Jaruvan seeks time to respond to complaint

Lite Beer

Jaruvan seeks time to respond to complaint
Chanikarn Phumhiran
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Khunying Jaruvan Maintaka has asked the Election Commission (EC) to give her more time before she can respond to a complaint filed against her.

Veera Yeephrae, the Bangkok EC chairman, said Jaruvan wanted more time because the summonses were sent to her registered household address, but she lives in another house, so delivery of the letter was delayed.

The complaint was filed by the June 24 Democracy Group on April 4, which claimed that Jaruvan had won the March 30 election because appointed Senator Paiboon Nititawan voiced his support for her on the anti-government rally stage in Lumpini Park.

Paiboon allegedly called on people to vote for her so she could join forces with other

senators to uproot the "Thaksin [shinawatra] regime".

Jaruvan will be responding to the complaint next week.

According to the election law, Senate candidates are not allowed to campaign for votes.

Meanwhile, Veera said the Bangkok EC office will need to complete the investigation within 30 days of the election, and if it has not been completed by April 29, it will go ahead and endorse the candidates except those that may be disqualified.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-19

Why does she have so many addresses? Better dig up her financial too. However being a Christian, I don't think she is corrupted, as it is against the teaching in the Bible.

Maybe she has so many addresses to confuse the people who like to throw grenades and shoot up house of those who do not agree with them

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Luckily my registered address is in the arctic tundra and I live in Thailand, so I still haven't got the summons for the mass murders I committed in 1962.

That post office burnt down long ago, I think I know you , do you wear a fur coat and UGG boots, in Thailand

• Like 1

Why should anyone be punished for something that another person did which was out of their control?

Someone speaks foolish words and someone else is punished.... I don't get it.

Also, why is one poster claiming her finances should be investigated just because she has a second home?..... I have a second home, but I don't have incredible amounts of money.... and who is to say they are both owned?... One could be rented.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Luckily my registered address is in the arctic tundra and I live in Thailand, so I still haven't got the summons for the mass murders I committed in 1962.

That post office burnt down long ago, I think I know you , do you wear a fur coat and UGG boots, in Thailand

Nah, your confusing me with one of my huskies.

Only raincoats for me in Thailand. Sometime too tight.

• Like 2

this is the same person being investigated for pressuring Thai Airways to provide free travel for her children to go to Europe and that she appointed her son as her secretary...both cases when she was a senior govt auditor. And she is a nominee for NACC?. Defies believe.

• Like 1

More feeble excuses. That "contempt of court/commission" thing needs to be used more often.

Feeble excuse, ok sure , the fact is that many Thai people have their family home as their address, which is often not their residential address so it's quite possible that she did not get the document.

• Like 2

The main words in use in Thai legal circles these days seems to be ' postponement ', ' extension ', ' delay ', ' not appearing personally ' and so on.

It's time judges, commissions etc grew a pair and said NO and in the event of non-appearances ' be here or a warrant will be issued ' but TIT.

They can't even catch that criminal Thaksin! yet they spend weekends with him in HK whistling.gif

Edited by ggold
  • Like 2

The main words in use in Thai legal circles these days seems to be ' postponement ', ' extension ', ' delay ', ' not appearing personally ' and so on.

It's time judges, commissions etc grew a pair and said NO and in the event of non-appearances ' be here or a warrant will be issued ' but TIT.

...but the common procedure here is: ' be here or a warrant will be issued- next week'

• Like 1

More feeble excuses. That "contempt of court/commission" thing needs to be used more often.

Feeble excuse, ok sure , the fact is that many Thai people have their family home as their address, which is often not their residential address so it's quite possible that she did not get the document.

True. However it's been in all the news that this would happen and she also knew the document was on the way, so again, feeble excuse.

• Like 1

According to the election law, Senate candidates are not allowed to campaign for votes.

How does that work with all the billboards that were all over the place saying vote for whatever candidate with put X beside their name ?

Surely these were campaign posters and part of campaigning.

Why issue a warrant just disqualify her for the position. After all that is what it is all about.

Don't defend your self and expect to be found guilty.

Or give her more time that is what the Constitutional court died with Yingluck.

I fail to see the criminality in her not showing up.

On a smaller scale similar to Chalerm not cutting his head off. His choice Her choice.

As for different addresses how many has Yingluck got?

I have three perfectly legal ones my self.

Edited by northernjohn
  • Like 1

this is the same person being investigated for pressuring Thai Airways to provide free travel for her children to go to Europe and that she appointed her son as her secretary...both cases when she was a senior govt auditor. And she is a nominee for NACC?. Defies believe.

Maybe I misread it. I thought she was a candidate for a senate seat.

Are the NACC elected positions. Seems to me that would leave the interpretation of the constitution open to people who can't even read.whistling.gif

How does that work with all the billboards that were all over the place saying vote for whatever candidate with put X beside their name ?

Surely these were campaign posters and part of campaigning.

An excellent point.

Why issue a warrant just disqualify her for the position. After all that is what it is all about.

Don't defend your self and expect to be found guilty.

Or give her more time that is what the Constitutional court died with Yingluck.

I fail to see the criminality in her not showing up.

On a smaller scale similar to Chalerm not cutting his head off. His choice Her choice.

As for different addresses how many has Yingluck got?

I have three perfectly legal ones my self.

I was talking in general not her specifically.

I wonder if it would work at Immigration?

I wonder if it would work at Immigration?

The only criteria so far seems to be announce a warrant will be applied for well in advance to give the accused or suspect enough time to make travel plans.

Immigration went to red alert days AFTER the warrant for Ko Tee was issued.

They can't even catch that criminal Thaksin! yet they spend weekends with him in HK whistling.gif

Absolutely disgraceful and in a half decently run country would cost them their jobs, at least.

What is anyone to think seeing a picture of the National Police Chief having a decoration pinned on his uniform by Mr. T then returning to LoS to run the fight against crime ?

Does anyone know what the award was ? Maybe ' The Order of Thaksin Sycophants First Class with Brown Envelope ' OR ' Employee of the Month ' Mr. T style.

• Like 2