Abhisit says election is not answer, warns of coup

webfact

what a loser, still no solutions, just some mumbling about a "discussion".

whats he still doing in politics, he is doing more damage than good, besides shouldn't he be preparing his defense for the murder charges he is up against ?

I SEE SO HE SHOWS WHAT THAILAND NEEDS and he is no Good

Yingluck runs from all he and her part corruption and you think she is great

Funny world we live in with comments like yours

• Like 1

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lance Armstrong won 7 times the Tour de France.

Thaksin's Parties won the elections and have been disqualified (sometimes)

The Dems only want an Antidoping System for the next elections.

who needs doping when its lance armstrong vs a sore loser suffering from political paralysis ?

Edited by moonao
  • Like 2

whats he still doing in politics, he is doing more damage than good, besides shouldn't he be preparing his defense for the murder charges he is up against ?

There seems to be little interest in the trumped up murder charges which most agree wont fly, most are still waiting for answers as to why thaksin a convicted criminal on the run was issued a passport.

shhhhhhh the red shirt supporters on TVF do not like this question

it embarresses them as they can not answer

Not sure if this chap understands how silly he sounds when he, as the the head of the Democratic party, says that elections are "not the answer"?

Maybe he should first frame the question, then offer a solution. Clearly not the best, nor the brightest, so much for the allure of an Old Etonian.

I think most intelligent VF feel the same, with all the facts now clear to see

sorry to see that leave you out

we all agree we need another election in Thailand

but not an election that is done in an undemocratic way and then called democracy

In Boxing this is called a fixed fight

read the facts available you not need notes written for you to memorise

You are so naive! Do you recall Khun Abhisit admitting his party bought votes at the last election they contested? On his own admission, it did no good because they still lost. What the Dems want is to be installed in power without the bother of winning an election. That is all they want and they will continue spoiling it for ordinary Thais and stealing elections from them until they get what they want.

Khun Abhisit chose his words very carefully. He is not stupid, even if some his decisions have been daft. What he is saying loud and clear that if there is another election there is a high probability of a coup d'etat before the voting is completed. Why else would he have made such a clear reference to 2006?

Another red lie.

Korn said the Dems spent more than PT, there was no indication that any of that money was spent buying votes.

What it does show is that the Dems are honest enough to say they spent more cash.

It should also be noted that this was official spending from the budgets allocated to each party and does not include any hidden spending from other sources.

PT used vilification of Abhisit and Suthep, unsustainable policy and intimidation rather than spending official cash.

• Like 1

There seems to be little interest in the trumped up murder charges which most agree wont fly, most are still waiting for answers as to why thaksin a convicted criminal on the run was issued a passport.

It is pretty quiet around the murder charges case, since the slain nurse mother insisted that Tarrit should stand together with Abhisit and Suthep.

I wonder why that is.

• Like 1

So here is a true Democratic approach to dealing with Mr. Abhisit. (He is not a true Democrat).

1. Dems and the PT can list their proposed Reform ideas as a Platform to run on for the next election

2. Maybe there are many Public debates between party leaders / folks running for goverment to voice each party's points of view / reasoning?

3. Each party then runs and voters assess and determine who to vote for based on the Political party's platform.

This is True Democracy.

Don't be fooled.....Abhisit is simply a minority trying to change more laws (Same as he did during prior Coups') in hopes of gaining more leverage for when they lose in this upcoming election. I suppose instead of changing your platform to get votes, you just try to hold the country hostage til you can change laws.

Do we not agree, laws/rules should be changed by elected officials. Oh..I'm sorry..thats called a true Democracy.

• Like 1

Very democratic solution.

Elections are not the answer!

Quite sad if this is the best person this party can find as a leader!

Totally true and very smart as he knows it won't be a democratic election with PT vote buying and Redshirt intimidation and stand over tactics on how to vote at the ballot box

You are so naive! Do you recall Khun Abhisit admitting his party bought votes at the last election they contested? On his own admission, it did no good because they still lost. What the Dems want is to be installed in power without the bother of winning an election. That is all they want and they will continue spoiling it for ordinary Thais and stealing elections from them until they get what they want.

Khun Abhisit chose his words very carefully. He is not stupid, even if some his decisions have been daft. What he is saying loud and clear that if there is another election there is a high probability of a coup d'etat before the voting is completed. Why else would he have made such a clear reference to 2006?

Another red lie.

Korn said the Dems spent more than PT, there was no indication that any of that money was spent buying votes.

What it does show is that the Dems are honest enough to say they spent more cash.

It should also be noted that this was official spending from the budgets allocated to each party and does not include any hidden spending from other sources.

