Confused about 3G Frequencies

JackisBack

Currently I use a non Android mobile phone with a TrueMove-H SIM ( Comfortable SIM ) the phone has the following radio frequencies ,

GSM 900/1800 MHz

WCDMA 850/900/2100 MHz

where I live I have a good signal strength for TrueMove-H , but very poor signal strength for Dtac / AIS / TOT , so I am really only able to use TrueMove-H / 3 G .

I am looking at buying a new Android mobile phone

The two new Android mobile phones I'm really interested in have the following frequencies

GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

UMTS 900/2100 MHz

GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

UMTS 900/1900/2100 MHz

Both the above new mobile phone 's frequencies do not show the 3G 850Mhz band that my current mobile phone has

so a few questions

1. if my current non Android mobile phone is using TrueMove-H , could it be only using the 3G 850Mhz band

2. if I purchased any of the two new Android phones shown above , how sure can I be that because the 3G 850MHz frequency is missing , it would work with my current TrueMove-H SIM

When I look at the TrueMove-H information on my current non Android mobile phone it shows this -

[ Operator ] TRUE-H

[MCC/MNC]

[sERVICE] WCDMA

[sTATUS ] FULL SERVICE

I do not want to buy a new Android mobile phone and find out that there's a problem using it with my current TrueMove-H SIM , because there's a difference between the frequencies on my current mobile phone and the frequencies on the new mobile phone .

any help appreciated

What exactly is your current non-android phone? (Is it not a smartphone?)

Naming your intended new phone possibilities might be useful too. Your shortlisted phones don't look right for True. Yes you could be only using 850, and 850 continues to be important notwithstanding the promotion of 2100.

Things are pretty complicated but the shorthand i rely on is this:

The "GSM" frequencies listed are relevant for voice calls. The "UMTS" frequencies listed are important for 3G data internet access. Because modern phones have so many GSM bands by default they basically work everywhere for *voice* calls, and don't usually need to be considered. The issue is always 3G data - and your new buys don't have 850 UMTS. And why buy an Android smartphone if you're not gonna use the internet?