Excel.

Chopper

I am using Windows XP Pro SP/2 and am unable to open Excel. I have MS Office 2003 installed and do not have the installation CD.

I am able to open the other applications such as Word Doc. but with Excel the file SKU011.CAB is missing. I have Googled this and it seems quite a common occurrence, though I cannot see any link to download the file from the web. Any help would be welcome.

I am using Windows XP Pro SP/2 and am unable to open Excel. I have MS Office 2003 installed and do not have the installation CD.

I am able to open the other applications such as Word Doc. but with Excel the file SKU011.CAB is missing. I have Googled this and it seems quite a common occurrence, though I cannot see any link to download the file from the web. Any help would be welcome.

I'd suggest a re-install (not sure if there comes the repair option as well ) , but you should get the CD first, did you try a system restore? Maybe that gets it back to work?...or uninstall and get Openoffice it's free and does the Job too.

hope that helps,

rcm :o

There is a lot of information at this site with users having the same problem. :

http://www.dylangreene.com/blog.asp?blogID=371

Seems this was the most common solution:

"I went to registry at regedit --> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Delivery\

I found two directories for downloadcode and changed the values of CDCache for all of them to 0. I changed the value of CDCache in setup.ini to 0 (it was 2). Immediately I tried to open Excel and it worked fine."

Of course this is only if you are comfortable with working with the registry.

Edited by tywais

• 2 weeks later...