The Best Pharmacy in Bangkok

thaitero

Really, what branch ???

At least in Pattaya where i live Boots is not the best, not even close..

Our best is as far as i know is Fascino, Pattaya Nua Branch.

Looking something similar or better in Bangkok as far of price, selection etc..

The real question to ask is "what is being looked for" !

Most pharmacies stock most of the commonly needed medications and there is little if any price difference between them .

Really?

I do not know how common medicin is gabapentin but for example one day here in pattaya i was looking for that for my friend. Most Pharmacies did not have it. Some did and the pricerange was 140-160 baht/ strip containing ten 300mg capsules / . in Fascino this was priced 110 baht.

I would say there is a difference between prices in different pharmacies or if there is availabilty at all..

Reason i am asking this becaus there is a group of elderly people wanting to make a trip to bangkok and one shopping what they want to do is medicin. So it would be ideal to take them only to one place where they would get most likely the best medicindeals..

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Most pharmacies stock most of the commonly needed medications and there is little if any price difference between them .

Really?

I do not know how common medicin is gabapentin but for example one day here in pattaya i was looking for that for my friend. Most Pharmacies did not have it. Some did and the pricerange was 140-160 baht/ strip containing ten 300mg capsules / . in Fascino this was priced 110 baht.

I would say there is a difference between prices in different pharmacies or if there is availabilty at all..

Reason i am asking this becaus there is a group of elderly people wanting to make a trip to bangkok and one shopping what they want to do is medicin. So it would be ideal to take them only to one place where they would get most likely the best medicindeals..

Many pharmacies will not stock or sell Gabapentin as the regulations require special records of sales be kept and that a First Grade Pharmacist is one duty at all times !

If you wish to check fact go here

http://www.mims.com/Thailand

You will have to sign up

Best you really inform yourself !

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thanks for the mims-tip smile.png

It is very useful site and i already have an account there.

As useful mims is, it does not answer my orginal question.

The answer is has already said ---------------depends on what is being sought !

Not true at all. There can be a 30%-50% difference between 'tourist' pharmacies in lower Sukhumvit and 'local' in Ramklhamphaeng for example. I am comparing the same dosages of the same original products.

As you come out of Soi 4 Sukhumvit take a left. About 75 meters on the left is a pharmacy that has had everything I ever needed.

There is also one on line that is very honest and will mail to you what you order. The name has escaped me but I got the name from TV. They have an online sign up that I could not get through but I called, communicated in English. I had my order the next day after funds transfer. Even got a Christmas greeting from them.

Boots. Topic closed.

Wrong.

Pharmacies near major hospitals typically are well stocked, because they know hospital pharmas charge 3-4 times the price.

Right. There are a couple of very large, well stocked and cheap pharmacies opposite Siriraj Hospital for example. I expect similar can be found near other government hospitals.

I have used the PratuuNaam Pharmacy for about 15 years because they give me good prices and are willing to order medicine that they don't have in stock. If you want to use it, you can have a Thai speaker telephone and ask about the medicine that you want to buy. It is located across (on the opposite side of the street) from the Indra Regent Hotel.

447/12-13 Ratchapraprop Rd.

Makkasum, Rajatevee

Bangkok

Telephone: 02-252-5677

As you come out of Soi 4 Sukhumvit take a left. About 75 meters on the left is a pharmacy that has had everything I ever needed.

There is also one on line that is very honest and will mail to you what you order. The name has escaped me but I got the name from TV. They have an online sign up that I could not get through but I called, communicated in English. I had my order the next day after funds transfer. Even got a Christmas greeting from them.

I was going to recommend this one until I saw that you had.

He is excellent. The Nana one that is.

Edited by Beechboy

I was going to recommend this one until I saw that you had.

He is excellent. The Nana one that is.

I second the recommendation of the Pharmacy just past Soi 4, there are actually two but the larger one is the best - they seem to Stock most medicines and speak good English too.

Patrick

If you are bringing a group of elderly people wanting to make a trip to Bangkok, how about combining it with a trip to the naughty bars in Patpong. From there you can (or maybe cannot if they are too elderly) walk a few hundred yards up Surawong road to Rama IV road. Turn right up Rama IV and go to the pharmacy closest to the pedestrian overpass bridge. This is opposite the Chulalongkon Hospital and Snake farm. Lots of people stocking up on lowest price drugs there. There are actually 4 or 5 pharmacies on that stretch of road, but the one I mention seems the best IMO.

If you are bringing a group of elderly people wanting to make a trip to Bangkok, how about combining it with a trip to the naughty bars in Patpong. From there you can (or maybe cannot if they are too elderly) walk a few hundred yards up Surawong road to Rama IV road. Turn right up Rama IV and go to the pharmacy closest to the pedestrian overpass bridge. This is opposite the Chulalongkon Hospital and Snake farm. Lots of people stocking up on lowest price drugs there. There are actually 4 or 5 pharmacies on that stretch of road, but the one I mention seems the best IMO.

Which brings up another issue. Go to a pharmacy opposite a government hospital like Chula. Very likely cheaper than a pharma opposite Bumrungrad.

+1 more for the one round the corner from Nana. Don't know whether its the cheapest in BKK but certainly 5-10% cheaper than I can get in the large pharmas of a large regional city (Ubon).

You can strike deals with local drug stores for very large discounts - but that will not help a travelling shopper. The large pharmacies located near government hospital areas should be the best price option and they will have everything that is available. The mall and most chain places are very limited and not cheap (but there are some 'save' type places that do have good prices - used to be in Carrefour malls). On Rama 4 roade across from Red Cross are several large places that sell in bulk to normal drug stores but will also sell to customers and have just about everything. Have seen reports of same type places near Victory Monument as that is also a Government hospital area.

Who is bringing a group of elderly to Bangkok for medicin shopping? Or looking for a specific medicin that I never heard of, for a friend? It seems a lot of people here are on self medication. If you need anything else besides Otrivin or Paracetamol, go see a doctor!

The name of the pharmacy on Sukhumvit near soi 4 is Charoen Pharmacy. Tel 02 2514453, 02 2521561. There are two pharmacies in that block so make sure you go to the correct one.

Edited by Spaniel

• 1 year later...

Went to buy a new bottle of 81mg aspirin at Boots Sunday - after years of buying it there. Pharmacist said I now needed a prescription to buy 81mg aspirin. Nonsense. Went to Charoen Pharmacy (the one near Nana) and bought the 81mg with no hassle.

BTW: If my doctor wants me to take a medicine, I usually buy at Boots since they give an itemized printed receipt I can send to my insurance. Charoen Pharmacy does not give receipts.

• 9 months later...

Gabapentin is sold at almost every pharmacy without special license.. 10 300mg caps should cost 100 abht.. 700 for 100 capsules GPO makes good Gabapentin

There is an online source that sells most medications and they are a real pharmacy not sure their location but they ship from Bangkok somewhere their email is peptides4less at gmail... not sure if that helps, but even boots carries Gabapentin lol