Install Dashcam on Benz & Install GPS tracker on Benz, Do You Know a Reliable Shop ?

Install Dashcam on Benz & Install GPS tracker on Benz, Do You Know a Reliable Shop ?

Hello,

Looking for a shop to install a dashcam and a GPS tracker on a Benz but I do not want to deal with any butcher without real knowledge who is used to install these equipment on trucks...

Do you know any good shop for quality work on expensive cars ?

Thank for your good addresses.

look up driversoundinter on facebook. unlike the lil shophouses found everywhere here that seem to specialize in all things electronic installations, these guys appear to be professionals. I say appear cause I haven't used them but they do look like the real deal and by the looks for all the cars / trucks using them on their fb page, seems like they know a thing or two...

Where are you?

If you are in Pattaya then I would recommend Boys air & sound on Sukhumvit more or less opposite the Toyota dealership which is on the left hand side of the road northbound out of pattaya ( In other words Boys is situated on the left hand side of the road in the Southerly direction going into Pattaya .)

Boys isn't particularly cheap but is very good on installation and fitting, He fitted my tracker and also my own imported sound system from the UK

Talking about the tracker there is one fundamental flaw as far as I am concerned and maybe posters can advise?

The Sim car from AIS is time constrained and I always forget this hence when I need to use the services of the tracker like when I forget where I parked the car I usually get the no active Sim noise.

Does anyone know of a Sim that is not time limited and I can just put credit on once a year or so?

Edited by n210mp

Where are you?

If you are in Pattaya then I would recommend Boys air & sound on Sukhumvit more or less opposite the Toyota dealership which is on the left hand side of the road northbound out of pattaya ( In other words Boys is situated on the left hand side of the road in the Southerly direction going into Pattaya .)

Boys isn't particularly cheap but is very good on installation and fitting, He fitted my tracker and also my own imported sound system from the UK

Talking about the tracker there is one fundamental flaw as far as I am concerned and maybe posters can advise?

The Sim car from AIS is time constrained and I always forget this hence when I need to use the services of the tracker like when I forget where I parked the car I usually get the no active Sim noise.

Does anyone know of a Sim that is not time limited and I can just put credit on once a year or so?

Thank you so much.

For 12 baht Dtac SIM are valid 365 days.

I also just learned here that you can refill 12 times 12call at 7/11 machines to get 12 x 30 days validity (this monkey carrier does not give this validity when i refill 500 baht in 1 time !!!)

How much did you pay for the tracker ? And about Boyzzz I never found this shop with all the best explanations found here, could you tell me what is around this shop ? Or in front ?

Thank you, again.

Where are you?

Thank you so much.

I also just learned here that you can refill 12 times 12call at 7/11 machines to get 12 x 30 days validity (this monkey carrier does not give this validity when i refill 500 baht in 1 time !!!)

How much did you pay for the tracker ? And about Boyzzz I never found this shop with all the best explanations found here, could you tell me what is around this shop ? Or in front ?

Thank you, again.

n210mp's description was spot-on - took me all of 30 seconds to find:

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.990671,100.925294,3a,75y,74.95h,94.86t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sjYAiBz7iQziIt83i3x7lQw!2e0

No comments on the work they do though.......

Edited by IMHO

Where are you?

Where are you?

Thank you so much.

Thank you, again.

n210mp's description was spot-on - took me all of 30 seconds to find:

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.990671,100.925294,3a,75y,74.95h,94.86t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sjYAiBz7iQziIt83i3x7lQw!2e0

No comments on the work they do though.......

Thanks for the advice about DTAC will be changing from AIS next time I go to Carrefour (Big C)

For the mental picture you can find where the Motorway 7 joins Sukhumvut road and take a Northerly heading along Sukhumvit towards Bangkok or Saracha, I assume this is the 3 road on the maps.

Look for a Toyota sign and garage on the left hand side of the road,

When you pass the Toyota garage on the left move over into the right hand lane and do a U turn

Keep over to the left lane and about 200/300 yards you will see on the left hand side a three story building with Boys air and sound written on the walls.

If you pass a Benzine station on your left hand side you have come 100 yards too far

Also do not get confuses with the other Toyota dealership which is a little further up Sukhumvit road on the left hand side but in a Southerly direction.

As far as price is concerned expect to pay full whack at Boys but remember the fitting service is free, this product and also many more can be found cheaper at Tukcom but you must of course haggle

I also found Boy and his wife very friendly and helpful, although stressed most of the time Boy does give an excellent service including if you are unlucky like me a fantastic after sales service.

Edited by n210mp

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I forgot that the SIM card in my car tracker would need to be registered.

This morning I called the SIM to check it was working and got a message saying that the number was out of service.

I presume that the number because I never registered it has been taken out of service and if so can I still register the SIM and then get it back working or do I need to buy a new SIM

If I do need to get another SIM is Dtac still the best time option?

Many thanks for any info