fresh pizza dough, where to buy?

seesip

You can buy the pizza bases at makro prepaid, not sure but wouldn't surprise me if they sold the dough to roll yourself.

Its in the fridges by the way.

Yeah I saw those at Makro but actually those crusts look pre-baked, so I gave it a pass.

Why not make it yourself?

Star brand general purpose flour (I've found it in markets for around 26 baht a kilo) makes an okay base.

I'm not American but I've come to like the American cooking measurements.

5 cups of flour

2 teaspoons of sugar

2-3 tablespoons of dry yeast

1-2 teaspoons of salt

1-2 cups of warm water

3 tablespoons of olive oil

Should be enough dough for three 12 inch pizzas

The recipe came off a website for an Italian Pizza restaurant in NY. Of course they recommend better flour but Star brand still makes a decent dough compared to pre made rubbish.

Mix dry ingredients and then add the wet.

When it feels about right (not sticking to your hands or bowl too much, add more flour until it's not too sticky) cover it for an hour to rise.

Knock the air out of the dough and let it sit again for a bit before using it.

I end up dusting my pizza pans with cornflour to stop them sticking.

• Like 2

Why not make it yourself?

Star brand general purpose flour (I've found it in markets for around 26 baht a kilo) makes an okay base.

I'm not American but I've come to like the American cooking measurements.

5 cups of flour

2 teaspoons of sugar

2-3 tablespoons of dry yeast

1-2 teaspoons of salt

1-2 cups of warm water

3 tablespoons of olive oil

Should be enough dough for three 12 inch pizzas

The recipe came off a website for an Italian Pizza restaurant in NY. Of course they recommend better flour but Star brand still makes a decent dough compared to pre made rubbish.

Mix dry ingredients and then add the wet.

When it feels about right (not sticking to your hands or bowl too much, add more flour until it's not too sticky) cover it for an hour to rise.

Knock the air out of the dough and let it sit again for a bit before using it.

I end up dusting my pizza pans with cornflour to stop them sticking.

Thanks. Been wondering what to do. Now I know.

If you only want one pizza instead of three, try this:

Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe
INGREDIENTS:
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 (0.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
2 1/2 cups bread flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
PREPARATION:
1. Dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water. Let stand about 10 minutes, or until creamy.
2. Stir in flour, olive oil and salt. Knead shortly. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
3. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until it’s smooth and elastic.
4. Roll out the dough into a 12 inch circle, about 1/8-inch thick. Brush the crust lightly with olive oil and top with your favorite pizza toppings.
5. Bake in 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the crust is golden and crisp.
I made this yesterday but I used the Versatile Electric Pan / 12 Inches Pizza Maker from Verasu. Cooking times vary depending on the pizza ingredients. I have read that you can freeze pizza dough from web pages using Google. Good luck.

If you're willing to experiment, try adding a tablespoon of powered milk and two tablespoons of 'instant' mashed potatoes to your recipe. The result is a pizza dough that tastes exactly as you'll find from the pizza places that sell by the slice along the streets of Manhattan. Strange, but true! :)

There are hundreds if not thousands of pizza dough recipies out there... do a Google search and enjoy the results of your own efforts - far better than the stuff you would buy from some supermarket.

I've made dough myself a few times and it does taste good, but buying fresh made has it's moments.

I will consider "enjoying the results of my own efforts" but I've heard if you do that too often you go blind ...