Grundfos MQ-45

pattayapip

I have a Grundfos MQ-45 which has started to play up, keeps cutting out every 15 seconds or so when under load, according to the Literature

I have from Grundfos this would suggest a controller, Flow Sensor or Pressure Switch Problem.

So - - I want to buy a new one and once replaced send the old one for repair to Grundfos, But - - - - Cannot find one for sale anywhere in the Pattaya area, Homepro list them as being out of stock and not able to order ? Does anyone know where I can buy one of these Pumps locally? Pattaya Area?

Any Help appreciated thanks

Actually I have two units sitting under kitchen table. If you buy a new unit would highly recommend the new tank models such as CMB3. Much less running time, very quiet and much smaller. Same great water pressure but without the on tap wait for pressure to start. I ran into issues with water being too hot to allow pump to operate with the MQ45 (but may just be defective unit as has been repaired and never quiet after that was done).

Thanks for the info, have already transferred the money !! blink.png

I think if I remember rightly you have contributed a fair bit to the Grundfos Threads (Not checked but it rings a bell) and to be honest, apart from now have never had a problem or any cause to criticise them, it has been great, not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Both Storage Tanks and Pump inside so have no problems with High Temps

Will research CMB3 though

Thanks again

Edited by pattayapip

I have indeed liked them but since repair during the floods (not sure that they had access to new parts) unit being used has not been as powerful as new and much louder (but still quiet compared to other brands). Indeed I was surprised at how much better I like the new model. It can be adjusted to the pressure you want, unlike the MQ45 and with one tap running the pump only seems to be on about 30% of the time (much longer off than on - and seems to get to full pressure much faster). Last year started to have high temp cut out (can reset manually) in evenings when many taking shower after very hot days - built roof over tanks so no direct sun but had it happen several times again this year (when got hot again). Tried using the spare unit and would not start (likely frozen shaft but unable get it free using instructions in manual) so ask what model another member had bought and found it was older model of the CMB3 series so decided to try it as did miss having a pressure tank of more than teacup size.

Thanks again for the feedback, it is always good to know comparable alternatives, I have never experienced those faults fortunately or for sure I would have explored other options, I know also that during the flood their factory was badly affected, as I too had a repair done at that time that took forever (4 Months) I was away at work at the time when it malfunctioned (Not even sure to be honest what went wrong) but the wife replaced it with a high flow expensive Hitachi Model, which to be fair did the job but was slightly less powerful than the Grundfos.

Long story short - - Built a New House and installed the Grundfos here, which fitted very neatly inside the Utility room which has full cover and a good airflow through the room. Have only been in this house 1 Month and until a couple of days ago the Pump worked perfectly, so I guess after the repair it lasted only a Month ! (This also repaired during the floods) Everything works perfectly apart from when under load it cuts out briefly every 15 seconds, which in the Grundfos material I have says it is a controller, Flow Sensor or Pressure Switch Problem, Grundfos Engineer from Bangkok confirmed this when he heard it via Phone call.

Could not find one at all in Pattaya, although HomePro list them on their website they always show no stock, so I called Bangkok who will deliver the new one today, take out the old one and install the new, and then take it for repair, which when done will leave me one unit for a spare.

But - - - Should it malfunction again I will indeed try the different model you suggest, but fingers crossed it will continue to provide a great service as before.

Many thanks again for your feedback

Cheers

Edit - Spell

Edited by pattayapip