PT used vilification of Abhisit and Suthep, unsustainable policy and intimidation rather than spending official cash.

There is no way that the desert dwelling fugitive would issue a balance sheet detailing the money coming from his own pocket in pursuit of a fair and democratic election.

Come on red supporters, lets hear it now 1- 2 - 3, bleat bleat, spin - spin, lie - lie.

Edited by Artisi

Even Khaosod can't colour Abhisit's words. They are just too carefully chosen. Abhisit is right. You can't enter an election under the current divisions and expect anything other than February 2 all over again. In a way, one has the naughty desire for Pheu Thai's supporters to get their wish and see what would happen in the event of an election where presumably the vote was not blocked. Do they not realize that Bangkok and the South would deliver strong " no " pluralities that would overwhelm local candidacies ? Forget a 95 % quorum. An 80 % quorum would be utterly out of reach. And what would their argument be then ? There is no escaping it - at the end of the day - Pheu Thai is going to have to sit down and talk. In other words, the last thing they like doing.

no it would not: if there are 2 candidates the no votes have no effect.

Depends upon how the 2 candidate votes a pre-played out and bought, of course,.. pending 15 years of totally corrupt voting?

Edited by Thaiisnotrequired

Becasue Khaosad is red and they like to twist words in translation, like Suthep's "hey guys, ..and I'm gonna have firing squads that can kill anyone I want! " comment not long ago. I doubt Abhisit used the adjectives "smooth problem free" elections to describe what is wrong with elections at this time.

But if he did, would be interesting, is there a Thai version of his comments?

Otherwise, I assume it's just more Sadkhao narrative for the naive.

Edited by rabas

A corrupt judicial system of course.. Next

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So corrupt that they refused to take Thaksins pastry box bribe

Well some one did , did they not? And by the way the cake bid was dismissed in court. Oh crap I'm being a hypocrite lol... Next

As usual in there with your hand high waving a flag saying look at me I know nothing. The Bangkok post actually said that all Shinawatra's will with draw from politics if justice is returned to the people. If all Shinawatra's withdraw from the government what about his paid stooge's?

If he with draws them also justice will automatically be returned to the people. In my opinion and not pointing fingers any one that thinks an election now with no changes will make every thing good is a complete idiot. Remember I am stating my opinion not pointing fingers.

My opinion stands if the Democrats or one of the small parties win it will still not solve the political situation in Thailand. The PTP has had control for abut 2 and 1/2 years and the only changes they have made harm the Thais. Higher family debt. Higher prices non payment to rice growers and new car buyers reduction in the teaching standards in the schools. For sure that has to end and the only way is to reform the government so it can not do things like that. Not going to happen with a Shinawatra and there extended family including the red shirts in the picture

Besides that I think Thaksin is looking for a way out and save face at the same time. He knows as things stand now he can not win.

Very selective memory totally invalidates any argurement you have!

I am not responsible for your selective memory.

Have you had it for a long period of time or is it just a recent development?

• Like 1

So corrupt that they refused to take Thaksins pastry box bribe
Well some one did , did they not? And by the way the cake bid was dismissed in court. Oh crap I'm being a hypocrite lol... Next

IIRC, the lawyer who gave the pastry-box served time for it, didn't he ? wink.png

Now who was he representing, in court ? whistling.gif

• Like 1

Are you referring to Thaksin?

Writing is on the wall

We can't win an election, the army doesn't want to ......... so a coup - judicial coup will be the path. And we hope everyone just accepts it and lets us rule

biggrin.png

As over half the population does not support the dems, PDRC and PAD, I would suggest moving funds offshore if you haven't already. When this happens the thai baht will take a major 5 point hit as it will be long term instability and sadly violence.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Have you thought about a career in politics? You seem to think you have an inside understanding of what "most" are thinking and what people are "interested in". How can you lose?

Could say the same for YOU snigger snigger!!!!

Not sure if this chap understands how silly he sounds when he, as the the head of the Democratic party, says that elections are "not the answer"?

Maybe he should first frame the question, then offer a solution. Clearly not the best, nor the brightest, so much for the allure of an Old Etonian.

If his post makes him look dull - just read yours again!!!

• Like 2

My answers are not why just a passport, but also charges for his attack on Thailand, the Thai Army and the Thai people in 2010. Shows how far above the law and Constitution these Pheu Thai criminals are.

• Like 1

My answers are not why just a passport, but also charges for his attack on Thailand, the Thai Army and the Thai people in 2010. Shows how far above the law and Constitution these Pheu Thai criminals are.

Please let me correct that for you

Shows how far above the law and Constitution these Pheu Thai criminals think they are.

Please have some more patience.

• Like 2