Thaksin: "I Will Be In Office Until My Term Ends"

george

Thaksin: "I Will Be In Office Until My Term Ends"

BANGKOK: -- Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra vowed on Saturday that he would never resign, but would stay in office until his term ends, according to the state-run Thai News Agency on Sunday.

Addressing an alumni party, organized at the Press Building of PTT Public Company Limited (PTT) here by his old school in the northern province of Chiang Mai, Premier Thaksin expressed his confidence that he would remain in office for two four-year terms consecutively, the agency reported.

He pledged that his administration would focus on addressing the problems of people's basic needs over the next five years.

"The government will take care of the Thai people so that they will equally have four basic needs, including food, clothes, housing, and medicines, or access to medical treatments, within the next five years," he said.

The Thai leader vowed that he would never bow to any pressure to force him to step down, but would, instead, remain in office until his second term ends.

Thaksin's first four-year term will end next year, when Thailand will have the next general election in which the Thai leader has said that he believes his Thai Rak Thai Party (TRT) will win over 400 seats in the House of Representatives.

--Agencies 2003-03-07

Guest IT Manager

Stumonster.. I should give you a weeks suspension for even suggesting the the Dear Leader is anything but honest in all his proclamations... and their attendant back-flips.

:o