Sweden Married In Thailand

Fergusson

1... what office will we need to contact for married in Bangkok or any surgession

2... what necescery paper that he need to bring with him apply for marry

3... will Sweden Embassy approve this marry certificate for applying to go to Sweden

• 2 months later...
1... what office will we need to contact for married in Bangkok or any surgession

2... what necescery paper that he need to bring with him apply for marry

3... will Sweden Embassy approve this marry certificate for applying to go to Sweden

Well, I got married to a Thai girl 13 years ago. The paper needed was my passport. Then I contacted the Amphur Office in our city to get the marriage registered and got the marriage certificate from them after showing them the pictures of our marriage. A couple of relatives of my wife also went with me to the Amphur's Office to prove that the marriage was indeed genuine. The Sweden Embassy should surely accept the marriage and grant the Visa.

You can not register a marriage in Thailand without paperwork from the Embassy (that he is not married and fit to be a husband). What his Embassy requires for that paper will probably be any previous marriage/divorce paperwork but he needs to ask them. That Embassy paper must in turn be translated into Thai and then registered with the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Only then can you register at the District Office, using this paper and his passport. You will need normal Thai documents.

After the marriage is registered he will have to check with his Embassy (he should be doing this now) on the proper procedure to obtain a visa but believe the Thai Marriage Certificate will be a key item. But visa also normally requires other paperwork and may take some time.