2 Teenagers Arrested For Khaosan Road Murder

Lite Beer

2 Teenagers Arrested For Khaosan Road Murder

13978885501397888880l.jpg

By Khaosod English.

BANGKOK - Two teenagers have been arrested in connection with the lethal stabbing of an eighth-grade schoolboy on Khaosan Road during Songkran.

14-year old Rangsirit Pimpa was reportedly participating in water fights with his friends on Khaosan Road, which was crowded with Thai and foreign revelers, on 14 April when a fight broke out between his friends and a large group of teenagers in the area.

Witnesses said three assailants set on Rangsirit, stabbing him in his neck. The boy was rushed to hospital but ultimately died from the wound.

The case attracted much attention after Rangsirit's sister published details about Rangsirit's death on the social network, asking the public and the media to help her family ensure the case is handled justly.

Today Pol.Lt.Col. Somyot Udomraksasap, deputy commander of Chanasongkram Police Station, said the police have arrested two suspects in connection with the murder. The suspects are said to be 15 and 17 years old.

Pol.Lt.Col. Somyot said both suspects have been charged with manslaughter, carry of weapons into residential areas, and violation of the Internal Security Act.

The third man said to be involved in the murder has not been arrested as there is insufficient evidence to implicate his involvement, Pol.Lt.Col Somyot said.

The officer added that the arrested suspects have denied the allegation, but he said the police have ample evidence to prove their alleged crime.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1397888550&section=12

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-04-19

These brawls have happened every year since I got here in 2011.
Shame.

A fight is a fight and that's difficult to stop between young men. C'es la vie.
But that next step, where you think you can stab someone and have little fear of being caught, that's on the authorities and society at large.

• Like 1

The third man said to be involved in the murder has not been arrested as there is insufficient evidence to implicate his involvement, Pol.Lt.Col Somyot said.

Pol.Lt.Col. Somyot said both suspects have been charged with manslaughter

Already going for half price?

• Like 1

Thai teens at it again, something to do with lack of parential everything (list too long)

Something seriously wrong here even the Costa's never had this, shame they will only be sent to a correctional unit , bluff their way there and get pardoned .

Amazing what !

Can't think of anywhere else I would rather not be in songkran than Khaosan Road!! On the plus side, at least the soap dodging farangs who go down there have had 1 bath this year.

Khaosan Road is way more preferable than some of the sleazy areas such as Nana - now that where the dirty little farangs hang out imo!

At Songkran? Guess that largely depends what sort of t!ts you like seeing...... Guess you like soapdodging t!ts more than bouncy ones.

Edited by JeremyBowskill

A lot of crimes never get solved by Thai Police, but every time there is pressure put on them through any media, crimes are solved incredibly quick.

In the article it says: The boys deny the allegations but Police says it has enough evidence.

It always makes me wonder, is it real or are they being framed ?

I only hope they have caught the real killers and that they will be put to trial swiftly !

RIP to the 14 year old victim and loads of strength to his parents !!

• Like 1

I was invited by some Thai friends to go with them to KSR this year.

The street was packed and we were in the crowd shuffling slowly forward when perhaps 10 meters behind us people started screaming and then the crowd started to stampede....

I managed to pull my Thai friend and his girlfriend to the side of the street, we were being crushed against the (closed) shop fronts and people were obviously in distress. I thought maybe someone had pulled a gun or something but noone seemed to know what made the crowd stampede.

We eventually managed to move and got down a small side alley.

After hiding out in the alley we ventured back into the main street. The road was littered with flip flops and shoes people had lost in the panic.....

My friends and I then went and found a bar to sit out the rest of the evening.

I'm guessing this stabbing was what caused the panic and the stampede. I'm honestly amazed no-one else was injured.

I was in the crowd in Lan Kwai Fong in Hong Kong on New Year 1993 when 21 people were killed and 63 injured so being caught in this stampede in KSR brought back memories of that.....

Such a sad thing to happen when so much people are having fun and the time of their lives and this poor kid has his life snuffed out by other kids shocking children murdering children thought these type of things only happened in America.

The street was packed and we were in the crowd shuffling slowly forward when perhaps 10 meters behind us people started screaming and then the crowd started to stampede....

I managed to pull my Thai friend and his girlfriend to the side of the street, we were being crushed against the (closed) shop fronts and people were obviously in distress. I thought maybe someone had pulled a gun or something but noone seemed to know what made the crowd stampede.

After hiding out in the alley we ventured back into the main street. The road was littered with flip flops and shoes people had lost in the panic.....

I'm guessing this stabbing was what caused the panic and the stampede. I'm honestly amazed no-one else was injured.

I was in the crowd in Lan Kwai Fong in Hong Kong on New Year 1993 when 21 people were killed and 63 injured so being caught in this stampede in KSR brought back memories of that.....

Not to make light of your story, but please can you post your new years movements on here for the next say 10 years? Just so we all get fair warning where you are going and can avoid it like the plague.

You should be alright, there were 21 years between the 2 events I was caught up in.

Pol.Lt.Col. Somyot said both suspects have been charged with manslaughter

Already going for half price?

Thjey can always recharge later

Stabbing someone in (or close to) the jugular vein and spinal cord is not murder?

But they are just kids in a movie right?

MORE Training needed again

Social behaviour

Civilised behaviour

Consequence

RESPECT

(Buddhism?)

Yes many worldwide cities have knife crime - drug/gang related by "miss-fits"

Can't think of anywhere else I would rather not be in songkran than Khaosan Road!! On the plus side, at least the soap dodging farangs who go down there have had 1 bath this year.

Khaosan Road is way more preferable than some of the sleazy areas such as Nana - now that where the dirty little farangs hang out imo!

At Songkran? Guess that largely depends what sort of t!ts you like seeing...... Guess you like soapdodging t!ts more than bouncy ones.

I went to Khaosan and Soi Rambutree on Sunday afternoon and it was 75% Thais and up until around 5pm it wasn't too busy. I'd definitely say the girls round there were hotter than the (mainly) ropey nana bargirls.

• Like 1

We were all young and wild once.

But we didn't go around stabbing and killing people.

Hope these little outcasts go to jail for life.

Because when they grow up they will kill more people.

RIP little boy.

Some years juvenile prison!

"The third man said to be involved in the murder has not been arrested as there is insufficient evidence to implicate his involvement, Pol.Lt.Col Somyot said."

Meaning: the third person's family is rich? Or the family of a policeman?

Edited by atsiii

Interesting, but why bother to go there?

I was in Bangkok over Songkhran and my lower Sukhumvit surroundings Soi 11/1 was good quiet, I passed by NANA Plaza only on Motorbike, would not dare to go there at that crazy days! tongue.png

I went to Khaosan and Soi Rambutree on Sunday afternoon and it was 75% Thais and up until around 5pm it wasn't too busy. I'd definitely say the girls round there were hotter than the (mainly) ropey nana bargirls.

Personally, I would rather stick pins in my tezzers and trap them on a revolving door than go to either. Horses for courses though.