Phuket Police believe French national killed during robbery

webfact

Police believe French national killed during robbery
Phuket Gazette

_20144211720319_oeHMHvbYEsbSduWfFIzuORaj
CCTV footage shows two men in the resort at about the time the killing, one of whom was carrying a white towel believed to be concealing stolen property. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- Police believe a French national found dead in his rented Phuket bungalow on Friday was killed in the midst of a robbery.

Officers are now working on identifying two suspects recorded by the resort’s CCTV cameras.

The body of Fabrice Boigeol, 37, was found lying in a pool of blood partially under a stripped mattress in a room at the Moragot Resort in Rawai (story here).

“Mr Boigeol’s room looked as though it had been ransacked, so we believe he was killed during a robbery,” said Phuket Provincial Police Deputy Commander Peerayut Karajedee.

“While searching the room, we found a laptop charger, but could not find the laptop. We also noticed that the bungalow next to Mr Boigeol’s showed signs of a break-in – the door knob to the room was broken.”

Police checked the resort’s CCTV and found footage of two men, whom the receptionist did not recognize, in the hotel about the time they believe the killing occurred.

“We can see two men on CCTV, one of whom was carrying a white towel. We believe the towel was used to conceal stolen property,” said Col Peerayut.

“We are working on identifying the suspects. We will check more CCTV footage in the area for any information that might lead us to them.”

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Police-believe-French-national-killed-during-robbery/29200#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2014-04-21

Really? A tourist murdered and yet no MANHUNT?

Really? No reading ability?...

“We are working on identifying the suspects. We will check more CCTV footage in the area for any information that might lead us to them.”

• Like 1

Seriously. Island of death. No matter how you look at it if there is a murder it's in Puket. No police protection. But plenty of Police corruption........

True, on the phuket forum you will see all kinds of things happening in phuket. On other forums youlll see things happening elsewhere.

RIP. Horrible. Don't know how the perpetrators came in, but especially in touristy parts of Thailand I never accept a bungalow/room where the door cannot be bolted from the inside.

I have way over a kilo of keys that I don't use anymore, and to my experience I can open any door just trying one key after another. There are many out there who would have quicker methods.

Just a thought but they don't seem to target locals when they consider these robberies because locals have guns and we don't. We all know that nobody wants to bring a knife to a gunfight.

So locals never get burgled or robbed? Of course they do, it just doesn't get much coverage in the English language press.

Just a thought but they don't seem to target locals when they consider these robberies because locals have guns and we don't. We all know that nobody wants to bring a knife to a gunfight.

So locals never get burgled or robbed? Of course they do, it just doesn't get much coverage in the English language press.

Agreed totally. My point was that they are not quite so blase or confident when doing it to their own.

Agreed totally. My point was that they are not quite so blase or confident when doing it to their own.

And you base that on what?

Foreigners are a more high value target.

If you are going to do the crime, you my as well make it a bigger pay day.

One of the reasons is a forigner, usually a tourist, will hop on a plane and go home 10 days later. Most never come back to give evidence in Court, especilly over property theft.

Edited by NamKangMan

Seriously. Island of death. No matter how you look at it if there is a murder it's in Puket. No police protection. But plenty of Police corruption........

I agree too much police corruption, no doubt and that doesn't help the situation.

I am making a few assumptions here but the fact that they tried another door as well suggests they were opportunist burglars, which apparently most are.. Also as they took the laptop without the charger they were not too clever, this might suggest it was drug related.

(i got burgled once in the UK by 2 guys who smashed a window, grabbed the laptop but left the charger. The police caught them and they were addicts looking for money, simple as that.)

The real tragedy here though is that a man lost his life over a laptop, really sad. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.