A question about the line APP?

I must admit, have been using Line for a while, but the whole changing devices thing Ive never got used to.

im currently getting my phone repaired, what was supposed to be a half day job, they think due to parts supply issue might take a while

I know you can back it up, but my understanding is that you cannot bring across chat history to the next device

my question is, if I reinstall Line on my ipad/backup phone, I re enter all my details,

will all the unread messages ive receivied in the last couple of days while in repairs, show up? or will using a new device simply start from scratch?

Be aware that if you then go back to the older device, all the history on it may be wiped out. It'll say something like "you've used this on another mobile device, ...." when logging into the new one. It'll then deactivate the other device so that going back there might start from scratch. I had an Android backup and it would not restore it. Would just start up, say I had used it on another device and start from scratch. Importing old messages is possible if you've backed them up, however.

Another option if you can do so, is to us the PC version. It will not let you log into the PC version on more than one PC at a time, but does not affect the mobile device it is on. But any other mobile device like an ipad will.

Check the "Can I use the same LINE account from multiple devices?" toward the bottom.

http://help.line.me/line/ios/categoryId/10000309/pc?lang=en

★If you access the same LINE account from another device using the same email address/phone number, your LINE account will be automatically deleted from the previous device.

(on Android, when migrating to a new phone, it is possible to manually archive and transfer each chat conversation history such that you don't lose chat history when switching to a new phone. But if your phone is currently being repaired now and out of your hands then it's too late to do so)

In my experience, all previously sent but yet-to-be-received messages will pop up on your new phone when you enter login details etc. (only do this if you're certain you don't care about past chat history). This has always happened whenever I had to migrate phones. I don't know if this is a design feature or just something that is "currently working this way", so I don't think it's guaranteed, but it's probably safe to assume that you'll get them (I wouldn't wait too long to fire up line though).

Thanks eveyone,

itss all very confusing even after reading the help file, but it looks like that if I reinstall line on a new app, ill get the unread msgs, but obviously I wont have the old files, and when I go back to the old device,

i wont have the unread ones, but will start from scratch but will retain my chat history,

thats what I suspected from the start!

thansk eveyr one

that's a thing where Line really sucks. Why is it not possible to use the Line app on more than one device. The browser option isn't a real option. I think, working that way Line will not become a big hit outside Asia.

I still hope, the developers will rework that.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk