looking for cheap used metal roofing for chicken coups

jaideeguy

As the subject says.............I'm looking for cheap used metal roofing for chicken coups. Thais call it zinc, we call it galvanized, corrugated, tin and I'm sure you all know what it is.

My chickens are frying from this heat and I have the frame built and was planning to use the grass roofing, but it only lasts a year, altho it looks better, I don't want to have to replace it yearly so this is one last attempt to get some zinc roofing.

Maybe someone has some that was used as fencing or some other purpose and wants to get rid of it for a few Baht??? need about 30 sq mt . I'll haul it away too.

Thanks in advance...............

"Metal-roofed chicken coops ... Luxury !

Our chickens used to live, in a paper-bag, in't middle o't road" ! rolleyes.gif

But to get serious, how about some agricultural-shadeing, stretched across some bamboo poles ? Cheaper & looks better ?

Good hunting, anyway ! wai2.gif

"Metal-roofed chicken coops ... Luxury !

Our chickens used to live, in a paper-bag, in't middle o't road" ! rolleyes.gif

But to get serious, how about some agricultural-shadeing, stretched across some bamboo poles ? Cheaper & looks better ?

Good hunting, anyway ! wai2.gif

The wife is having built a new Chicken Ranch for a load of new girls. 120 baht per sheet of galvanized sheet metal.

post-157194-0-13917300-1397818249_thumb.

post-157194-0-20948300-1397818380_thumb.

Hope your girls stay cool.

Tin roof? Are you planning to roast them alive? biggrin.png

but, seriously, you could try the recycling yards. Maybe have what you want?

Had not thought of that but great idea "BBQ Chicken Ranch". In back of the ladder are 8 70 kg bags of charcoal.

post-157194-0-92006400-1397819922_thumb.

Sorry about the misspelling..........coops, but maybe in LOS it IS chicken Coups

Shading will shade, but I also have to think about the rainy season [if we ever get one this year].

I did try a few local recycling shops and theirs was only good for recycling............not for building.

Was hoping that someone might have some laying around that they wanted to make use of before it rusted away, as things do here................

Speaking of roasting chicken..........the wife told me how they roast a chicken in Issan and I will try it some day.

They call it 'peep gai' and here's the recipe...............

Kill and gut chicken, remove feathers, then jam it onto a bamboo stuck in the ground, cover it with a 'peep' [that's the 20lt tin boxes that they sell cooking oil in large quantity] and cover the peep and chicken with rice straw and light it on fire and it's done perfectly in less than 15 minutes. One day, I'll try it.

• Like 2

Sorry about the misspelling..........coops, but maybe in LOS it IS chicken Coups

Shading will shade, but I also have to think about the rainy season [if we ever get one this year].

I did try a few local recycling shops and theirs was only good for recycling............not for building.

Was hoping that someone might have some laying around that they wanted to make use of before it rusted away, as things do here................

Speaking of roasting chicken..........the wife told me how they roast a chicken in Issan and I will try it some day.

Kill and gut chicken, remove feathers, then jam it onto a bamboo stuck in the ground, cover it with a 'peep' [that's the 20lt tin boxes that they sell cooking oil in large quantity] and cover the peep and chicken with rice straw and light it on fire and it's done perfectly in less than 15 minutes. One day, I'll try it.

Dont tell anyone but I have tried it and it beats KFC.licklips.gif

We live in Ban Thi, SE of CM. Many shops here sell second hands roofs. Send me a PM if interested.

Just redid our coop/coup with seconds hands ourselves.

R'tje

Thanks R,

I just sent you the following PM that I'll share with the open forum...........

Do you remember how much per foot/meter the 2nd hand roofing was?? The reason I ask is that I just found out that a local hardware shop here is selling new for 14THB per lineal foot and a lineal foot is 2 ft wide...............kinda hard to beat that.