Truevisions renumbering

Rorri

spambot, on 24 Apr 2014 - 15:00, said:

I am totally confused what the channel numbers you guys are referring to.

I get my supply from a common supply that feeds into all the condos where I live and hence I have no box to act upon - Hence I used the functions on the remote >Menu>Setup>Auto Tune -> And I end up with numbers 1 to 28 filled with the channels. 

I have now lost movies Channel and KBS world and now http://www.foxtvasia.com/Programmes/NCIS/Guide is dubbed in Thai language where before it was English (American) - But I have no clue how I can do anything other than auto tune from the remote control - Since there are a couple of experts in this thread so I know I am in good hands when I ask this question!

I would suspect your problem with NCIS is that someone has played with the set top box, where you can select Thai or English, have a talk to the condo manager, why you have lost the movie channels I can't guess, need to know the set up for the condo's, some have channel multiplexers that take one frequency and change it up or down, if this is the case then a tech will need to be called in as the multiplexers may not 1) be in the right frequency range or 2) need to be re-set up.

• Like 1

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

pizzachang, on 24 Apr 2014 - 15:44, said:

Having to key in 3 digits is a bit of a nuisance...since few people actually have 689 channels - maybe no one.  I sure hope True figures out a way to allow customers to eliminate all useless channels, i.e. channels that a subscriber did not purchase or channels that a paying customer choses not to EVER watch.

Yeah, I always find it strange that "Favourites" doesn't seem to work. On my TV I can set favourites o remove unwanted ch's, then only skip through my favaorites, I don't understand why the Truevisions HD box (Samsung) doesn't have a decent "Favourites" menu.

PC Wong, on 24 Apr 2014 - 16:13, said:

Maybe there are many reasons that the new channel numbering system needs to be adopted and a 10 hour window is required to have the work done. It is hard to judge if they are appropriate without all the background information in the process. I am not in the industry so I would accept it. Unfortunately, as a customer, I really feel (once again) that I am on my own to survive an(other) event. Such sophisticated numbering system could not be just the results of an overtime meeting or an overnight project; they knew which channel would be converted to which new channel days and weeks before but no helpful information FOR the users was provided to the users. A simple conversion chart of old and new channels as hard copy in their monthly TV guide or as pdf on their homepage for downloading could have saved them from many complaints and time to deal with these complaints (such as phone calls).

One may think this is simply just another example of "users are left out in the planning" and foreigners are complaining again. Frankly speaking, I never expect things be the same here in Thailand as back home, however, just spending a little bit more time and have a bit empathy towards the users - sharing information and communicating a bit more effectively - can make their hard work valued and outcome better. ...or the Airport Rail Link train maintenance may not take one year (http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/404386/rail-link-s-phaya-thai-line-suspended) ...... the wireless electricity is coming soon in Bangkok (http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/715463-wireless-electricity-to-be-launched-in-bangkok/ )....

Does history really repeat itself? I hope not.

PC Wong, I hope this helps.

[attachment=263816:TVC - Platinum HD_Old number oder.xls]

Do you often write futile letters that'll neither be considered or answered?

Actually I like the new channel numbering system very much. Yeah, I have to re-learn the new numbers, but that's very easy because now the various channel categories are grouped together (e.g. news channels start at 111, movies at 222, sports at 666, etc., etc.)

Also, once I'm in a category, I can easily go from one channel to another by clicking the channel plus/minus button without having to search through the number keys (e.g., going from 213 (CNN) to 116 (BBC) with two blind clicks. Now I'm able to do most of my channel surfing by touch-typing which is sooo much better than the frustration of trying to click the channel I want in the dark. I bet most ... if not, all ... of you have experienced the same frustration.

Edited by HerbalEd

True is horrible.  Horrible programming, horrible service, horrible...........................

You must have a very wonderful, trouble-free life if you consider things like this to "horrible, horrible, horrible" Count your blessings, because life can get way, way more horrible than a TV that. 

• Like 1

If....DIVA or BBC or whatever the channel name instead of PLAT or GOLD or KNOW as used in their guide it would make much more sense.

I agree. It is stupid to have the large, upper-case GOLD & PLAT block out most or all of a channel's name. 

