Living in Phuket

aussielao

PS sorry for the commercial .....I look at property details sheets all day !

Yes, and you make sure we all realise that in every post of yours. IMO a bit more moderation would be better.

When I say "sorry for the commercial " I mean my descriptions of Kathu and Rawai read more like property sales sheet descriptions, but are factually correct, as are all my details.

In terms of my posts, if you don't like them then don't read them, it's quite simple really. I am sure that if I were in breach of the rules that they would be removed.

The question is property related and there is no point in hiding the fact that I have a property agency here and spend all day looking at properties all over the island, so one would think my opinion might be of value to someone asking for advice on where to live in Phuket. Many know their own part of the island, but I am familiar with the whole island so have a different perspective.

Have a nice day.

SDM

Nothing to do with correct or not, and yes, I agree your information can be valuable.

But in every post mentioning you're a property agent IMO is overdone.

Gotta make a livin steven, but agreed, trolling this board for customers is a bit weak.

• Like 2

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, and you make sure we all realise that in every post of yours. IMO a bit more moderation would be better.

When I say "sorry for the commercial " I mean my descriptions of Kathu and Rawai read more like property sales sheet descriptions, but are factually correct, as are all my details.

In terms of my posts, if you don't like them then don't read them, it's quite simple really. I am sure that if I were in breach of the rules that they would be removed.

The question is property related and there is no point in hiding the fact that I have a property agency here and spend all day looking at properties all over the island, so one would think my opinion might be of value to someone asking for advice on where to live in Phuket. Many know their own part of the island, but I am familiar with the whole island so have a different perspective.

Have a nice day.

SDM

Nothing to do with correct or not, and yes, I agree your information can be valuable.

Gotta make a livin steven, but agreed, trolling this board for customers is a bit weak.

+1 he is getting a bit over the top with repeated references to his occupation. Glad the other 100's of agents on the island don't do the same.

• Like 1

Have a nice day.

SDM

I think it's a great lesson for the OP. He should kjnow that everyone one, including foreigners, on Phuket, is "working an angle." biggrin.png

I think it's a great lesson for the OP. He should kjnow that everyone one, including foreigners, on Phuket, is "working an angle." biggrin.png

Thank you for this, it gives me a chance to respond and make a few observations.

Thai Visa is a great site, it brings many people together to share their experiences and knowledge. It also attracts some people who have a little bit of knowledge but want to have some input, the so called armchair/barstool experts. It is true that I comment on many property matters and to qualify my opinion I state that I am an agent, so what I say is based on knowledge and experience as without this my comments really have little value and are just a baseless opinion. I would have thought, in the same way that we have lawyers here to make comments on legal issues, that similar comments from an experienced real estate agent would be welcomed. Anyone who does not wish to read what I have to say has the facility to block me, and I suggest that they do.

However as far as me "working an angle" that is an uncalled for comment. I own a very successful agency in a successful part of London that keeps me very well, and really only set up here because I was bored and stunned at the sharp practices shown by agents here. I bring standards that are expected as a legal necessity to somewhere with little regulation.

You and I have had issues before so I suggest you block me.

Regards

SDM

Thank you for this, it gives me a chance to respond and make a few observations.

Thai Visa is a great site, it brings many people together to share their experiences and knowledge. It also attracts some people who have a little bit of knowledge but want to have some input, the so called armchair/barstool experts. It is true that I comment on many property matters and to qualify my opinion I state that I am an agent, so what I say is based on knowledge and experience as without this my comments really have little value and are just a baseless opinion. I would have thought, in the same way that we have lawyers here to make comments on legal issues, that similar comments from an experienced real estate agent would be welcomed. Anyone who does not wish to read what I have to say has the facility to block me, and I suggest that they do.

However as far as me "working an angle" that is an uncalled for comment. I own a very successful agency in a successful part of London that keeps me very well, and really only set up here because I was bored and stunned at the sharp practices shown by agents here. I bring standards that are expected as a legal necessity to somewhere with little regulation.

Regards

SDM

Oh yes, of course, you probably are the most honest and upstanding principled agent in Phuket....................on a scale of 1-10, 1 being lowest, how would you rate your opinion of yourself? Professionally speaking of course.

• Like 2

I dont care about what age or where people are from as long as good people it doesnt matter.

