Warning of danger from more heavy rain storms at weekend: Thai Meteorological Dept.

webfact

Again wrong info, now even "quoting" Thai Meteorological Department.....

From the website of TMD, I saw this yesterday already, but checked again just now:

<On 26 April, the ridge of high pressure from China will extend to the Northeast of Thailand. By 30 April, it will have covered the upper country. Summer thunderstorm, as well as thundershowers, gust and hail, will be expected first over the Northeast, then the North, the Central and the East. People should beware of the severe weather that leads to the loss of lives and properties.>

So from April 30 the high pressure will be extended to the NE (Isan), then bad weather NE first, then N, C, E. That's al folks coffee1.gif

• Like 2

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, a refreshing rain is newer to bad.

But be aware, not sp much rain as it will be any flooding, as the time for this are here soon.

May God help us and protect us from flooding in heavy populated area,s as Bangkok, and more places.

Its, only to wait and see.

But Yingluck promised the last year, NO FLOODING, and SHE KNOW EVERYTHING AS ALL OF US KNOW !!!!!

Maybe she will promise this again, this year.

The rain in the picture looks great! hope it comes to chiang mai as its too hot now!!!!

In addition the rain will also clear in Chiang Mai the cloudy air in the sky, and this will stop the current health problems which has carried on for many months caused by bacterial ... smoke, dust, fog, foam, steam, haze, etc ... and many people suffered.

Thus lets hope the rain will come in a strong way in order to clear the sky clouds in Chiang Mai.

• Like 1

Cannot believe how many people are welcoming this news - even moderate storms always mean POWER CUTS to overhead lines !!!

Depends on where you live. No power cuts this year in my neighborhood during the few thunderstorms we've had, which is a bit odd as previously there were almost guaranteed 5-15min breaks. Progress, it seems. Still, nothing the UPS's I've got can't handle, so bring it on.

• Like 1

The rain in the picture looks great! hope it comes to chiang mai as its too hot now!!!!

It'll be nice, but not great when sand, dusts and things starts flying around.

I'll wash the car. Works every time. but it sure is dry in Chiang Mai.

Haha! Reminds me of those sunny Sunday mornings in Blighty before they turned into soggy afternoons....... usually just after you'd set the picnic out. biggrin.png

typo

Edited by bigbamboo

Still waiting for the last storm they promised, must be staffed by Thalsin / yinluck's mob, keep on promising but never delivering.

what's wrong with,that? Thank,you 3 times

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

That's funny, yesterday we got warnings of severe drought, now it's heavy rainstorms. is it not make your mind up time?

each day bet. Did you not know Thais love to gamble?

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

Love it when it rains in Thailand since my company provides flood protection systems. Do my rain dance every night. ha ha

Its a shame they ate not used to good effect. One of the reasons Toyota is heading to Indonesia in 5 years

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

Cannot believe how many people are welcoming this news - even moderate storms always mean POWER CUTS to overhead lines !!!

yes but only in Thailand......And even here the lines can stand most of the storms

EGAT (is it called that way) is super fast in repairing the lines and they usually look much better afterwards. A few hours without electric isn't the end of the time

not true. In Australia too we have many issues with power failures and rain. I could detail why it happens but its as boring as talking about Thai politics

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

• Like 1

Not care. Mai pen rai. Rain brings life

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

mai bpen rai thumbsup.gif

mai bpen rain !

• Like 1

Tom420, on 25 Apr 2014 - 19:16, said:
h90, on 25 Apr 2014 - 19:03, said:
crazydrummerpauly, on 25 Apr 2014 - 18:56, said:

yes but only in Thailand......And even here the lines can stand most of the storms

EGAT (is it called that way) is super fast in repairing the lines and they usually look much better afterwards. A few hours without electric isn't the end of the time

Exactly, I am willing to spend a few hours in the darkness for a weekend of cooler weather and rain. If the power cuts simply lay out on the cool tiled floor or his the shower, read a book, actually talk to someone...

I must admit, EGAT are very good and always on the job quick time, I remember I was eating out once and the power went. Within 10 minutes they pulled up and it was still raining and there was still lighting going on. One of the repairmen went up in a cherry picker whilst all of this was still going on, the lightning, rain etc.

They wouldn't have as much to do it they made sure there were no trees/ shrubs/vines etc growing near or through the wires.

It'll be nice, but not great when sand, dusts and things starts flying around.

I'll wash the car. Works every time. but it sure is dry in Chiang Mai.

The Shell Station/Carwash just before you get to WATTANOTHAIPAYAP School has a deal whereby if it rains within 7 Days of your car being washed, they wash and dry the OUTSIDE of the vehicle again for FREE....but you have to ASK about the deal before you book in.

You can guarantee that whatever the news topic here, some old, grey. wrinkled whiners will be blaming the Thaksin/Redshirt faction-'gummint'. So whiners, you think they are oustandingly corrupt/incompetent/violent? Really? As compared to whom? You regard Obama, Cameron, Merkel & Hollande as paragons of honesty, virtue & pacifism? If so, <deleted> are you doing here?

Whining about the whiners is whining.... coffee1.gif

Never been to Mexico have you?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It's called the rainy season coming... or 'monsoon' for the educated.

Blow me.... I guess it took a 3 year degree at Chula to report this?

You need that 3 year degree as monsoons come from the south, or specifically from the direction of India and later in the year from the typhoons that span in the pacific crushing the Philippines first.

We all need that degree.

"The major monsoon systems of the world consist of the West African and Asia-Australian monsoons."

Nothing worse than a smart arse.

• Like 1

But be aware, not sp much rain as it will be any flooding, as the time for this are here soon.

May God help us and protect us from flooding in heavy populated area,s as Bangkok, and more places.

But Yingluck promised the last year, NO FLOODING, and SHE KNOW EVERYTHING AS ALL OF US KNOW !!!!!

I would rather put my faith in Yingluck and her flood prevention plan than an imaginary god. Note 'god' without a capital letter because my first teacher when I was four taught me that only names and important things had capital letters.

It's called the rainy season coming... or 'monsoon' for the educated.

Blow me.... I guess it took a 3 year degree at Chula to report this?

Actually the Monsoon for the educated is a wind. The SW Monsoon at this time of the year is on its way, perhaps or perhaps not? In recent years the Monsoon hasn't arrived properly in Thailand until late summer. Most of the rain in rainy season over the last few years has come from a series of depressions moving westwards associated with tropical cyclones and storms that have devastated the Philippines in some cases.

not true. In Australia too we have many issues with power failures and rain. I could detail why it happens but its as boring as talking about Thai politics

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

Well Australia is big and rather extreme weather. If we have a power failure for 15 min in a small village in Austria, than it is in the newspaper, because it is as common as pink elephants....

I would rather put my faith in Yingluck and her flood prevention plan than an imaginary god. Note 'god' without a capital letter because my first teacher when I was four taught me that only names and important things had capital letters.

As atheist I still believe more in the help of a non existing God than in Yingluck. Something that doesn't exist at least doesn't cause additional troubles.

• Like 1

And please lots of rain for Pattaya, it always needs a proper clean up. giggle.gif

an A-bomb or a large meteor would work better

I was thinking along the lines of a Tsunami.

That's a pretty harsh thing to say, granted Pattaya is a giant skidmark on this countries underpants, but to say that is quite something. I hope you don't get what you wish for