The new guide

Unfortunately, and no surprise, this guide has inaccurate channels numbers that don't coincide with the actually channel numbers you'll see on your TV.

Edited by HerbalEd

Channel renumbering is akin to supermarket isle reordering. Nothing to do with logic or necessity, more to do with hoping you'll browse past and buy/watch something that you normally wouldn't.

"Channel renumbering is akin to supermarket isle reordering."

090505-033131-308010.jpg    Supermarket isles. An interesting marketing concept.

"Nothing to do with logic ..."

If you think the way things are organized in supermarkets has nothing to do with a well thought out & researched logic, you are indeed wonderfully naive.

Indeed. Product placement in supermarkets, and other stores, is a billion-dollar industry onto itself, which gathers and analyzes massive amounts of scientific data to determine exactly where to place various items. And a store's placement can vary from city to city, neighborhood to neighborhood, according to the a store's shoppers' demographic. 

Also, even more work goes into a product's container and label design. Different fonts, graphics and colors to attract Latinos vs. Anglos vs. Asians, etc.

Personally if they had to change the number sequences they should have grouped the channels by language

as well as subjects, news, sports, movies, etc...thumbsup.gif For now I am totally lost, ( I don't have a printer for the channel list) bah.gif

You don't even have pen and paper to jot down your favorite channels?? Man, you are lost. 

HerbalEd, on 24 Apr 2014 - 17:46, said:

theoldgit, on 22 Apr 2014 - 15:46, said:

The new guide

Unfortunately, and no surprise, this guide has inaccurate channels numbers that don't coincide with the actually channel numbers you'll see on your TV.

Download my spreadsheets, they are only for Platinum package.

Having to key in 3 digits is a bit of a nuisance...since few people actually have 689 channels - maybe no one.  I sure hope True figures out a way to allow customers to eliminate all useless channels, i.e. channels that a subscriber did not purchase or channels that a paying customer choses not to EVER watch.

I find clicking 111 or 222 or 666, etc. is very easy. But I'm a very smart guy. 

• Like 2

HerbalEd, on 24 Apr 2014 - 17:46, said:

theoldgit, on 22 Apr 2014 - 15:46, said:

The new guide

Download my spreadsheets, they are only for Platinum package.

Thanks. Tried to but won't download. Anyway, I've pretty much mastered what I need for now.

Totster, on 24 Apr 2014 - 16:04, said:

Rorri, on 24 Apr 2014 - 15:56, said:

Well totster, that's strange, because I had a look at the old channel listing for the "Platinum" package, and it clearly shows ch 64 BBC Entertainment...no mention of "add on," so why is it now missing and classified as A La Carte.

I always remember seeing it 'greyed out' on the guide, but I assure you, it was never included in platinum or other packages, it had to be purchased as an add on (A La Carte if it pleases you).

Hey, I even found the original article - http://www.truevisionstv.com/news_detail.aspx?news_id=192

totster smile.png

Totster, that is very out-dated...2007, I'll scan a later line up for you...

[attachment=263847:IMG.pdf]

HerbalEd, on 24 Apr 2014 - 18:15, said:HerbalEd, on 24 Apr 2014 - 18:15, said:

pizzachang, on 24 Apr 2014 - 15:44, said:pizzachang, on 24 Apr 2014 - 15:44, said:

I find clicking 111 or 222 or 666, etc. is very easy. But I'm a very smart guy. 

222...mmm, ok so start with a non-excitant channel and also cycle through the non- English ch's from 232 - 239 and Korean ch at 245 and don't forget you also have serials and movies on 336

Ah, if only there was a favourites menu....that works by pressing a Fav. button

Edited by Rorri

Well totster, that's strange, because I had a look at the old channel listing for the "Platinum" package, and it clearly shows ch 64 BBC Entertainment...no mention of "add on," so why is it now missing and classified as A La Carte.

I always remember seeing it 'greyed out' on the guide, but I assure you, it was never included in platinum or other packages, it had to be purchased as an add on (A La Carte if it pleases you).

