Help with the 30฿ health scheme for a Chiang Mai resident

millwall_fan

Yesterday we took my son who has a Thai passport to the hospital as he was unwell. The hospital refused to treat him under the 30฿ health scheme as my wifes is on her mothers Blue Book (Tabien Barn) in Chiang Mai. As we rent in Bangkok and may move within a year, my wife is reluctant to go through all the paperwork to get herself registered here and in any event, our landlady might not let us go on her book. It is important that wife and child get medical insurance (I've got basic medical cover from work). Does anyone know how the millions of Thais who live in Bangkok, but are registered in other provinces get themselves covered? Thanks

2 threads, moderators would probably close 1 (and probably move this to Health forum anyways). But are you sure the Tabian Bahn was the problem? Does your son have the Thai ID card? Was the refusal because he did not have Thai ID card? Thai ID seems more important for dealing with things more than a passport. (Of course I could be completely wrong about this.)

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

2 threads, moderators would probably close 1 (and probably move this to Health forum anyways). But are you sure the Tabian Bahn was the problem? Does your son have the Thai ID card? Was the refusal because he did not have Thai ID card? Thai ID seems more important for dealing with things more than a passport. (Of course I could be completely wrong about this.)

Children under 7 don't need an ID card Submaniac: my son is 7 next year, so that's not the problem. No it is definitely a Tabien Barn problem. Not sure about the mods: thats their decision: no-one in either location seems to know the answer at present!