I need a lawyer who won't stab me in the back.

healthbkkbkk

Maybe worthwhile talking to the likes of

Tilleke & Gibbons

Baker & Mackenzie

Will not be cheap using them, but the are reliable

Baker & Mackenzie is a top-tier firm from NYC. You can research them on martindale dot com Do not ever trust a Thai lawyer! coffee1.gif

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tilleke & Gibbons

Baker & Mackenzie

And well north of $300 an hour but it might be worth it.

Oh yeah, had dealing with one the lawyers from one of the mentioned firms and what a complete "bitch" she was - glad she was on my side LOL, even I felt sorry for the other party after she was done with them LOL

Tilleke & Gibbons

Baker & Mackenzie

Baker & Mackenzie is a top-tier firm from NYC. You can research them on martindale dot com Do not ever trust a Thai lawyer! coffee1.gif

Er Baker & Mackenzie has thai lawyers working for them in Thailand

Tilleke & Gibbons

Baker & Mackenzie

i second Tilleke n Gibbons 7000-10500 per hour is the current rate I was recently told

• Like 1

Tilleke & Gibbons

Baker & Mackenzie

And they also have foreign lawyers, who aren't likely to cheat their clients as much as racist Thai lawyers. If you don't like what I my opinion is, tell your brethren to be honest, if they can......

While I'm at it....my greatest success has always been with Jewish lawyers. They fight for every single point of law, and if they lose, they appeal! The Irish lawyers drink with the judge, so that's option two. biggrin.png

Edited by roguewo
  • Like 1

Tilleke & Gibbons

Baker & Mackenzie

And they also have foreign lawyers, who aren't likely to cheat their clients as much as racist Thai lawyers. If you don't like what I my opinion is, tell your brethren to be honest, if they can......

What are you blabbing on about ?.....if the legal matter involves a thai court guess who will representing you sherlock ? It will not be one of the foreign lawyers

Tilleke & Gibbons

Baker & Mackenzie

i second Tilleke n Gibbons 7000-10500 per hour is the current rate I was recently told

200 pounds per hour. <deleted>.

That's more than a working girl.

And the only one getting shafted is the one paying.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am in exactly the same boat. Not only did my lawyer take my money and do nothing, she is now representing my ex husband. Try the guys who give free advise here. Siam legal. They seem to know what they are doing. Good luck with it. You are really going to need it.

Never take a knife to a gun fight. thumbsup.gif

Foreigners are not allowed to practice law in thailand,even if you use one those big law firms you will still be using their thai lawyers.and this is clearly not the place to look for a lawyer apparently the biggest shysters are allowed to advertise here.

• Like 1

I am in exactly the same boat. Not only did my lawyer take my money and do nothing, she is now representing my ex husband. Try the guys who give free advise here. Siam legal. They seem to know what they are doing. Good luck with it. You are really going to need it.

I agree it makes sence that Siam legal is getting alot of advertising from this webste and they would not want get their reputation ruined on this forum plus they seem to be super professional in their advertising.

As I said before, they don't offer free advice on this Forum, that's another company.

Neither do they advertise on here, they pay Google to insert their ads on forums such as this.

Foreigners are not allowed to practice law in thailand,even if you use one those big law firms you will still be using their thai lawyers.and this is clearly not the place to look for a lawyer apparently the biggest shysters are allowed to advertise here.

Show me the code that says foreigners can't practice law here. I agree with the Shysters comment!

Show me the code that says foreigners can't practice law here. I agree with the Shysters comment!

Its a restricted occupation reserved for Thai nationals only, the foreigner lawyers are employed as advisors, therefore a non Thai lawyer cannot represent you in a thai court of law

• Like 1

Cheated by wife and then lawyers, who else ?

:-)

The 1st step to nirVana is op admitting he is the 1 to blame....................lol. How does wife end up with all HiS money?

Does thsi feCecal matter really happen? i just dont believe it!

Siam Legal are not the firm offering free advice.

I used Siam Legal when i needed a lawyer in Thailand, and they were extremely professional, better still the lawyer i was dealing with was an English national who had previously practiced law in the U.K, they done exactly what they said they were going to do and in the specified timeline required.

They were quite expensive but they do what it says on the tin and should the need arise, i would definitely use them again.

