PDRC to celebrate its 180 days of protest

Lite Beer

PDRC to celebrate its 180 days of protest

BANGKOK, 26 April 2014 (NNT) -The People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) spokesperson has revealed that on the occasion of the 180 day anniversary of the PDRC movement, the PDRC leader Suthep Thaugsuban will summarize all that's happened during the course of the protest period and insists that the protest will become more serious from now on.

According to Akanat Promphan, PDRC's spokesman, there will be a demonstration walk on April 27th to urge the public to join the final protest at Bang Wa railway station in Tha Pra. In addition, a celebration of the anniversary of the PDRC protest group under the “180 days, 180 degrees” concept will be held on the Lumpini stage at 17.00 hrs onwards. The PDRC protest will reach the 180th day of its activities on April 28th. At the event, there will be a photo exhibition and speeches on stage reflecting all the events of the previous 180 days.

PDRC figure Satit Wongnongtaey said the highlight of the event will be the talk by Mr.Suthep at 21.00 hrs on April 27th, as well as insisting that the protest will develop intensity after the celebration of the 180 day anniversary.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-04-27 footer_n.gif

Yep 180 days and 180 final pushes!

Who's left down at the park anyway and what do these people do for a job?

Abhisit is finally seeing the light and cutting the apron strings of this looney.

We'll over the 180 days you can't say this yellow nutter hasn't been at least entertaining!

And the sideshow with the fake monk extorting money has at the least been a source of amusement!

• Like 2

more serious from now on ...is this for real!!!!!, so they have just been messing around for 6 months

all they have done for 180 days is make life very difficult for many ordinary Thais and Forigners

they should have beeen more forceful from day 1...to get rid of parasites like these you need drastic action NOT walking around for days on end

Edited by terryp
  • Like 2

Amazing!.............they should be mourning their lack of achievement.

I think Suthep has just finished counting all HIS money received from donations and truly a great victory for the Suthep household.

I've been waiting at Suwanabhumi airport now for two months ready to blow my whistle at YL as she leaves, but as yet she still has'nt shown up.

Wonder if Kuhn Suthep is going to take credit for the Man of State Effort now seemingly going forward..wonder if any of them are his buddies Someone has go to go to this rally of rallies and hear what Suthep actually says ...probably Blue Sky will cover it..? Hopefully un edited

PDRC figure Satit Wongnongtaey said the highlight of the event will be the talk by Mr.Suthep at 21.00 hrs on April 27th, as well as insisting that the protest will develop intensity after the celebration of the 180 day anniversary.

Oh no! Liverpool and Chelsea going head to head at the same time or slightly before ! Darn! I wish he would choose more appropriate times!

Suthep has achieved more good in 6 months that this administration has in 3 lousy years.

Sure, he has a chequered past, sure he has some whacky ideas and for sure he will never be PM but when corruption came to a head so do Suthep.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Well if you want to call 180 days of public disobedience a dis-funk-tional government i suppose it is correct , however what is there to celebrate, the country is going down the gurgler , the systematic inability of the ruling PTP to comply within the law , the pre -conceived idea that we rule and can be corrupt , with the supporter groups from both colours failing in the area of democracy, Thailand needs to lift more than it's game if it wants to be recognised as a well respected country in the South East Asian community. bah.gif

What on earth is there to celebrate, the disruption to Thailand and the laughing stock of the world Suthep? Sounds like nothing more than an opportunity for the moron Suthep to announce another "Final Push" How did last Thursdays final push go anyway?

I don't think much of the world is laughing at Suthep apposing a corrupt government,

eg did you see the West say anything against the protesters in Kiev that over through an elected ( but corrupt ) government . The West actually supported the over through and is now supporting the new government.

Much of the west will be celebrating with this corrupt bunch is gone as well, and supporting a new non Thaksin run Government

• Like 1

And the Thai newspaper is giving this anarchical group all the press and publicity that it needs to continue to sham the people of Thailand out of their right to be a free country with one man, one vote.

There's 65 million of them.....they seem to be making a fist of it all. They've had 2557 years to get it together.

This was meant to be over and done with in 3 days.

