VAT for customers outside of Thailand?

No, it's not true. Export of goods and services are zero rated for VAT.

The problem for an exporter is that all local purchases still attract VAT so need to claim refunds from the Revenue Department each month. Getting refunds in full and in a timely manner is a constant battle.

No, it's not true. Export of goods and services are zero rated for VAT.

The problem for an exporter is that all local purchases still attract VAT so need to claim refunds from the Revenue Department each month. Getting refunds in full and in a timely manner is a constant battle.

Thank you.

Are you sure this is not a SCAM as well???? Thai customs clearence agents are all claiming VAT towards foreign customers with a address outside Thailand....I got a strong feeling that this money is quickly down the pockets of these agents...

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo

Are you sure this is not a SCAM as well???? Thai customs clearence agents are all claiming VAT towards foreign customers with a address outside Thailand....I got a strong feeling that this money is quickly down the pockets of these agents...

Glegolo

I guess you are referring to imports whereas the op is asking about exports.

Foreign customers pay their invoices directly to the exporter. Thai customs and customs agents have nothing to do with the payments.

Glegolo

I guess you are referring to imports whereas the op is asking about exports.

Foreign customers pay their invoices directly to the exporter. Thai customs and customs agents have nothing to do with the payments.

"Same same, but different"!!!!!

Glegolo