(Translation)*
LAWYERS ACT B.E. 2528 (A.D. 1985)
CHAPTER 4
APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION AND LICENSE
Section 33 No person who is not registered as a Lawyer and not holding a valid License or has ceased
to be or has been prohibited from being a Lawyer shall be allowed to appear as a litigation lawyer in court, ...
Section 35 An applicant for registration and obtaining a License shall have the following qualifications:
(1) Being a Thai national;
  • Like 1

A Thai lawyer will give you a quote, you will be happy with it and will ask him to go ahead, then comes the add ons and his fee is doubled. That has been my experience with Siam Legal.

The best advice is what you have already been given, try and get a recommendation from someone who has already used a certain lawyer successfully.

• Like 1

It is criminal what many lawyers do, but even many lawyers in the West are thieves. My friend needed a divorce; he did all the work in gathering all the paperwork and all the lawyer did was sit on the paperwork, not use it and give into whatever the opposing lawyer wanted. It wasn't for any personal gain either, aside from collecting money from my friend that he never earned, just plain lazy.

A lawyer friend of mine took his case and sued the other lawyer, which is rare and got most of his money back. I'll bet it happens a ton more in this country.

As someone else said, hopefully you will get a good recommendation via PM from somebody.

It is criminal what many lawyers do, but even many lawyers in the West are thieves. My friend needed a divorce; he did all the work in gathering all the paperwork and all the lawyer did was sit on the paperwork, not use it and give into whatever the opposing lawyer wanted. It wasn't for any personal gain either, aside from collecting money from my friend that he never earned, just plain lazy.

A lawyer friend of mine took his case and sued the other lawyer, which is rare and got most of his money back. I'll bet it happens a ton more in this country.

As someone else said, hopefully you will get a good recommendation via PM from somebody.

I mean if op gets out of this mess he would prolly do it all over again. OMG thsoe issan 2nd grade ed. girls are smart.........lol.

Just what the hell are you babbling about?

Are you impaired in some way or do you always spout filth?

What a sad, sad person you are.

And actually my ex-wife has a degree from the most expensive university in Thailand so I suppose the cheap bar girls are for the likes of you.

Edited by healthbkkbkk

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Blumenthal Richter & Sumet. You should google them.

They are hands down the best legal team in Thailand, imho. Be warned, they are not cheap but that's the problem here, isn't it? We often want to pay peanuts but are surprised when we get monkeys. When it comes to legal representation, better to invest to ensure you get the best possible outcome.

I had the opposite experience with them and say " stay away".
It is correct that they are not cheap. I wonder that people here recomment 2 foreign law firms from Pattaya which are run by shady characters pretending to be lawyers.
Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

He was joking...if you noticed the wink or smile or whatever it was after it.

Twas why I liked it.....beating his Drum

• Like 1

Lawyers in Thailand are notoriously dishonest, greedy and unscrupulous bunch of people

you have ever seen, there is no way of knowing what they will do once you have hired them

it's a crap shoot out there, in one of my court case I have managed to persuade the opposing

lawyer ( with a big wade of cash ) to work for me while he still advising my opponent, so go figure...

So if you can't beat them be as corrupt as they are, huh?

Over my years I have had many dealings with attorneys and in each experience I have been screwed (all about $$). There are two professions I do not trust, attorneys and Law enforcement. this exaggerated in Thailand. Roll the dice and pick one.

My wife and I had experience with Tilleke and Gibbons when I was adopting our daughters many moons ago and we will never use them again. Similarly a lawyer in Canberra tried the con trick but I ducked out as luckily, I was in the RAAF overseas.

Lawyers - liars for hire, bottom feeding scum suckers or scum feeding bottom suckers...these are just some of the less caustic descriptions I've heard.

Bob A. Relaxed in Lampang

Very good topic...

Cannot help the poster, but can help the next newbee who falls for the Hefty Marriage Fees/property schemes/etc.

The best course of action would be to never paint your way into a corner, in the first place. If your girlfriend can live with you for at least two years, then you can slowly turn it into a good marriage. Property and new cars can wait.

Good advice for the uninitiated.....

There are many guys with happy marriages, but there are thousands of divorces, and I hear the same thing again and again.

Keep your cash in a safe place...in your name.....

• Like 1

I seem to remember an article in one of the big English language newspapers that the dsi wanted to investigate these foreign operated law firms in Thailand because al was not koosjer.And i suppose as usual nothing ever came of it.TIT.