The main reason for wanting to move to phuket is for a change, we have lived in rayong over two years and pattaya about the same. I am 38 so not old or young some of my good friends are in their 50s both in Australia and Thailand. Just looking for a good area, we are beach lovers and i am keen on diving and fishing.

There is good and bad in every town, living in Pattaya people ask dont you get sick of all the bars and tourist!

The truth is it has been great living in Pattaya if you live a normal life, its up to people to choose the way they live in major tourist town.

Land and House estate in Chalong might meet your needs. It has good security and a range of facilities (clubhouse/swimming pool etc). It's close to the prime shopping in southern Phuket (Home Pro Village, and the new large Tesco Lotus), and has a few places close by for a beer/meal. You're on the doorstep of Chalong Bay (and the pier) where much of the diving and sport fishing industry is centred.

Chalong has an extensive range of restaurants, from Thai to most other popular cuisines. There are also sports facilites and gyms close by.

I don't live at Land and House, and I'm not a property agent. biggrin.png

• Like 2

Regards

SDM

"so what I say is based on knowledge and experience" - and gaining the highest commission for yourself, right? After all, like everyone, you are in business to make money, not lose money.

I've never had a problem with you, and I read your posts.

I have not, and will never "block" anyone.

Everyone has their opinion or comments to make, and I have no problem reading them.

Members don't always have to agree. That would make this fourm quite boring.

By the way - I love the way you guys use the word "freehold" on some of your ads. biggrin.png

check out Chern Cheun Lagoon ( opposite the Boat lagoon) north of phuket town

i also am NOT a property agent

and just cause he owns a agency ( please give it a rest) does not make him all knowing or correct all the time

Edited by phuketrichard

The whole area around Koh Kaew (Boat Lagoon/Royal Phuket Marina), really doesn't offer a great deal for expat residents, unless proximity to BIS and a vessel in one of the marinas is a priority. There aren't any restaurants of note (I used to enjoy 'The Winch', a French bistro style place in Boat Lagoon though), and the road being a dual carriageway with what that means in terms of 'U' turns to get to where you need to, is not somewhere you want to spend a great deal of time on. The main road has the highest death toll in the whole of Phuket, which tends to give a clue to the ambience.

There is huge amount of buildings coming up near BIS. Seems like the whole are is turning to become a sub-urban neighborhood.

I rode today to Rawai. The whole area was quite vibrant, even during the low season. Lot's of new building as well. It has been a while for me as I did got lost couple of times while riding there.

I agree CC lagoon looks a bit run down but its a nice quiet area for kids and close to everything. I have 2 friends that own an live there.

Trafifc can be bad as well but..... Once the road is finished it will be nice ( cant say when thou 5555)

There are a few nice restaurnats in the boat lagoon and a good Bakery as well

they have built what looks like hundreds of small house behind CC lagoon and the road between there and kathu is slated for lots of homes going in someday.

.......... Land and House estate in Chalong might meet your needs. It has good security and a range of facilities (clubhouse/swimming pool etc). It's close to the prime shopping in southern Phuket (Home Pro Village, and the new large Tesco Lotus), and has a few places close by for a beer/meal. You're on the doorstep of Chalong Bay (and the pier) where much of the diving and sport fishing industry is centred.

Chalong has an extensive range of restaurants, from Thai to most other popular cuisines. There are also sports facilites and gyms close by.

I don't live at Land and House, and I'm not a property agent. biggrin.png

There are a few Land & House developments in and around Chalong in various price ranges.

The security issue is an interesting one as most security gated stations wave any farang though with a smile without asking anything, but the newer Land & House developments actually do stop me to sign in (and out), retain some photo ID and take my car registration number in addition to the CCTV recording it. They do this even though I am there quite frequently so do know me.

Some of the new private roads are installing unmanned key entry barriers with CCTV which I think is a much better system. The system can log the electronic key used and record all car plates, it is a pain though if you have visitors without a card as they can't get in without one.

SDM

Edited by SDM0712

There is huge amount of buildings coming up near BIS. Seems like the whole are is turning to become a sub-urban neighborhood.

It's a nice spot but has become a major cut through for traffic from Kathu wanting to avoid the road works on the 402 past the mining museum.

SDM