Orthopedic Doctor Chiang Mai

rhinoboy

I had ORIF surgery done outside of Thailand three months ago after I was hit from behind on a motorcycle by a minivan. I then needed to have some follow up, cleaning etc and the hardware removed and went in circles here with five doctors and three hospitals until I finally found a good one. His name is Chanakarn and he is at Rajavej. At Ram I was told to see an older fellow, after I initially saw some younger fellow ( I dont want to write their names ) there who barely had time to do anything excpet ring the bell for the next patient. While there with the first fellow, I was suppsed to have had the dressings on my skin graft cleaned and replaced. Instead, the nurse simply poured red liquid over the exisitng bandages and said "Mi Pen Rai". Then, later to the senior doctor, and I spent the first consultation, a whole hour with him and although he is quite an older fellow I found him very knowledgable and thorough and I could see his genius, although maybe time to retire?. He then scheduled another appointment through his younger wife ( yes, she works in the office with him ) two weeks later. When I returned for the next appointment he had no recollection of who I was or what we had taked about, zilch! Keep in mind I am throughout this seeking out someone to cut me open and remove hardware from my body. So I then went to Lanna and saw a fellow about mid 50's and he seemed OK, although there was nothing really caring or in depth about the meetings. I had staples and sticthes removed there. But when I got home I saw that they forgot to remove one of the staples so I had to remove it with a pair of needle nose. Those suckers are strong, stainless steel. They also left part of some stitch in there which got infected. The doctor never set foot in the room while his staff were doing this. Both times I went there, I was prescribed the most expensive medcation they had for sale including vitamin B tablets for 800 baht and antibiotics for 1000baht. That also happened at Ram. Over this period of three months these have been some of my experiences. As far as cost, Ram is by far the most expenisve. Chanakarn was born in the USA, spent four years at University of Michigan Ann Arbor, one of the top schools in the world and speaks flawless English, ( American, sorry Brittunculi ). There is more to this if anyone wants to PM me.