Scorpions entering the house after recent storms

marko kok prong

In the last week we have had 3 large Black scorpions come in the house,and one small brown one in the kitchen sink,i have been told the brown ones are the more dangerous,could it be they are seeking refuge from the heavy rain,it is a bit unsettling,i am now checking shorts etc before i put them on,any other members having the same problems?The black ones a very big,one the other day size of a small yabby[ crayfish].

Have one in my living room a few days back, brown one. Sweep into the dustpan and throw outside. Suns out now after last nights big rain and storm so watch out for the hissing sids. Notice you were not on parade the last few days.

PT2

Have one in my living room a few days back, brown one. Sweep into the dustpan and throw outside. Suns out now after last nights big rain and storm so watch out for the hissing sids. Notice you were not on parade the last few days.

PT2

Have been laying low after my vomiting incident last week.

1. watch out for giant centipedes too ,they move faster and bite harder than scorpions
  2. always give your boots a good bang off the floor before you put them on in the morning ,apparently a giant centipede bite hurts incredibly bad for about 2-3 days

Familar with these from Australia,have never seen one around here though,but yes i have heard the bite/sting is very nasty.

I can tell you that a bite from one of these is indeed very painful. I got bitten on the foot after failing to bash my shoes before putting them on and although not dangerous unless you have heart problems the pain that it inflicted for a day and a half was the most pain I have ever experienced. I am a great believer of live and let live but these get despatched without a thought

• Like 1

I can tell you that a bite from one of these is indeed very painful. I got bitten on the foot after failing to bash my shoes before putting them on and although not dangerous unless you have heart problems the pain that it inflicted for a day and a half was the most pain I have ever experienced. I am a great believer of live and let live but these get despatched without a thought

my x gf mother was bitten by one of these things and she was in hospital for 2-3 days apparently in agony

even at a thai picnic once i saw one under the table and i was wearing boots,i know thais dont like to kill anything but when i asked them first they

all told me to stamp on it (they were all in flip flops ) and didnt want to risk being bitten

these same people wont kill a cockroach but they will kill one of these without hesitation so they must be nasty

I got stung last year in my middle finger, the pain was almost umbarible. My neighbour went in to the forest and came back with some stuff that he mixed together. Two hours later the pain was almost gone and after about four hours also the tinteling in my arm.

Needless to say that we have now a small jar of this stuff in the house.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yep, been fortunate enough to have experienced bites from both of these horrible creatures. The first was the giant centipede, 10 years ago in The jungle near Krabi. The bite got infected and left a nice size hole in my foot. Still got the scare from that one. Pain was bad for 2 weeks and I was unable to walk for 4. These little creatures seem to come out after the rain.

Next came the King scorpion, bit me on the bottom of the foot as I was walking in the kitchen in the middle of the night. Funny thing about that was the day before there was one in the kitchen and the missus had a go at it with the broom. I stopped her from killing it and swept him outside. Ungrateful little #$%! only came back in and bit me. Needless to say that time he died. I then got the "I told you so, farrang mai roo luang". The bite wasn't as painful as the centipede, but still hurt like hell!

Next came the King scorpion, bit me on the bottom of the foot as I was walking in the kitchen in the middle of the night.

Bit or stung? Scorpions sting, not bite.

This is the time of year for Scolependra to emerge from their flooded hidey holes and wreak havok. They are notoriously hard to kill, are fast as lightning, highly aggressive when threatened.

They do not play act. They will bite if threatened and if they 'dig in' to you, they can make a real mess of you, not to mention the pain of the venom and the high risk of infection.

Do not try and pick one up or use a brush to remove one. Tongs are the only safe way to get rid of them.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Next came the King scorpion, bit me on the bottom of the foot as I was walking in the kitchen in the middle of the night.

Bit or stung? Scorpions sting, not bite.

This is the time of year for Scolependra to emerge from their flooded hidey holes and wreak havok. They are notoriously hard to kill, are fast as lightning, highly aggressive when threatened.

They do not play act. They will bite if threatened and if they 'dig in' to you, they can make a real mess of you, not to mention the pain of the venom and the high risk of infection.

Do not try and pick one up or use a brush to remove one. Tongs are the only safe way to get rid of them.

Yep, your right "stung". Do excuse my mistake...

An old Thai lady showed me how to deal with a large black scorpion

Pinned it down with a block of wood then removed the tail with a machete. Harmless then and she picked it up to show me.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

An old Thai lady showed me how to deal with a large black scorpion

Pinned it down with a block of wood then removed the tail with a machete. Harmless then and she picked it up to show me.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Jeez mate your posts are becoming almost shakesperian.