ACD See Pro3

I did notice all your photos you post in the photo forum are attachments rather than offsite images and meant to say something to you about it. I highly recommend getting a Flickr account as they give you 1 TB of storage space free for your photos. Then you can post images of any size directly in the forum. If you see my photos they are all linked from Flickr.

If you need help in that area feel free to ask and sorry for being a bit off topic and not directly answering your question. I also stopped using ACDSee a long time ago and use Faststone Image Viewer for photo viewing and batch changes such as resizing.

• Like 1

Given up with Flick, it in Thai and wants Yahoo n Facebook nonsense.Daft as a Visa extension form IMO.. So il try Picasa and a few others for something to do.

Picasa seems to give you a ton of space too now, it keeps growing with out having to pay~ ! .... I too gave up on Flickr, I just hate Yahoo, ! (not that Google is much better these days..... they changed things a few months ago the make it more difficult now) sad.png

If I was to use Google plus, all my posted images would "go south" from the forum... I tried that once and is why there are blank spots in some posts.... bah.gif

Mind you having said that, I just had a email from a friend who tried to open my Picasa links, that I sometimes add to my emails... (Using for those with link option) but only a few of the albums are visible .... to them.... w00t.gif I have to look from someone else's computer to see if I can figure out why that would be....rolleyes.gif cos I can see them all on both my Picasa accounts.... facepalm.gif

ACDsee has their regular sale on new versions according to their email yesterday..... in case anyone wants to buy it! It works better on PC's than Mac, last time I tried their for Mac version, it was sooooo slow.... I complained and they cut me off their forum w00t.gif .... facepalm.gif

With Lightroom, which is faster, one can direct link, to Picasa or Flickr to upload.... I find LR a bit tedious to import, without mixing up Albums.... facepalm.gif

Sorry to get off topic, a little... wink.png

For ACDSee Pro (version 7.1) and perhaps the earlier versions as well...

Right click on the photo you want to resize or do a simple edit. A drop

down window will open, then you will see a bunch of stuff in the window.

Select "process" and another smaller window will open that says...Develope

at the top and Edit below. Select Edit. The picture you want to edit opens

and so does a side window giving many options such as...add text, red eye

reduction, rotate, flip, crop etc...etc...etc. Move the slide bar to whatever you

want...such as resize...and click on resize...another side window will open

and you just resize it however you want to. When finished...in the bottom left

corner of the main edit window you will notice the save button. Click this and

you will be presented with save options, select the one you want, you may have

to do a rename, then save the file.

PM me if you get stuck...I'll do my best to assist.

Given up with Flick, it in Thai and wants Yahoo n Facebook nonsense.Daft as a Visa extension form IMO.. So il try Picasa and a few others for something to do.

Strange; my Flickr is in English. Yes, you need to sign up with a Yahoo account, because Yahoo owns Flickr; but that takes a minute, and you do not need to set up any relationship with Facebook.

On the plus side, as Tywais mentioned, it is really easy to link photos on here from Flickr. And there is a very active user community covering a huge range of topics.

Lightroom for cataloguing and processing, Photoshop for the occasional tweak, and Flickr for sharing; easy life!

• Like 1

Yeh but i can get round Thai.Mrs Pops loaded it on hers today but its in Thai and no ENGLISH button,Ive found that my Camera need no buggering about with, just the 2Phones seem to do what they want.

Mrs Pops presumably has a computer that uses Thai language? So Lightroom quite sensibly defaults to Thai.

There is an English button, or rather a language button. Bring up the preferences panel and the very first option allows you to change the language.

post-152667-0-72431800-1399366637_thumb.

Edited by FracturedRabbit
  • Like 1