Hey, I even found the original article - http://www.truevisionstv.com/news_detail.aspx?news_id=192

totster smile.png

attachicon.gifIMG.pdf

It was 2012 / 2555

No need to upload any whatever, it doesn't change the fact that,

1 - BBC Entertainment was never part of Platinum or any other package, it was always 'A La Carte'
2 - It has not been deleted
3 - It's name has not been changed

I'll leave it there, as I really have no idea what you keep going on about. All this talk because some channel numbers have changed. It's always the same, it seems the fuddy duddies can't handle the stress of adjusting to the new numbers, the outrage of it !!

Can you believe one guy posted earlier that it was annoying having to tap in 3 numbers to get a channel.. FFS

You lot are a bunch of pathetic jokers.

totster smile.png Edited by Totster
  • Like 1

If they allowed you to create your favourites by defining channels (i.e. CNN, HBO, etc.) rather than channel numbers then nobody would really care about these updates as your favourites would stay the same whatever channel they move to.

At least if they're moving the stations around then simply change my favourites to the new numbers automatically. It's not rocket science.

A better approach would seem, to me, would be to leave lots of spare slots between program types, eg Thai FTH and similar starts at 1, News starts at 100,Entertainment at 200 etc.

Replying to my own quote.....should have looked more closely at the new channel list. News starts at ch 111, Films at 222 ....Cartoon s at 444.....and Sport at 666.

Maybe less need for full renumbering in future.

How can the Films start at Channel 222 when there is No Channel 222 on my set up. Plus the fact that many of the channels on the Program, Whats On, Section show the completely wrong information. So far it is a shambles. 

^^

Ch 222 (on the HD box) is, for me is True Film HD.

Have attached list of channels that seems to agree with reality, although have not checked that every channel is correct.

Listings for SD and HD boxes included in PDF.

[attachment=263902:PressAD_EN.pdf] 

I binned Truevision and Truemove. 3000Thb/month,repeats, crap sports package, slow 2G internet. I now spend less than 1000Thb, fast Wi-Fi, watch/download anything I want (almost) and great sport 365sport.tv Job's a good 'un :-)

Totster, on 23 Apr 2014 - 14:45, said:

Rorri, on 23 Apr 2014 - 14:37, said:
Some are now classified as "A La Carte" eg old number 64 BBC Entertainment, is NOT on the new Platinum List, but is in fact ch 354 you need to download my excel sheets.

BBC Entertainment has always been a premium 'add on' channel, it was never part of the Platinum line up (since it was reintroduced a couple of years ago).

I really don't understand how you think it has been renamed or deleted... as you say, it's on Ch 354 (and named correctly)

totster smile.png

I don't know what package I have but BBC Entertainment is alive and kicking on my channel 354

[attachment=264022:Numbering.pdf]nonthaburial, on 25 Apr 2014 - 10:52, said:nonthaburial, on 25 Apr 2014 - 10:52, said:

Rorri, on 24 Apr 2014 - 15:56, said:Rorri, on 24 Apr 2014 - 15:56, said:

Totster, on 23 Apr 2014 - 14:45, said:Totster, on 23 Apr 2014 - 14:45, said:

Rorri, on 23 Apr 2014 - 14:37, said:Rorri, on 23 Apr 2014 - 14:37, said:

Some are now classified as "A La Carte" eg old number 64 BBC Entertainment, is NOT on the new Platinum List, but is in fact ch 354 you need to download my excel sheets.

BBC Entertainment has always been a premium 'add on' channel, it was never part of the Platinum line up (since it was reintroduced a couple of years ago).

I really don't understand how you think it has been renamed or deleted... as you say, it's on Ch 354 (and named correctly)

totster smile.png

I don't know what package I have but BBC Entertainment is alive and kicking on my channel 354

Have a very close look at this pdf file, and then tell me that you can find 354... I think if you read ALL my comments you will see that I made reference to it being left off. I know it is on 354, you really should check all my files I so graciously uploaded.

[attachment=264022:Numbering.pdf]

Edited by Rorri

Totster, on 24 Apr 2014 - 21:35, said:

Rorri, on 24 Apr 2014 - 20:23, said:

totster smile.png

attachicon.gifIMG.pdf

It was 2012 / 2555

1 - BBC Entertainment was never part of Platinum or any other package, it was always 'A La Carte'

I'll leave it there, as I really have no idea what you keep going on about. All this talk because some channel numbers have changed. It's always the same, it seems the fuddy duddies can't handle the stress of adjusting to the new numbers, the outrage of it !!

