Why does it seem like Thais talk obnoxiously loud on mobile phones ?

yougivemebaby

You must have been living for a long time in Thailand.

If you go around in Europe, especially in public transport, you will find that Thais are comparatively quite.

Been here for three years. I think it's cute except when I'm trying to watchTV or sleep. Lol

I think you must live in a different Thailand as me, because when i see Thais making a call standing next to me all I can see is their lips move, to the point that I often wonder how the person on the other side can even hear what they are saying

• Like 1

Yep, me too think Thais are not guilty of talking to loud.. You must hear some Italians... And for some reason some of them seem to think that if one's phoning abroad, one's got to speak louderblink.png

I've always thought Thai's speak quite softly on the phone. Don't forget that in the West we tend to have private one to one conversations but Thai's are much more gregarious and may speak louder in order for their peers to hear. In a lot of cases it's the mysterious "face" thing. Go on the BTS in Bangkok and Thai's are as quiet as mice when on the phone. Just to add to that don't forget the huge number of grasses and informants keen to make a few baht.

I've always thought Thai's speak quite softly on the phone. Don't forget that in the West we tend to have private one to one conversations but Thai's are much more gregarious and may speak louder in order for their peers to hear. In a lot of cases it's the mysterious "face" thing. Go on the BTS in Bangkok and Thai's are as quiet as mice when on the phone. Just to add to that don't forget the huge number of grasses and informants keen to make a few baht.

Yes I noticed on the BTS Thais are very polite. Covering their mouth as not to disturb anyone. I've never seen that anywhere else in the world. Outside of the big city seems more prevalent. Maybe the signal isn't as good

You must have been living for a long time in Thailand.

If you go around in Europe, especially in public transport, you will find that Thais are comparatively quite.

Ditto North America.

I find the Thais comparatively quiet.

Comparatively being the operative word.

the world over, people are talking loudly on mobile phones.