Koh Mook May - Book in advance via Agoda or haggle on the day

rhodieman

What do you reckon is best? I am looking at the Sivalai for next week and wondering if it's better to turn up and see if I can get a better rate or book now via Agoda say for three nights. If I book in advance do you think there will be someone at the pier from the hotel to get me there - although it does not seem that far.

Thanks

Booking.com rates are a bit better with no fees, they also show an all in rate as opposed to Agoda which is ++. they also dont need payment until you stay.

Check rates here for booking.com http://hotel.thaivisa.com

I have never been able to get a better rate at a hotel as a walk in, sometimes they want double, but sometimes the OTA's only get access to rooms in remote wings etc, I guess thats why sometimes its a lot less, the hotels load the rooms on the sites so the OTA's dont get any say in the rooms available or the rates.

Booking.com rates are a bit better with no fees, they also show an all in rate as opposed to Agoda which is ++. they also dont need payment until you stay.

Check rates here for booking.com http://hotel.thaivisa.com

I have never been able to get a better rate at a hotel as a walk in, sometimes they want double, but sometimes the OTA's only get access to rooms in remote wings etc, I guess thats why sometimes its a lot less, the hotels load the rooms on the sites so the OTA's dont get any say in the rooms available or the rates.

Thanks - what are OTAs?

Since I despise walking around in the afternoon heat, bags in hand, seeking a room, I always book at least the first night in a new destination. If it' low season I can try for a better rate on subsequent nights and if that is not successful, get back online and book the rest of the nights I need.

Of course the danger is that there will be no more online rooms available but in low season you are generally safe. Also, on some islands, even getting online can still be difficult