Can you believe one guy posted earlier that it was annoying having to tap in 3 numbers to get a channel.. <deleted>

totster smile.png

A "fuddy duddy" I might be, but hey, you certainly have had your say as well, so welcome to the club. What else can I say, you even deny the truth, even when I presented it to you, or do you think I faked the Platinum package Channel list....

[quote name="Rorri" post="7736436" timestamp="1398425178"]

[quote name="nonthaburial" post="7734116" timestamp="1398397958"]attachicon.gifNumbering.pdfnonthaburial, on 25 Apr 2014 - 10:52, said:nonthaburial, on 25 Apr 2014 - 10:52, said:

[quote name="Rorri" post="7730937" timestamp="1398329819"]Rorri, on 24 Apr 2014 - 15:56, said:Rorri, on 24 Apr 2014 - 15:56, said:
 [quote name="Totster" post="7725875" timestamp="1398239110"]Totster, on 23 Apr 2014 - 14:45, said:Totster, on 23 Apr 2014 - 14:45, said:

[quote name="Rorri" post="7725833" timestamp="1398238639"]Rorri, on 23 Apr 2014 - 14:37, said:Rorri, on 23 Apr 2014 - 14:37, said:
Some are now classified as "A La Carte" eg old number 64 BBC Entertainment, is NOT on the new Platinum List, but is in fact ch 354 you need to download my excel sheets.[/quote]BBC Entertainment has always been a premium 'add on' channel, it was never part of the Platinum line up (since it was reintroduced a couple of years ago).

totster smile.png
 [/quote]Well totster, that's strange, because I had a look at the old channel listing for the "Platinum" package, and it clearly shows ch 64 BBC Entertainment...no mention of "add on," so why is it now missing and classified as A La Carte.[/quote]
 [/quote]
Have a very close look at this pdf file, and then tell me that you can find 354... I think if you read ALL my commaents you will see that I made reference to it being left off. I know it is on 354, you really should check all my files I so graciously uploaded.

attachicon.gifNumbering.pdf[/quote]

Point take however, it's still there to be viewed. Now my angle of approach was taking into account another poster who said this channel would be dropped at the end of this month. Now let's be realistic a broadcaster has to pay for such a programme, and as stated many times BBC E is an add on channel and has to be paid extra for, an extra in my opinion which is totally worth it. So if the rumours are true ( no pun intended ) then it makes sense not listing it for a week.

I am sure readers appreciate your assistance, but your comments of being gracious are smacking of you being pompous, especially so that True have had a running banner telling everyone in Thai and English where their new content can be found. However to placate and stroke you, thank you for your gracious efforts.

• Like 1

Better to dump True Vision and go for internet TV or gray market Vietnam TV at 1/2 the price with better programming. 

Not sure about your grey market vietnam. Here In China, I have both true and Vietnam, and Both are legal and they compliment each other very well, including all live EPL on Vietnam box. I guess at the end of the day it's how much you can afford?

Totster, on 24 Apr 2014 - 21:35, said:

Rorri, on 24 Apr 2014 - 20:23, said:Totster, that is very out-dated...2007, I'll scan a later line up for you...
attachicon.gifIMG.pdf

It was 2012 / 2555

Can you believe one guy posted earlier that it was annoying having to tap in 3 numbers to get a channel.. <deleted>

totster smile.png

A "fuddy duddy" I might be, but hey, you certainly have had your say as well, so welcome to the club. What else can I say, you even deny the truth, even when I presented it to you, or do you think I faked the Platinum package Channel list....

You have never presented only platinum channel list, your img.pdf has all channels, not just platinum and down you can see remark: "channels are  accessible according to the package subscribed."

I assume You have platinum package and You could watch BBCE sometime before?. Maybe You got upgraded for sometime as I got upgraded to platinum from gold. For platinum members they gave ala carte channels. It happen sometimes when they have promotions. I got upgrade last time when I signed up for new channels on truevisiongroup.com. Had platinum  3 months (or 4?) and paid only for gold

• 3 months later...