Spine surgery for spinal canal stenosis L4 -5

Spaffy

Great diary of your experience. I'm happy that it went so well for you.

Dr. Eakpatipan was my doctor when I ruptured a disk in my lower back about five years ago. His beside manner is outstanding, and at least in my case, he is conservative in proceeding with surgery, so apparently you were definitely ripe for the procedure whereas I wasn't. My opinion of him went up when I heard him explain why surgery need not be the first and only option.

He was also very understanding when I had panic attacks when they tried to insert me into the MRI. He adjusted his schedule to allow an ambulance take me to another hospital (Urupong) which had an "open top" MRI machine, and then proceeded once he had the MRI films. My admiration and respect for anybody who can tolerate, much less relax, in the "standard' MRI machine! I tried to rationalize that since I'm a hefty guy, my shoulders were practically grazing the side wall and I could feel my breath bouncing off the top, but in the end, I guess I'm just a big wuss. goof.gif

Hope you are back to 100% soon!

Great diary of your experience. I'm happy that it went so well for you.

Dr. Eakpatipan was my doctor when I ruptured a disk in my lower back about five years ago. His beside manner is outstanding, and at least in my case, he is conservative in proceeding with surgery, so apparently you were definitely ripe for the procedure whereas I wasn't. My opinion of him went up when I heard him explain why surgery need not be the first and only option.

He was also very understanding when I had panic attacks when they tried to insert me into the MRI. He adjusted his schedule to allow an ambulance take me to another hospital (Urupong) which had an "open top" MRI machine, and then proceeded once he had the MRI films. My admiration and respect for anybody who can tolerate, much less relax, in the "standard' MRI machine! I tried to rationalize that since I'm a hefty guy, my shoulders were practically grazing the side wall and I could feel my breath bouncing off the top, but in the end, I guess I'm just a big wuss. goof.gif

Hope you are back to 100% soon!

Cheers wpcoe

Likewise I've been impressed with Dr Eakpatipan and all the staff at the BNH Spine centre and on the ward. I do believe I am in good hands and am getting the correct treatment. There is always a tendency to look for ulterior (financial) motives when having surgery and I took time to get a second opinion. One thing I wish I hadn't done was seek advice from friends via Facebook. This just left me with a lot of confusion from people who although mean well, do not have any medical training, have not seen the xrays or MRI and have not examined me. I realise they had my best interests at heart but it left me feeling scared and confused. I was strangely relieved when the doctor in giving the second opinion concurred with Dr Eakpatipan.

I hope your ruptured disc isn't causing you too much distress and you're feeling well. Onwards and upwards.

Cheers

Del