Dr Narong explains why he chose not to attend CAPO meeting

webfact

A golden whistle!

Really a grown educated man accepting a golden whistle like a kid accepting a lolly for being a good boy from the teacher.

This is just embarrassing!

Whoever you are Stuttering Parrot, you are not very clever...it's not about a whistle, its about what it stands for... and as you are a Farang, what it stands for has absolutely nothing to do with you... And he is a grown up educated man, a lot more than you can say for yourself... Get a life and worry about the politics in your own sad country.. If you don't like what is happening in Thailand.. the door is always open.. Why is it so many stupid farangs come to live in Thailand.. Oh right, its the only place they can find a woman...

welcome! you are in the lead for the most ignorant post of April so far!!! clap2.gif

I wonder where the money comes from the purchase gold whistle. It seems to have money for this but what happen to the money for help the farmers. Long gone and forgotten. Another lie coming from the lips of Suthep.

he is a civil servant - and has not acted with that dignity as the other permanent secretaries did by attending an official meeting called by his employers

and...? he get's a whistle!

a disgrace wrapped up in an arrogance of mistaken virtue

do the employers show dignity?

Maybe he maintained his digity by not joining?

accepting a Golden Whistle? photo's of the "presentation" from one side of the political divide? following your logic all the other Permanent Secretaries have no dignity?

when I was in a senior position in the public service and was called to a meeting by the government I WENT... and why? because it shows PROFESSIONALISM I might not agree with my employers but that is PERSONAL and has no place in a role of seniority in the civil service otherwise it would lead to chaos if every employee decided which meetings to go to and which to boycott

an arrogant man who thinks his 'opinion' is so important it is above his professional role of Permanent Secretary - if he had ANY integrity he should RESIGN now that I would have respect for

So according to you second sentence CAPO is the government - interesting , I got the impression that CAPO also think the are the government

• Like 1

Your just angry Scamper is far more eloquent as you, not that that is hard when your on the side of right.

But even you know they mean YL.

Oh my, now it's the "side of the righteous" with scamper as the prophet. Beyond a little humour when you're on "the side of the right", are we, a little thin skinned, maybe? coffee1.gif

Poor guy must be hard on your nerves being a minority (most foreigners are educated thus support the anti government) and having to defend the undependable. But don't worry this government will be put out of its misery soon enough.

"most foreigners are educated thus support the anti government"

argumentum ad hominem

I am educated (higher degree (s) from good Unis) but I certainly do NOT support the PDRC thugs but i will resist making immature statements such as yours as I believe there ARE 'educated' people who support PDRC (but are wrong of course lol) it's just different perspectives.

Wow I am impressed (not) I have seldom seen good comments come from you and I am sure Robert Amsterdam is also educated. In general the educated followers of the reds get paid, those that don't.. maybe they are not as bright and just misguided.

In general most foreigners here are higher educated as the Thais and not supporting the government so apart from a few misguided educated individuals the red supporters are not that educated.

Also the reds need to be paid to protests while the yellows pay to support the protests. It kinda says it all.

Actually reading TV , (based on a limited sample of TV members) one suspects that that most foreigner,s in Thailand have barely completed high school in their own countries

But back on topic, the red peanut gallery, is commenting on golden whistles, integrity etc, so maybe they would like to comment on a certain policeman getting medals pinned on his chest by a known fugitive from Thai law in Hong Kong ( I believe it was)

"Poor guy must be hard on your nerves being a minority (most foreigners are educated thus support the anti government)"

You are speaking of all those well educated, dressed in wife beaters hanging around Pattaya,Nana and other parts of Bangkok?

Edited by lostinsurin
  • Like 1

Bravo to Dr. Narong for turning down " Dr. " Chalerm's invitation to the mad hatter tea party. Will it cost him his job at some point ? Likely, but that is the nature of bravery - to stand up for what you believe in, regardless as to personal cost. But it seems that there are many in the health industry who agree with him. And if the photos that some are kindly supplying are any indication they are also smiling - which must seem terribly distressing.

Chalerm - as we know - doesn't do smiles.

In fact, it appears that Dr. Narong has fairly unanimous show of support. It's got up Chalerm's skin, yes, but it's done a lot of other good things besides. It's sent a message that you can -

- express yourself freely.

It's seems a bit of an anticlimax to phrase it thus, but really that is what it comes down to. CAPO, Chalerm and the other champions of democracy are not too big on free expression. ( They'll explain later. Try Thida first - she's still working on that ). And Surapong makes it clear that whistles should never be used. Yes, they have their heads screwed on pretty securely on Chalerm's watch. An auspicious meeting to skip indeed, with or without a watch dangling from one's pocket.

Judging from his curt and short answers, he seem irritated with people asking him to explain anything. Not a good trait for a top civil servant.

He answered the question asked briefly, succinctly and without rhetoric - some people could learn from that .......

Scamper?

Your just angry Scamper is far more eloquent as you, not that that is hard when your on the side of right.

But even you know they mean YL.

he could have a time machine and still never compete with scamper..w00t.gif

Maybe he is suggesting that Scamper is not just from a different time zone, but perhaps is from a different planet?

I could run with that.....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

These senior civil servants do no answer to CAPO - in fact it could be argued that they do not answer to the caretaker government either, in fact in some respects they have more authority and responsibility.

The primary administration of authority is the Election Commission and to an extent the Senate