Why no diesel cars?

lorus59

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would guess that the diesel detractors have not driven a diesel car in 20 years.

Go drive even just a Fiesta and see the difference., you will be amazed. As for a BMW or Merc, you'd barely know it was diesel. (if the rev counter were to be disabled).

Some friends in the uk were running an aging Merc E class 5.0 V8 and pumping petrol (gas) in by the truck load. I kept telling them to swap it for a diesel. Nope - slow, smelly & noisy. Then the car was involved in a non fault accident and off the road in the body shop for some weeks. They were lent a near new diesel car of the same class. It immediately halved their fuel bill and they thought the noise levels (or lack of) and performance were amazing. They now have a brand new DIESEL Merc!

If I was buying a new car in Thailand I would certainly be looking for a diesel .... and I'm not in the German manufacturer budget.

The Detroit diesel in the truck in the video will be 2 stroke, hence the high revs.

Edited by Lancashirelad

Woodsie, my point is i could have gone on all day like that, never dropping under 19kpl on Cheapo E85 as long as i stay under 110KPH. No idont want Diesels no matter how good, or a Gas Bomb in the Boot.Yes i can bring it down to 10 if i drive it like a Truck Yob,which does occasionally happen.

• Like 1

In LOS, cheap E85 is a good deal, if you can get it, especially at the mileage quoted by Ace.

Diesel is a good option in countries with reasonable diesel fuel and diesel car prices.

Honda now sell Petrol, Hybrid and Diesel Civics in Australia..

The Australian Standard fuel consumption figures for these give a good comparison:

post-149670-0-00277800-1399261300_thumb.

Edited by Jitar
  • Like 1