So the way I see it all there celebrating is:

3 days of moderate success (3 big marches topping out at about 180-200 thousand)

and

177 days of utter failure

The way I see it Malaysian Airlines have more to celebrate than this bunch of clowns

• Like 2

more serious from now on ...is this for real!!!!!, so they have just been messing around for 6 months

all they have done for 180 days is make life very difficult for many ordinary Thais and Forigners

they should have beeen more forceful from day 1...to get rid of parasites like these you need drastic action NOT walking around for days on end

'More serious from now on' means that they are coming to the end of peaceful protests and readying themselves for an all out attack from the red shirts.

I think that is considered to be a very serious development.

But you obviously have to have at least a little bit of intelligence to work it out.

Pity you didn't.

Lack of achievement???

They totally subverted an amnesty bill that would have thrown this country into absolute turmoil,

They managed to get parliament dissolved,

They managed to severely limit this crap government's ability to do any more damage to the nation,

They have managed to put pressure on the agencies to legally stop corruption from the PTP,

They have constantly provided evidence of double standards from the police,

They have managed to seriously dent support for the red shirt movement by humiliating them with their vast contrast in support numbers.

They have forced the issue of imminent reforms for the good of Thailand.

They have opened the eyes of the nation as to just how foul and stubborn the PTP government really is.

They have managed to stop yet another undemocratic election.

Not done much have they?????

Edited by WoopyDoo
  • Like 2

'More serious from now on' means that they are coming to the end of peaceful protests and readying themselves for an all out attack from the red shirts.

I think that is considered to be a very serious development.

But you obviously have to have at least a little bit of intelligence to work it out.

Pity you didn't.

The first sentence is your interpretation of Suthep's verb or he declared that itself?

The more radical he stays the more moderate his bunkmate becomes... Suthep jumped the shark months ago..so we will see , but he can't fade now... he has proved he is untouchable ( so far) so he has to help set up Kuhn Abhisit as the moderate spiritual peaceful grand high exalted mystic ruler..and by continuing his radicalism allows the whistleblowers the face saving transition to what they can claim is a two-phased/faced effort by now following that lead...at least that is what I am hearing in my building now, from the diminishing numbers still discussing this ordeal. They are talking about Abhiset now not sharing the whistle adorned, peace sign flashing selfies from Asok... I hope there won't be clashes insigated by him or others from the other sides/factions/third parties.. but what is very clear is now the introduction of the "elders" will undoubtedly change this whole tragedy so we wait and see... couple of weeks away yet...wonder how many times we see Kuhn Abhiset pop up...

Edited by DirtFarmer

I think Suthep has just finished counting all HIS money received from donations and truly a great victory for the Suthep household.

if thats an accusation you wont mind me forwarding your post ...im sure you have the proof to back up your post chooks...in a democracy he must be given the chance to defend himself wouldnt you agree..fairs fair and all that..

Still find it amazing that this guy still says anything that anybody wants to report.

All his support is crumbling, the Dems have taken huge steps back. Yet he still threatens to disrupt upcoming elections which has to be intimidating and threatening behavior and nothing done about it.

Thailand may well have had a corrupt fairly incompetent government, but it was an elected government, and it was a government.

Currently a Thailand is running rudderless, tourism is down, investor confidence is down, definitely the lame duck of Asia currently and it's all 100 per cent down to Suthep and his backers!

Berlusconi was elected. Should he still be there?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Still find it amazing that this guy still says anything that anybody wants to report.

All his support is crumbling, the Dems have taken huge steps back. Yet he still threatens to disrupt upcoming elections which has to be intimidating and threatening behavior and nothing done about it.

Thailand may well have had a corrupt fairly incompetent government, but it was an elected government, and it was a government.

Currently a Thailand is running rudderless, tourism is down, investor confidence is down, definitely the lame duck of Asia currently and it's all 100 per cent down to Suthep and his backers!

No, he shouldn't. He has been voted out in the last general elections, then banned from politics for his immoral behaviors. And that's what should happen in any modern and democratic country.

Fact is that Thailand is not a democratic country neither a modern one.

• Like 2

So was Kim Jong Un, and your point is?

• Like 1