her activity, to a guy?

90%?

how many people here go home, and tell the 100% truth about what they were doing here?

what happens in thailand, stays in thailand, without thai visa forums disrupting that flow of horse manure, which is what we are all debating here,

90%?

One thing I have learned since living in Thailand, is never ask a farang, male or female that you meet for the first time or only see on rare occasions, is what they do in Thailand?

The most common answer is usually, a little bit of this or a little bit of that or they change the subject quickly. There have been farangs that I knew as acquaintances for many years and during the whole time never did find out what they do here.

Many are a shady lot, full of secrets and seem to be living mysterious lifestyles.

post-110219-0-89665600-1397681492_thumb.

Edited by Beetlejuice

All nonsense, the best she or anyone could manage would be 90 days, 60 day visa plus 30 extension.

Under the recent changes, in theory she could get 30 on arrival, go get a 60 day tourist visa outside thailand then extend that by 30 days, that would cover the 4 months.

Work permit, no chance unless it was applied for under a different category, even then she would be illegally working behind the bar.

She may believe it to be true, as she may have been told by whoever gave the job that they took care of it, but in reality its just not possible, she's been conned probably or is extremely nieve.

"SHE" definitely didnt do any of that herself.

In theory, and also fact, anything in Thailand is possible if you have money to pay to bend the rules, I've been coming to Thailand for many years and only ever come on a 30 day visa on arrival, I did a border run once with a kamikazie minibus driver once to get an extension of stay and vowed never to do again.....Alledgedly it's wrong to bend the rules but I stay in Thailand for up to 3 months at a time on a 30 day visa on arrival and never leave the country.....Yes it costs me but it's well worth it...It's not what you know, it's who you know and if they can give me piece of mind by not doing border runs, I'm quite happy to pay....thumbsup.gif

90%?

One thing I have learned since living in Thailand, is never ask a farang, male or female that you meet for the first time or only see on rare occasions, is what they do in Thailand?

The most common answer is usually, a little bit of this or a little bit of that or they change the subject quickly. There have been farangs that I knew as acquaintances for many years and during the whole time never did find out what they do here.

Many are a shady lot, full of secrets and seem to be living mysterious lifestyles.

its one or the other,

its either legit, or not.

saying nothing means, not.

anyone doing something legit, will usually hand you a business card and try to gain a new customer

90%?

Surely you know by now Beetle that they are CIA, DEA, SAS, SBS, Marines, Mafia or IRA...Or Russian Mafia.Jeez you suprise me, I thought you knew it all....

Lots of facts and theory's here, will be using the info in this post when I question her in work on Saturday night. The conversation will be in front of 20-30 other people so it might get slightly embarrassing for her when she is sussed. Will be back with detail account of convo soon

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Or even more embarrassing for me if she produces proof, but I'm positive that the inconsistencies in her story makes her a BSer/bragger

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

why would you do that though?

instead, you now have something uniquely in common, Thailand, and a bar in Thailand

I'm interested in how a hippie's peace sign became the logo of a bar, and if its a true american hippie there because if so,

I might like to visit it,

what kind of music they playing there, American 1960s and 70's rock?

Edited by Scarpolo