TOT internet problems in Lamphun

cmcom

Having some major slowness or not opening site problems here on the river. Changing browsers seems to help some , sometimes....... many sites won't open at all and like TV will open with Chrome but not with IE...... and with chrome it seriously takes about a minute.... I thought maybe it was my router or something internal.....

Anyone else having problems ??

Having some major slowness or not opening site problems here on the river. Changing browsers seems to help some , sometimes....... many sites won't open at all and like TV will open with Chrome but not with IE...... and with chrome it seriously takes about a minute.... I thought maybe it was my router or something internal.....

Anyone else having problems ??

With TV mostly G

Been terrible today.

Absolutely yes, I am. The problem started a couple days ago and it's just woeful today. What makes it worse is I just paid 8000 baht for the TOT Fiber 2U and so far it's a lot slower than my TRUE adsl was...

Located in Sai Noi, Nonthaburi.

Yesterday someone from ToT called me and asked if internet is working. I loaded my Google homepage, it worked and I told him "No problem". Only later I found out that the connection is really terrible slow, and many sites don't load at all.

But it seems they're working on it ...

About 4 to 5 days now , sites outside of Thailand are slow. Especially in the evening. TOT squeezing the international connections ? Too many kids surfing/gaming online? Youtube very slow. But Thai websites blistering fast. Interestingly t@rr@nts get good speeds during the day.

Sent not via thaivisa app, but with old and secure winXP, suck it microsoft.

only TV has problems. little message on the left says something like "waiting for googleapis" sometimes the wait can be 3-5 minutes!

Yep, everything opens fast, but you can make the tea whilst waiting for a TV page.coffee1.gif

According to a friend at TOT, the problem is two-fold:

An unauthorized entry into the centeral DNS (Domain name servers) - solved quickly from Bangkok

but most importantly a- a major problem with Doubleclick and googleaps - the servers that6 put the ads onto the pages.

To test that, load a site that uses google ad servers (like TV) and watch the lower right bottam of the screen as google tries to load.

Then load a site that doesn't use them (like http://www.thailandnews.net/) and it will be full speed.

I suspected Google Ad's straight away, as I couldn't load a lot of websites and saw waiting for googlewhatever, but I was downloading in IDM at 1.4mbs and Skype was working OK.

Often when this happens with an ad server having problems, clicking on the cross to stop the page loading after giving it a reasonable amount of time works after a fashion. It may not look the prettiest, but the page is there to read.