Sore Throat Spray in Thailand Pharmacy that is not Useless Herbal Spray? Which brand,name,molecule?

Sore Throat Spray in Thailand Pharmacy that is not Useless Herbal Spray? Which brand,name,molecule?

Hello,

Every time I look for a sore throat spray in Thailand to relieve pain they propose me the useless herbal spray on which they must make a big profit.

But I want a spray that really works (i forgot the name), a kind of anesthetics for throat maybe with benzocaine, cocaine or any other good substance to relieve the pain and stop feeling the throat ?

Can you help me to find one in Thailand ?

Thank you.

• Like 1

Difflam will give some symptomatic relief, yes.

But - do you have some specific chronic condition not mentioned?

The sore throat that accompanies a simple cold or flu would not usually be so severe as to need it - usually one or two doses of paracetemol is enough. A sore throat so painful as to need a topical anesthetic would raise suspicious of a bacterial infection in which case appropriate antibiotics should reduce the pain to a manageable level within a fairly short time if not may not be the right abx.

Further investigations by a good ENT may be in order.

BTW supplemental zinc has been proven to reduce the severity of respiratory infections considerably. I have seen throat lozenges containing zinc in some stores and I think also in the pharmacy section of some Tesco Lotuses. Or can buy "Redoxan", an effervescent mix of Vit C + zinc.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 5/2/2014 at 10:12 AM, thepool said:

Try looking for Difflam Forte throat spray.

Or Kamillosan-M ( Which you will probably reject as being "useless" but is in fact very effective)

hello,

kamillosan is so useless really. Is difflam available ?

What else ?

Thank you.

• Thanks 1