Price of a can of Leo Beer in your 711...

krisb

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

In Bangkok prices depend on the area. Tourist areas tend to charge more, 2 or 3 Baht.
But 'Leo' why, oh why?

But "chang" why, oh why ?

38b. Same price for Singha. Leo raised their prices on the last tax hike, Singha did not. Well played Singha. Leo is a mediocre beer most drink because it's cheap and not Chang. Now everyone will drink Singha and Leo is finished.

Saw this years ago with Whiskey. Spey Royal got shunted out of the picture on price hikes. It just disappeared.

JBeam on the border in Aran used to be b230 1L. Went up to b280.

Alcohol here has been more expensive than in US for years (most states).

JW Red in Tops b1000

Jim Beam in Tops b1400

Jim Beam in Aranyapathet b280

Jim Beam in states (?) b550-650

*In US you can get much better whiskies for few bucks more.

Edited by Mencken

I can get a box of Carlsberg here,for 780 b,thats 65 for each bottle,and no ,hangover; 1 liked i have been drugged with Singha, 2, feeling like someone is doing open brain surgery above my right eye with Leo,or 3, feeling like i have left this world and am about to be ferried over the river Styx,with Chang.

• Like 1

I can get a box of Carlsberg here,for 780 b,thats 65 for each bottle,and no ,hangover; 1 liked i have been drugged with Singha, 2, feeling like someone is doing open brain surgery above my right eye with Leo,or 3, feeling like i have left this world and am about to be ferried over the river Styx,with Chang.

Mate, thanks for your contributionthumbsup.gif . But we are talking CANS here.

No hangover? Impossible.

Please don't say German law of purity.

Thanks for the price check though!

Doesn't have to be only about cans, sorry should have sais that. Any old beer at your local, just mention small or large bottle.

Since the thread keeps coming back, which is good.

Btw, always check your beers use by dates!

Shockingly out of date some of them.

Edited by krisb
  • Like 1

How much is a can of Cheers beer these days at the local shop or 7/11?

Blue or red?

I buy the red ones and they cost 46B in all 7/11s I've seen in the Pattaya area, or 86B for promo packs of two. Places like mini-Tesco and mini-BigC charge about 44/45B though it varies, and the larger supermarkets like Tops and big Tesco charge around 42B per can (all chilled).

Of course for home use I generally just buy at Makro or Tesco who do packs of 12 cans for 465B (38.75B/can).

Blue is a couple of Baht cheaper but contains less alcohol, so what's the point?

Sobriety and temperance, or for disorderly younger guests,gardeners,under gardeners,under mia nois etc.

The savings will not just be in your pocket.

38 baht for a can of Leo. What a joke. The price of beer really is getting ridiculous in this country given how bad it is. In the US you can get cheap beer at 15-20 baht a can. For 38 you can get something decent

• Like 1

38 baht for a can of Leo. What a joke. The price of beer really is getting ridiculous in this country given how bad it is. In the US you can get cheap beer at 15-20 baht a can. For 38 you can get something decent

You said it, DP25.thumbsup.gif

It's ridiculous. Prisewise it's the same in Holland. If I pay good money, I want something decent in return.

You said it, DP25.thumbsup.gif

It's ridiculous. Prisewise it's the same in Holland. If I pay good money, I want something decent in return.

Decent like Weisenstephner. Mmmm.

Which btw is available in Bangkok.

Free. The employees are distracted by the door bell.

A farang looking around and "leaving" should not raise too many flags.

I will take my chances with the BIB, jump in a tuk-tuk, dive down Soi 6, or commence to other matters of petty crime.

Free. The employees are distracted by the door bell.

A farang looking around and "leaving" should not raise too many flags.

I will take my chances with the BIB, jump in a tuk-tuk, dive down Soi 6, or commence to other matters of petty crime.

Russian by any chance then?

No hangover? Impossible.

Krisb,i will have to wait on the hangover thing as i have most times mixed it up with a couple of Singha's,but i am conducting the experiment today,only Carlsberg,it is actually brewed in malaysia,and imported i checked the ingredients it'states only,water,malt and hops,like you i thought it was German ,but actually Danish,any way i will give you the results of my experiment tomorrow.

No hangover? Impossible.

Krisb,i will have to wait on the hangover thing as i have most times mixed it up with a couple of Singha's,but i am conducting the experiment today,only Carlsberg,it is actually brewed in malaysia,and imported i checked the ingredients it'states only,water,malt and hops,like you i thought it was German ,but actually Danish,any way i will give you the results of my experiment tomorrow.

Ok here's my conclusion...

German law of purity is not really true.

Firstly, unlike food, beer doesn't have to say exactly what's in it.

Then beer that had zero preservative would 100% go off if not kept in a fridge within a week.

Also glass colour makes a big difference to beer. The glass bottle should be a nice dark brown glass, no way would beer stay fresh if kept stored at room temperature especially in the heat of SE Asia, and kept in a green or even clear bottle.

So bet my last dollar Carlsberg is not without preservative of some type...Nice enough beer though.

If you want to try a really nice beer that is around Bangkok and about 120baht a bottle, try 1 of these!

post-151649-0-45828200-1399370531_thumb.

• Like 1

No hangover? Impossible.

Ok here's my conclusion...

German law of purity is not really true.

Firstly, unlike food, beer doesn't have to say exactly what's in it.

Then beer that had zero preservative would 100% go off if not kept in a fridge within a week.

Also glass colour makes a big difference to beer. The glass bottle should be a nice dark brown glass, no way would beer stay fresh if kept stored at room temperature especially in the heat of SE Asia, and kept in a green or even clear bottle.

So bet my last dollar Carlsberg is not without preservative of some type...Nice enough beer though.

If you want to try a really nice beer that is around Bangkok and about 120baht a bottle, try 1 of these!

Well i consumed 5 large bottles yesterday,over the late afternoon to evening,i woke up feeling a little tired,but no real headache as such,but i do agree with your thesis they must have something in there to preserve them,in Australia i used to drink Cascade lager,but the difference is of course that the beer is stored in refrigerated conditions,as i could drink a lot of that Cascade and never feel rough in the morning unfortunatly living in the sticks the beers you included in the photo are not available here,Carlsberg is about as exotic as it gets,sorry to go off topic,one thing i do wish we could get here is cider,i am sure the Thai's would like it as it is sweeter than beer,and very refreshing in the heat,i did by some small bottles last time i was in Bangkok at around 120-30 b price.

• Like 2

Carlsberg would be the best of the bunch in the sticks. A nice refreshing drop and nicer than the other usual Thai import, Heineken.

Cascade, big in Hobart Tasmania. Not bad, I like Boags premium the other Tassie beer.

Ciders would be available in the cities, but outback Thailand, choices are very limited or non existent,unless you made your own on the sly. What area are you in? Could be worth asking other members in nearby cities about ciders.